Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Elections 2014: What issues will you be raising with candidates at the door?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

1. Dog**** on footpaths. It's gotten really bad in Dublin 1.
    2. Mountjoy Square Park: There has been talk of getting rid of the council depot and the hard surface playing area and returning the park to its full size; the sooner the better I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

A good few of Brendan Carr (Cabra-Finglas) posters have something like 'Pay the builders' written on them. I assumed it was vandalism, but it's so specific I was wondering if there is any story behind this?

(I'm a member of the Green Party, but I'm from Fingal so I'm not part of any campaigns for DCC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Grudaire wrote: »
    A good few of Brendan Carr (Cabra-Finglas) posters have something like 'Pay the builders' written on them. I assumed it was vandalism, but it's so specific I was wondering if there is any story behind this?

(I'm a member of the Green Party, but I'm from Fingal so I'm not part of any campaigns for DCC)

Is this a question directed towards a candidate? If not, start a new thread please

• Registered Users Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Grudaire

Apologies, rephrased.
    Mr Simpson wrote: »
    Is this a question directed towards a candidate? If not, start a new thread please

@Mr Carr what's this nonsense about 'Pay the builders' scrawled over your posters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Grudaire wrote: »
    Apologies, rephrased.

@Mr Carr what's this nonsense about 'Pay the builders' scrawled over your posters?

No worries, I wasn't sure if it was

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I saw a good few of Carr's posters driving through Finglas this morning (twice) and none of them had that on them so I reckon it's vandalism of some sort?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I would have loved to raise a load of stuff with them in Cabra but no one has called to the house. But as I've already voted it would be academic at this stage.......or just the joy of watching them squirm.

But to ask a question, crime, anti social behavior, dog dirt.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

So noone has called to my door so the only information I have to go on is their election posters and leaflets that dropped in my letter box. I have been trying all evening to find a list of codidates in my area which I finally did now at http://electionsireland.org/biographies.cfm?election=2014L&cons=5028 but that has no real information about any of the candidates in the area other than their party (and I would not vote along party lines other than to exclude any Sinn Fein candidate).

Looking up individual candidates gives these kinds of 'priorities'

My priorities, if elected, will be to work to ensure that your Council delivers:
    • Efficient effective services … that are relevant to our lives today
    • Community-building policies … shaping the heart of our city for all to enjoy
    • Good transparent planning … with high-standard buildings, with local services and amenities, with proper drainage and flood defences, not developer-led
    • Targeted spending that is value for money
    • If you vote for me, I will focus on the issues that matter to you, I will get the job done and I will be accountable to you
    This is classic stuff as the candidate does not actually say anything here:D

So at this point I doubt I will be voting for anyone unless I can find a good reason to select a candidate in the next couple of days. I was hoping to grill them about voting history etc but they didn't call:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

This is the first election where the candidates have not called to my door.

We had 2 call and they were low profile, everyone else just stuck stuff in the door, and yes there was someone home most of the time.

Were they really afraid of confrontation?

Or just not bothered to hear what people had to say.

Advertisement