Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house alarm upgrade

Options
  • 05-03-2014 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I want to upgrade an old accenta wired system as it is starting to act up.

It has wired window sensors & a few PIRS ,

I want to replace control unit , external wired box and control panel .

I wonder is there a wired system with added connection to my wireless broadband that can communicate to me via android app/email/text if alarm triggers,

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Siemens SPC 4300 range or the New Risco LightSYS2 are what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Koolkid, I'm thinking of replacing my system with the lightsys2 that you mentioned and wondering what you think? Have you installed these yourself yet? They seem quite new.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am installing them regularly. A very good system that will do all those alerts and give you remote control via the app & browser for free .

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Mycro

Thanks Koolkid.

I would like to upgrade my old panel to the Lightsys2. There is only one things that concerns me. I think I'll have to replace all my inertia/contacts because the risco panel doesn't handle pulses from these sensors. I currently have HKC inertia/contacts (or equiv) on all doors and windows so these would need replaced as far as I know!p. Would this be correct?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Mycro wrote: »
    I would like to upgrade my old panel to the Lightsys2. There is only one things that concerns me. I think I'll have to replace all my inertia/contacts because the risco panel doesn't handle pulses from these sensors. I currently have HKC inertia/contacts (or equiv) on all doors and windows so these would need replaced as far as I know!p. Would this be correct?

Thanks again.

The Lightsys has analyze inputs so the HKC sensors will work with the system.

• Advertisement
Advertisement