Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sky Sp/Movies €15 a month

• 05-03-2014 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭

Got call from Sky this eve,3 month offer of All Sky sports and movies,took it,can cancel after 3mths with mths notice given before yer hit for high fee,would interest soccer fans coming up to end of season....they obv feeling pinch from people going to Saorview.....sorry guys title should read €15 a month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Got call from Sky this eve,3 month offer of All Sky sports and movies,took it,can cancel after 3mths with mths notice given before yer hit for high fee,would interest soccer fans coming up to end of season....they obv feeling pinch from people going to Saorview.

As in €15 for 3 months or €30, so 2 €5x3=30.. Do you have standard Sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

As in €15 for 3 months or €30, so 2 €5x3=30.. Do you have standard Sky?

Off top of head have basic package at mo and after bit of bargaining that time it's 33 euro a month and have HD for a fiver a month for 6mths(will cancel soon)....it's sports and movies for 15 euro a month,sorry I mistyped title,but its still great value if ya like soccer and have a wife that's looking forward to movies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Title updated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

With all the competition (evision, UPC, setanta, saorview, Netflix and 'other' streaming services, let's hope the way sky and their other mates subs are headed in the customers favour.

We'll wait and see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Eight Ball

You can get 99% of football matches streamed on the laptop through to the TV now anyway. I'd save the 15 euro myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,550 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Its a summer offer, most people dump sky sports for the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Eight Ball wrote: »
    You can get 99% of football matches streamed on the laptop through to the TV now anyway. I'd save the 15 euro myself.

what site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

have just got off the phone to sky and they dont have any offer for sports and movies for €15 he actually wanted to no where i saw the offer as sky no nothing about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

jambofc wrote: »
    have just got off the phone to sky and they dont have any offer for sports and movies for €15 he actually wanted to no where i saw the offer as sky no nothing about it.

Hi jambofc, I don't know anything about the op's offer, but I do know I rang sky last Thursday to see if I could get a deal on Sky Sports ( I have the Sky Entertainment extra package, plus unlimited broadband and talktime) they offered sports to me for 1/2 price for 6 months (€18). I took it and himself was delighted.:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Hi jambofc, I don't know anything about the op's offer, but I do know I rang sky last Thursday to see if I could get a deal on Sky Sports ( I have the Sky Entertainment extra package, plus unlimited broadband and talktime) they offered sports to me for 1/2 price for 6 months (€18). I took it and himself was delighted.:D;)

it seems to be a specific customer deal only kind of thing he said i could get a deal on movies but i dont want it i wanted the sports and he just said he couldn't offer me anything

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

With all the competition (evision, UPC, setanta, saorview, Netflix and 'other' streaming services, let's hope the way sky and their other mates subs are headed in the customers favour.

We'll wait and see.
    Lets hope so and for good too,not just for 6 months and then the price is whacked back up again.I hate deals like that.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

jpb14 wrote: »
    You dont even need a PC or Laptop.Al thats needs if a working BB connection that has more than 2.5mb bordband on it and a magical little box about the size of a ciggie box.You can also watch new release movies,unlimited tv stations from around the world and live ppv sports events for free.Thats all Im saying about as we cant talk anymore about it here due to potential legal implications from any or the TV Channel providers.

Is this XBMC?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

meathman0 wrote: »
    Is this XBMC?

google it and see what you get,thats all I will say on the matter.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 158 ✭✭tennis12

Rang me with this offer,
    Said it was for "random" customers off a list... Didnt take it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

I also got the call earlier today. She said it was a loyalty promotion. Didn't go with it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

That seems like an interesting offer. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭kmurph

I got the same offer yesterday. Said it was a loyalty offer because I'd been with them for 8 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got the call today for this, decided to take it, good value at under 4 euro a week IMO

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

Sky will always deny any deals that aren't specific to your account.
    They don't want a load of subscribers trying to cancel as they didn't get offered any discounts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

irishgeo wrote: »
    Its a summer offer, most people dump sky sports for the summer.

A summer offer for March,April and May?

Most people dump sports in May for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

What about us mugs who already have sports and movies??Can we not avail of this "loyalty offer"? Or do I have to cancel both services first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Got the call myself, literally just there now.

I didn't take it though. I'm not big into sports, any big game, I'll head to the pub. The lady on the phone said that movies would be free, so that in itself would be worth 15euro.

I just said that I personally didn't think the movies were even worth fifteen euro either. what with Netflix etc.

(always make sure and remind them of their competitors)

Good deal if you were a sports buff though. Plus I always find sky a pleasure to deal with. That deal just ain't for me though.

Advertisement