Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Modules Affect Transfer Prospects?

Options
  • 05-03-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hey I'm considering transferring to a different college for second year and I'm wondering about the modules I've done or haven't done. The modules that I done this year aren't the same as the modules that they would have done in first year in the college I'm hoping to transfer to. Would this affect my application to transfer? :( Would I be able to go on into second year having not covered the same modules as the other students would have? Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

How long is a piece of string?

You need to contact the course leader of the course you want to transfer into and ask them this question.

Some colleges will not recognise prior learning at all, others will provided the courses are related.

The better your current grades are, the better your chances are especially if there's a difference in course content.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Well I have emailed the course leader and my own academic advisor but they still haven't gotten back to me yet. I was hoping someone here could give me some info if they had any experience with it.

Advertisement