Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

watching your weight while doin ivf

Options
  • 05-03-2014 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering if anybody has gone to a weight loss group while doing ivf,i've been eating really badly and i'm thinkin of rejoining ww,i'm also about to start my first cycle,any suggestion's greatly welcomed!

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I would suggest gentle changes - you'll be under enough pressure and stress with IVF without the upset of having a bad day if you fall off the wagon or feeling guilty if you treat yourself or go over your points.

Try what I call 'A little more, A little less'
    A little more water
    A little more fruit & veg
    A little less sweets and crisps
    A little less caffiene
    A little less fizzy drinks
    A little less alcohol
    a little more exercise

And so on. The best part about this is that you can feel good about your efforts with the little things but wont be feeling bad if you have the occasional helping of birthday cake at work, or a little hot chocolate treat.

Even the littlest things like taking the stairs instead of the lift, or parking further away from a supermarket door.
    Gentle exercise like yoga makes you feel lovely and toned and de-stresses.

For the next wee while, you need to focus on a bit of pampering for yourself, as IVF can be tough going, and your hormones go a bit nuts. Best of luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Thanks Neyite . exercise isn't a problem I love it(I'm one of those ejits who enjoy running/walkin in all weather)
    I was really good on the diet part up until recently and I'm only thinking of going to a class to keep me eatin healthy . I start off every day as it great intentions but then think oh feck it . I want to get back to that feelin healthy in my body which I don't at the moment!
    I was thinkin of joining a class and explaining to the leader why I'm there that's it's not all about the scales.

Advertisement