Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 week 12 Results

• 05-03-2014 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭

Ravens lost to the CPU Chargers 17-18

Chargers are a poor team with a non existent run game and Philip Rivers got sacked 5 times

This game was thrown away with dumb throws and stupid picks. Honestly I think I play better against human players as I concentrate very hard.

Ravens could sweep up the field with ease but had two redzone fumbles and two redzone picks. Was in FG position at the end and could have won it, tried to rush for some yards and fumbled.

:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Texans hammer The Colts 59-24

Colts O Line never showed up today, after given up only 8 at most sacks for the season they give up 9 yes 9 sacks today with Goster Cherilus given up 5 mostly to The Beast JJ Watt

Best for the Texans apart from Watt were Timmy McDonald and Arian Foster with 400 yards recieving between them and 3 TD's for McDonald.

Best for Colts in a game to forget was DJax with 270 yards off 11 catches.

More injury problems for the colts with Terrell Thomas joining Greg Toler on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

After improving my defense from 28th after week 3 to 12th before today, its definitely back to the drawing board for the next game v the Falcons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

My thread was posted first :P

I forgot to add well played giffney, thoroughy deserved victory, i'll definitely get ya next season ;)

and Mike you lost to the CPU, you dont deserve your post to be 1st in the losers results ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Texans hammer The Colts 59-24

Colts O Line never showed up today, after given up only 8 at most sacks for the season they give up 9 yes 9 sacks today with Goster Cherilus given up 5 mostly to The Beast JJ Watt

Best for the Texans apart from Watt were Timmy McDonald and Arian Foster with 400 yards recieving between them and 3 TD's for McDonald.

Best for Colts in a game to forget was DJax with 270 yards off 11 catches.

More injury problems for the colts with Terrell Thomas joining Greg Toler on the sidelines for the rest of the season.

After improving my defense from 28th after week 3 to 12th before today, its definitely back to the drawing board for the next game v the Falcons

Yeh good game rock, just got ahead and didn't look back!

JJ Watt was immense, just ripped through the line, 5 sacks and fair few forced early passes!

Hard luck rock, great chat!

JJ Watt was immense, just ripped through the line, 5 sacks and fair few forced early passes!

Yeah and think i was 0-3 inside the redzone to, a totally forgettable game for me, Watt was immense, the Right side of my O Line never stood a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Threads merged.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Saints @ Titans
    Titans receive first.. and drive it well to midfield
    Mariani trucks the entire secondary of the Saints for a 40 yard gain!
    TD Greene.. no.. down on the 1.. Greene powers over for a TD

Drrick morgan drops into coverage and the Titans drop a chance at a 2nd pick in a row.. Graham TD

Titans throw a pick.. Sproles TD

Titans then go on a long clock eating drive they are at the 6 with 37 seconds left TD Willaims

HT and its 14-14.. Saints to receive and they go on a good.. McCourty diving pick in the end zone! TD Mariani at the end of the third..

Its going to Graham.. Pollard bats it down instead of picking.. TD Saints....
    Greene fumbles Saints recover :( and then a great crossing route it might be picked but no.. it goes for the TD..
    Titans are driving well.. Lockette is open! but no its picked!
    2 min warning and then on 3rd down the Saints move the chains and that is game

Saints 28 Titans 21

Titans with 352 yards of offense, 91 rushing
    Saints with 368 yards of offense, 103 rushing

A CB forced the fumble :( on shonn greene.. MAdden that is not realistic!!!!

Great game paully, definitely one of my more enjoyable in the last while

You think a CB forcing a fumble is unrealistic, i had sanders catch a pass and take 3 maybe 4 steps before he ran out of bounds only for it to be ruled an out of bounds catch, giffney and i at the same time said challenge so i did and i lost.

Now thats unrealistic Helimachopter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You think a CB forcing a fumble is unrealistic, i had sanders catch a pass and take 3 maybe 4 steps before he ran out of bounds only for it to be ruled an out of bounds catch, giffney and i at the same time said challenge so i did and i lost.

Now thats unrealistic Helimachopter.

Does he have the Feet in Bounds trait :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints @ Titans
    Titans receive first.. and drive it well to midfield
    Mariani trucks the entire secondary of the Saints for a 40 yard gain!
    TD Greene.. no.. down on the 1.. Greene powers over for a TD

Drrick morgan drops into coverage and the Titans drop a chance at a 2nd pick in a row.. Graham TD

Titans throw a pick.. Sproles TD

Titans then go on a long clock eating drive they are at the 6 with 37 seconds left TD Willaims

HT and its 14-14.. Saints to receive and they go on a good.. McCourty diving pick in the end zone! TD Mariani at the end of the third..

Its going to Graham.. Pollard bats it down instead of picking.. TD Saints....
    Greene fumbles Saints recover :( and then a great crossing route it might be picked but no.. it goes for the TD..
    Titans are driving well.. Lockette is open! but no its picked!
    2 min warning and then on 3rd down the Saints move the chains and that is game

Saints 28 Titans 21

Titans with 352 yards of offense, 91 rushing
    Saints with 368 yards of offense, 103 rushing

A CB forced the fumble :( on shonn greene.. MAdden that is not realistic!!!!

Great game paully, definitely one of my more enjoyable in the last while

Extremely close game this.

As we discussed during the game it was probably going to come down to whoever got the ball last, and fortunately for me it came at the end of the game via the fumble. Patrick Robinson who forced the fumble picked a good time to come knocking on my door looking for a new contract before that game :pac:

Great game Heli, I really enjoyed it and it was good to speak to you. All the best for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Pity he'll be off to free agency come season end muhhahahahahaha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals take care of business against the cardinals and are now 1 game back of the ravens!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Ur r literally the worst person ever'

PerrinV2 wrote: »

Along with half his team :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭Raoul

Does anyone know how much of a difference the catching stat makes to CBs making interceptions. I have really good cbs but they don't seem to be intercepting a lot and I think it might be down to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Raoul wrote: »
    Does anyone know how much of a difference the catching stat makes to CBs making interceptions. I have really good cbs but they don't seem to be intercepting a lot and I think it might be down to this.

Do you run more man or zone? There's differnt stats that effect nits for both.

empacher wrote: »
    Do you run more man or zone? There's differnt stats that effect nits for both.

I mix it up really depending on who I play. My players just seem to be in a position to pick the ball but end up with their hands in the position to catch it and the ball just drops to the ground. It is a stat that I didn't really pay attention to before but maybe something I should consider.

I don't think man or zone makes a difference, other than catching, try to up their consistency!

Ints are nut, i mean in my game with Paully last night, McCourty literally dived across the end zone to make a one handed catch in front of Jimmy Graham... on the next drive the ball is fired at Pollard (i think) and he's looking straight at it and he drops the thing

The ints in the game still drive me insane with the fact that a user controlled player can easily make up huge ground from a WR that has separation and make the int.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Didn't know the rules with regards to restarting games against CPU, but Eagles beat Cowboys 59-48, in a game where we were both in white and I couldn't tell a damn player apart :pac:

Romo threw for a stupid amount, with 3 big mistakes notching 70+ yard runs (well, throws according to stats). Mainly, I tackled my own player, more or less :D In the end I just didn't bother with defense and put the controller down and trusted my offense.

Banks returned 3 TDs and had over 500 Kick Return yards. I love that man.

Game was a right pain in the ass with the kits though, tbh.

I think you could have restarted. The restart really is to not allow people that are losing to just start again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I don't think it makes much difference at all. I'd imagine the game is scripted so that there's not too many INT's in a game and that's why CB's bat the ball down a lot of drop catches.

Paully D wrote: »
    I don't think it makes much difference at all. I'd imagine the game is scripted so that there's not too many INT's in a game and that's why CB's bat the ball down a lot of drop catches.

That functionality is obviously broken whenever I'm at the controls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

**** just got real in NFC West!!!!!
    Seahawks 24
    49ers 21

Game was tight as the score suggests, lynch said he was glad to be back, but lost zach miller with a broken collarbone, 49ers medium to deep passing I struggled with but managed to contain KP7, think Gore is back for our rematch in 3 weeks!

Looks like another tight year in the NFC !
    Good game mate.

Bears beat the Lions 43-6. Defensive masterclass really and a very strong run game wins it. Don't know what I was talking about earlier. 6 ints in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gary Ibbotson

Bears beat the Lions 43-6. Defensive masterclass really and a very strong run game wins it. Don't know what I was talking about earlier. 6 ints in this game.

I honestly didn't know what to do the whole game. My usually solid passing game was a disaster against the Bears excellent D. To further add to the embarrassment I just could not defend the run, Forte cut through my depleted front 7 with ease and basically the whole game was a blowout from start to finish. Jaysus, with that performance I don't deserve to get to the playoffs.

I honestly didn't know what to do the whole game. My usually solid passing game was a disaster against the Bears excellent D. To further add to the embarrassment I just could not defend the run, Forte cut through my depleted front 7 with ease and basically the whole game was a blowout from start to finish. Jaysus, with that performance I don't deserve to get to the playoffs.

One thing I would say is you had 3 linebackers on the field a lot of the time trying to stop the run. Unfortunately they aren't as fast as Matt Forte, so I was able to get it out quickly to the side and run past them. Sometimes I think you are better having more dbs in to defend against a guy that is constantly running to the outside. Or have your linebackers start off outside of the numbers, if there is a run up the middle they should be able to converge to stop it without it making lots of yards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

adrian522 wrote: »
    I don't think man or zone makes a difference, other than catching, try to up their consistency!

consistency is linked with hot and cold streaks. Which has a slight effect on stats in game.

awareness has a very big effect on Zone and Man Coverage. As for a CB it relates to understanding the trajectory of passes. Also Play recognition, believe it or not even on 3rd and 20 if you dont pass commit. a CB with low PR will bite on play action and can get burnt or be out of their Zones. I find INTs aren't effected by catching but more by the positioning of the CB and how aware they are of the ball. low awareness = ball bouncing off there heads.

I find Zone better for INTs then man. Plus if the WR makes the catch the ball gets knocked out more often a they converge on it. Unless its a deep ball with the cb keeping up with the WR, the they easily can jump the route as they have more time to judge the balls trajectory.

I still think we should make pass defence harder by upping the sliders. I notice that particularly post and corner routes beat man coverage too easily despite shading correctly. More often then not its easy to beat zones by passing when the route breaks in or out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Another Sim loss for the Chiefs,this time to the Broncos,just hope there's no injuries I guess.
    A wildcard beckons.

Advertisement