Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Republic of Ireland v Serbia - Friendly International - SS3 - KO:7:45 pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Wes Houlihan reminds me of Coutinho at Liverpool.

Tries a load of different things to create chances. Most of these don't come off, and you get frustrated, but then he gives a few delightful balls, and you realize why he's such a good player to have in the team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Lennonist

Serbia are not bad but we look dodgy in defense and in midfield defensively. Serbia starting to make substitutions now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Wes Houlihan reminds me of Coutinho at Liverpool.

Tries a load of different things to create chances. Most of these don't come off, and you get frustrated, but then he gives a few delightful balls, and you realize why he's such a good player to have in the team.

I can forgive a guy for 5-6 poor passes if he can give 3 or 4 goal scoring chances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poor defending again. Feck.

• Serbia have a very good team in fairness I'm impressed in what I have watched so far, both teams showing good skill.

Just as I post..ouch

Wonder what plan B is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Irish defence is shocking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭bohsfan

elefant wrote: »
    Can't see him doing that in a competitive match. Still, very poor decision.

As a follower of Reading I've watched Long a lot. For some reason he often goes with a chip when in a 1v1 situation from outside the box. It's his go to move.

Looks great when it works, like muck when it doesnt...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Very soft- It was always coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Nice one! 1-2

• Lapin wrote: »
    Very soft- It was always coming.

Wards Fault?

• Advertisement

Ward is out :D

• Free header ****

Ah Meyler. Pardew would have buried that.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Wards Fault?

Mistake was by Coleman I think

• Ah Meyler. Pardew would have buried that.

LOL

• Agree with Ray, Coleman having a bad game.
    What club does Myler play for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Matic has completely bossed this match.

• Matic has completely bossed this match.

He's got great balance also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

We are rubbish in defense.

• Advertisement

Matic is class player for sure,i like Markovic's performance too,kido turned 20 few days ago and plays for benfica,perspective player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

We are rubbish in defense.

Bring trap back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Bring trap back!

I'd rather watch paint dry !

Much better serbian performance in 2nd half

• Matic is class player for sure,i like Markovic's performance too,kido turned 20 few days ago and plays for benfica,perspective player

You have a very promising team, Portugal and France will find it tough against you

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

I hate McCarthy when he plays for Ireland. Looks like he doesn't care and doesn't even look for the ball.

• Advertisement

It's all gone flat for Ireland and Serbia are far sharper to everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Ireland have gassed

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You have a very promising team, Portugal and France will find it tough against you

Unfortunately its our problem for decades,we always have plenty of talented young players and they finish like bollocks when you expect them to do something. Thats why nobody here gets optimistic too soon :D

Delighted to see Ljajic back to national team!!!

Outmuscled by this Serb outfit in the 2nd half as well as outplayed.

• Advertisement

Delighted to see Ljajic back to national team!!!

Banned for not singing the anthem according to the commentators. Was that decision popular with Serbia fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Awful 30 minutes from Ireland. Back to the old Trap ways there.

Could have been different had Long taken least 1 chance.

• Dempsey wrote: »
    Ireland have gassed

Changes are like for like for us, what's the other option?
    We can't match matic in midfield he's getting too much of the ball, push it wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Serbia not missing Montenegro by the looks of things.

I remember reading a post on this forum ages ago, gave me a good laugh:
    Serbia, telling Montenegro to go **** themselves since 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Walters has a burst of speed like a one-legged buffalo.

Banned for not singing the anthem according to the commentators. Was that decision popular with Serbia fans?

Matic was banned also by ex coach together with Ljajic who refused to sing anthem. Getting rid of 2 extra important players just so you prove smthg was idiotical for majority of fans. Im glad they are both back,same as all other fans

keith16 wrote: »
    Serbia not missing Montenegro by the looks of things.

I remember reading a post on this forum ages ago, gave me a good laugh:

Missing Montenegro? no offence but even i know only 2 montenegrian players,Jovetic from City and Vucinic from Juve,others are anonymous even to me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Depressing. If we play as badly as this in the Euro's, then we don't have a hope of finishing above Poland.

• Depressing. If we play as badly as this in the Euro's, then we don't have a hope of finishing above Poland.

Need to be realistic, in fairness at least we tried to play some proper football in the first 45. Only for some poor finishing we would be leading this.

Not sure what anyone else expects. This is a very good side we are playing give them credit.

We scrapped a draw the last time with trap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Missing Montenegro? no offence but even i know only 2 montenegrian players,Jovetic from City and Vucinic from Juve,others are anonymous even to me....

Serbia NOT missing them! They definitely look like a tidy outfit!

• Advertisement

Fair enough,we played just as much as we needed,always good to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Poor finish to the game but then again most of our best players were taken off near the end so an equaliser always looked unlikely. I thought we showed a lot if good things going forward and if we can solidify things up at the back, we could at least be competitive again with higher ranked teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,430 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Forde kept us in the game. Sadly, Long's wastefulness kept us out. Could have been a different story had he converted more

Depressing. If we play as badly as this in the Euro's, then we don't have a hope of finishing above Poland.

Scotland beat Poland in Warsaw tonight. All friendly matches of course but right now looks like a dogfight for 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

or Scotland

I find that very disappointing. Not so much the result but the performance. Serbia were on another level to us in terms of their technical ability.

Maybe it will have a positive effect in the long run. Those who said getting second spot in our Euro group would be straightforward ought to have a rethink. We are desperately lacking in quality.

Time for the FAI to give O'Neill power behind the scenes too so we can put in place a structure for the future. Ireland u-21s under Noel King lost to Montenegro earlier today. I have no faith in King to be the one to take Irish football forward after seeing his tenure with the senior team last year.

Looks like eastern European nations have left us in the dust. I feel we're very ordinary.

• Lennonist wrote: »
    Scotland beat Poland in Warsaw tonight. All friendly matches of course but right now looks like a dogfight for 2nd.

It's a really exciting group to be honest, I'm defo going to try and travel to the Scotland game

Scotland will be very tough to beat,they have been transformed under Strachan in terms of attitude & application

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

I don't buy it, man for man we're better than Scotland, if we can get our act together we should beat them and finish above them.

• Advertisement

aramush wrote: »
    I don't buy it, man for man we're better than Scotland, if we can get our act together we should beat them and finish above them.

They are a better team at the moment, no doubt about that. Alot of ifs & buts regarding the Irish team. They have alot of ifs & buts too which makes them think they can improve alot more aswell.

Advertisement