Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing @ DIT

Options
  • 05-03-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Looking to find out more about Marketing at DIT as Im considering putting it second on my CAO and most likely wont get my first.

Can anybody tell me
    - class size
    - some pros and cons
    - is there any programming involved?
    - is it a manageable workload
    - is there a good social life
    - is there a mix of boys/girls

Thanks a lot guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

Looking to find out more about Marketing at DIT as Im considering putting it second on my CAO and most likely wont get my first.

Can anybody tell me
    - class size
    - some pros and cons
    - is there any programming involved?
    - is it a manageable workload
    - is there a good social life
    - is there a mix of boys/girls

Thanks a lot guys

I did this but it was like 6 years ago now. It all could have changed now.

The Class size was about 30 a class.
    It's quite a good course as it covers quite a lot of various aspects of marketing from sales, communications, media, analytics etc.
    There wasn't programming in my day only analytics. I'm guessing they have some sort now though but can't confirm it.
    To be honest the workload is mainly group work when I did it so it was quite manageable. It's not easy in fourth year to be fair.
    Yeah DIT has a good social life. Maybe not as good as other unis as they have pubs but it was good fun.
    It's 70% girls when I was there but not sure now.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bassfacewhy

NoelJ wrote: »
    I did this but it was like 6 years ago now. It all could have changed now.

The Class size was about 30 a class.
    It's quite a good course as it covers quite a lot of various aspects of marketing from sales, communications, media, analytics etc.
    There wasn't programming in my day only analytics. I'm guessing they have some sort now though but can't confirm it.
    To be honest the workload is mainly group work when I did it so it was quite manageable. It's not easy in fourth year to be fair.
    Yeah DIT has a good social life. Maybe not as good as other unis as they have pubs but it was good fun.
    It's 70% girls when I was there but not sure now.

Thanks a lot.
    Did you have trouble finding work when you finished? And if you're working now, how are you finding it, ie do you like it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LoveEire

Thanks a lot.
    Did you have trouble finding work when you finished? And if you're working now, how are you finding it, ie do you like it?

Hi. Can I ask you if you decided to go for it last year? If so, did you enjoy your first year? I'm interested to know about the quality of teaching, hoping it's challenging and students REALLY learn from lecturers.

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

LoveEire wrote: »
    Hi. Can I ask you if you decided to go for it last year? If so, did you enjoy your first year? I'm interested to know about the quality of teaching, hoping it's challenging and students REALLY learn from lecturers.

Thanks very much!

Hey

I'm going into 3rd on the course. Its really a great one, a lot busier that some of the other courses on offer. Lots of groupwork which is "challenging" but there's a broad range of modules covered from accounting and economics through to marketing theory, and information systems.

with regards to the quality of teaching, its self-driven in most modules, in that lecturers will guide you but not spoon feed you material. its up to you to motivate yourself and get the big %, otherwise if you take just class material you'll be skating about at 55-60%

Hope that helps

ghpeople wrote: »
    Hey

I'm going into 3rd on the course. Its really a great one, a lot busier that some of the other courses on offer. Lots of groupwork which is "challenging" but there's a broad range of modules covered from accounting and economics through to marketing theory, and information systems.

with regards to the quality of teaching, its self-driven in most modules, in that lecturers will guide you but not spoon feed you material. its up to you to motivate yourself and get the big %, otherwise if you take just class material you'll be skating about at 55-60%

Hope that helps

Hi ghpeople, thanks so much for this, it was very helpful. Of course, 3rd level education has a lot of self study outside classes, so I wasn't hoping for it to be easy and all digested in class. I was more concerned about the quality of lecturers in class. As in are they knowledgeable and make the lessons interesting or is it a waste of time (you can easily go home an read the power point presentations yourself)? I'm asking since I'm attending a course that has some lecturers that do that and I am thinking of changing to a different college or university.

Since you're advanced in the degree, would you recommend it? And is it doable? It's 3 days per week as opposed to 2 in other places. If I decided to go to DIT, I'd like to be sure that I won't be exhausted all year long between work, uni and other activities.

Thanks so much for your help, it is much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

LoveEire wrote: »
    Hi ghpeople, thanks so much for this, it was very helpful. Of course, 3rd level education has a lot of self study outside classes, so I wasn't hoping for it to be easy and all digested in class. I was more concerned about the quality of lecturers in class. As in are they knowledgeable and make the lessons interesting or is it a waste of time (you can easily go home an read the power point presentations yourself)? I'm asking since I'm attending a course that has some lecturers that do that and I am thinking of changing to a different college or university.

Since you're advanced in the degree, would you recommend it? And is it doable? It's 3 days per week as opposed to 2 in other places. If I decided to go to DIT, I'd like to be sure that I won't be exhausted all year long between work, uni and other activities.

Thanks so much for your help, it is much appreciated

First year has just one lecturer that was woeful, but you'll get by regardless, as the subject itself is relatively interesting. The other 5/6 lecturers are great with key module lecturers really being excellent, they're passionate, relevant and motivate most people. It's 5 days per week, mostly mornings 4 hours or so. Group work will keep you in full time. You'll generally have 3/4 assignments, all group, on the go. I genuinely love the course.

ghpeople wrote: »
    First year has just one lecturer that was woeful, but you'll get by regardless, as the subject itself is relatively interesting. The other 5/6 lecturers are great with key module lecturers really being excellent, they're passionate, relevant and motivate most people. It's 5 days per week, mostly mornings 4 hours or so. Group work will keep you in full time. You'll generally have 3/4 assignments, all group, on the go. I genuinely love the course.

Thanks very much for that! I was looking into studying part-time since I'm working, but you have helped me a lot with all this information, I really appreciate it.

Have a good weekend!

Advertisement