Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.Net c# developer salaries

Options
  • 05-03-2014 11:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked several times but I can't seem to find much up to date information.

I am coming to the end of a software development internship and will be negotiating my starting salary with the same company in the coming weeks. I've been at this company for 3 months after doing a 1 year software development course.

Originally I studied maths (that's my bachelors) and then I went on and worked as a math teacher for several years. So I'm obviously very new to this industry.

I'm working at a very small company - there are only 2 other developers. For my internship I was earning 25,000 so I am wondering what I should look for / expect when negotiating my contract.

Although I have limited experience, I have more than proved myself - I have been given several projects which I completed before deadline and I have a perfect 4.0 QCA.

I get along well with my co-workers and I'm quite confident they will not want to lose me. So my question is - what should I ask for as a .net (c#) developer? I don't want to seem greedy but I don't want to under value myself and I know I am hard working and have lots of potential.
    I am based in Munster.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

let them make an offer.. then compare to the salary surverys..

http://www.brightwater.ie/documents/brightwater_salary_surveys_ROI_2014.pdf

If its below, point it out to them using the doc above itselfs and ask them if theyd consider matching the going rate.

If its higher than market rate, its up to you if you want to push them more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DxbCat

Thanks for that.
    I'm okay with pointing out if the rate they offer is below average...but I think I will be asked what I expect-so I'd like to have a figure ready.
    I dont want to go too high and be unrealistic but I also don't want to start lower than what they're prepared to offer. (Wishful thinking perhaps that they will have a higher figure in mind!!)
    I was thinking 35000.... Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

DxbCat wrote: »
    Thanks for that.
    I'm okay with pointing out if the rate they offer is below average...but I think I will be asked what I expect-so I'd like to have a figure ready.
    I dont want to go too high and be unrealistic but I also don't want to start lower than what they're prepared to offer. (Wishful thinking perhaps that they will have a higher figure in mind!!)
    I was thinking 35000.... Any advice?

I think the higher scale for software dev salaries at the moment is 28,000-32,000 for new Graduates. So that might be a little high although if you ask for it they might agree or offer you more than 32,000.

Advertisement