Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Windows Media Centre to xbox360 (802.11n?)

Options
  • 05-03-2014 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

This has probably been asked before.. but I'm interested to know how to have my computer's windows media centre communicate with my xbox 360 wirelessly. It is apparently possible. The issue I'm having is that I need to change the settings on my router to have it 'do' 802.11n, rather than its present 802.11g. I have read a little and what they're saying is that I need two routers, or one with dual capacity. I have a basic cisco router from UPC. What is the solution to this? Do I need a new router? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

Yillan wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before.. but I'm interested to know how to have my computer's windows media centre communicate with my xbox 360 wirelessly. It is apparently possible. The issue I'm having is that I need to change the settings on my router to have it 'do' 802.11n, rather than its present 802.11g. I have read a little and what they're saying is that I need two routers, or one with dual capacity. I have a basic cisco router from UPC. What is the solution to this? Do I need a new router? Thanks

It should connect on "g" but you may have to upgrade to "n" for better speeds. "n" uses the same frequencies as "g" and is backward compatible. You are best ask Upc about a better "n" router but tbh you really should be running a cable or using homeplugs as media streaming over wireless will always be an issue, even with "n" you will easily max your wireless bandwidth with a HD stream.

Advertisement