Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Victor Moore - Emails About Property

Options
  • 05-03-2014 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever got any emails from a victor moore v200moore@gmail.com? My mum has started getting a few emails saying that he is interested in property that they have. Now while they do have property they do not have it for let or anything..His English is very bad..

Very odd indeed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Milly33 wrote: »
    ..His English is very bad..

It's for this reason alone I would assume it's a scam, ignore. If they really want to conduct business they will contact you via telephone and arrange a meeting like normal people do.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

It's for this reason alone I would assume it's a scam, ignore. If they really want to conduct business they will contact you via telephone and arrange a meeting like normal people do.

I wasn't aware normal people only used phones. I certainly don't.

OP why don't you tell your parents to ask how he got their address.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Ah now now be nice :) haha.

It is my mum as I say so just worried he is going to be a pest now with emails.

I said that to her that if she hadn't put an add up then sure why would they be contacting her, he mentioned and English property company which is there on the web but again why would they have anything listed there. Just pondering if tis something sneaky sneaky.. People are so odd, still laughing at one I got for someone saying I could rent a property if I could just send my passport to them hehe..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

I'd be extremely dubious. What are the odds an English company would be able to associate the property with the email address of the owner? Did they mention any details whatsoever about the property? If the answer is "no", it's 100% spamalicious. Send around a few hundred thousand emails about interest in someone's property, and a few thousand will think "that's funny... how did they know I had property....".

I know, lets hope this is the last of the emails and he wont be bothering her..thanks to all

• Advertisement

There is sun outside isn't it lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Milly33 wrote: »
    There is sun outside isn't it lovely

That's fake too. Seriously, sun in Cork? You'll fall for anything... :P

Yeah, it is very nice!

haha there is!! there is and everyone is so much happier..You don't even need a jacket like tis that warm out there..Fecking Boiling :)

Advertisement