Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

security camera help

Options
  • 05-03-2014 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I would appreciate any advice i am trying to install a home security camera which has a scart end. Problem is there is only one scart fitting on tv and also trying to connect a vcr so i can record? i tried a scart adapter but it interfered with the camera picture. i am trying to view the camera on the tv and record at the same time ?????:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I would appreciate any advice i am trying to install a home security camera which has a scart end. Problem is there is only one scart fitting on tv and also trying to connect a vcr so i can record? i tried a scart adapter but it interfered with the camera picture. i am trying to view the camera on the tv and record at the same time ?????
    Does your VCR have a second SCART connector? If so, connect the camera to that, and you can view your camera on the TV when the VCR is set to the external SCART input.

Alternatively, if your VCR has auxiliary inputs (three round phono connectors coloured yellow, white, red) at the front or side, you can get an adapter cable that will let you connect your SCART from the camera to it.

A final option would be to connect the TV output of the VCR to your TV and use that to view the VCR picture; then connect the camera to the SCART on your VCR. You'll give up a little picture quality that way (even when watching normal videos) but that mightn't be a big deal, especially if you're only using the VCR for the camera and not for general recording.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anneobrien1975

Tenshot wrote: »
    Does your VCR have a second SCART connector? If so, connect the camera to that, and you can view your camera on the TV when the VCR is set to the external SCART input.

Alternatively, if your VCR has auxiliary inputs (three round phono connectors coloured yellow, white, red) at the front or side, you can get an adapter cable that will let you connect your SCART from the camera to it.

A final option would be to connect the TV output of the VCR to your TV and use that to view the VCR picture; then connect the camera to the SCART on your VCR. You'll give up a little picture quality that way (even when watching normal videos) but that mightn't be a big deal, especially if you're only using the VCR for the camera and not for general recording.

No second scart or ports for coloured cables. I have only a scart on camera which i connected to vcr then bought a white cable to connect from tv aerial to vcr but i cant record and view at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

No second scart or ports for coloured cables. I have only a scart on camera which i connected to vcr then bought a white cable to connect from tv aerial to vcr but i cant record and view at the same time

You need to tune a channel on your TV to the VCR channel - it's normally somewhere around UHF channel 36-37. Put a VCR tape in the recorder and start it playing, something that you'll recognize. Then tune the TV until you find the channel with the tape playing; save that channel.

Next, stop the tape and switch the VCR to channel 0 or Channel 99 or Channel ext-AV (depends on the model, but it will be something outside the standard VCR channel numbers). This will correspond to the SCART input on the back, where you've connected your camera. You should then see the CCTV picture on your TV whenever you switch to the TV channel you saved earlier, and you can record it by just hitting Record on the VCR.

What's the exact model number of your VCR?

Advertisement