Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 week ban

Options
  • 05-03-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been banned for one week from the Animals & Pet Issues forum. I received this ban after posting in a thread a moderator (anniehoo) suggested I not post in. As the moderator did not state clearly i should not post i PMed the mod for clarification and continued to post on topic and in a manner that did not violate the forum rules. The moderator claims that it was clear i was not to post, i disagree with this. I also believe i should not have been requested to not post in the thread. My discussion was on topic and within the forum charter.

I also disagree with the length of the ban i received. As per the forum charter i would have expected a one day ban, not one week.

I have contacted the moderator to discuss the ban but have been told where to go.

Subject: Re: You have been banned

I suggested you post no further in the thread which you did.

I am done dealing with you. Please escalate my decision to a CMod if you need YET AGAIN clarification as basic question answering and instruction following seem to be alluding you.

Anniehoo

---Quote (Originally by runawaybishop)---
    i did not receive instruction to not post in the thread. Please confirm if you will reverse this ban.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I have been banned for one week from the Animals & Pet Issues forum. I received this ban after posting in a thread a moderator (anniehoo) suggested I not post in. As the moderator did not state clearly i should not post...
    You seem to have problems understanding idiomatic English, so let me clarify something for you: when someone in a position of authority says "I suggest you not do x", it means "don't do x". If you didn't know that before, you know it now, and you can take that as a valuable lesson from this experience.

The ban is upheld, I'm not going to waste a category moderator's time on transparent rules lawyering.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement