Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cork Dermatologist

• 05-03-2014 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hey lads.

Not sure if this is the right section to post this thread, but can anyone recommend a dermatologist in the Cork area?

I've been suffering with rosacea for quite a while now, and after a particularly nasty flare-up this weekend I decided to book an appointment with one to get it sorted. Now, I haven't been to one for a good couple of years, and although I won't name and shame the place I went to today I will say that I was treated so shamefully I resolved never to return and promptly canceled my next appointment. They quite evidently weren't listening to what I had to say. When I confessed to having had enough of this for the past ten years, they remarked "you'll have to deal with it for another ten years then!" and flimsily dismissed my worries by telling me to apply make-up to cover it - nothing about sorting out the redness. They barely glanced at my skin and whipped up a quick prescription to sort out a spotty breakout on my chin.

When I said I had rosacea they scoffed and said it doesn't even affect people until they're in their forties! Needless to say I am deeply unsatisfied with this incredibly unprofessional behaviour. Anyone have any experience of competent dermatologists 'round these parts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

There's one up on College Road that my brother has seen. If you go past the UCC entrance and continue on towards the Bons she's on the left there. She does GP stuff as well as dermatology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

Lyaiera wrote: »
    There's one up on College Road that my brother has seen. If you go past the UCC entrance and continue on towards the Bons she's on the left there. She does GP stuff as well as dermatology.

She's actually not a dermatologist but a GP with special interest in dermatology. OP I had a similar experience to you with a derm in Cork, if you'd like I can send you some info in a pm

Advertisement