Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Transfer Window ... boards.ie league

• 05-03-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭

Dont just jump in and vote ...I'm not suggesting a 4-5week transfer window where you can buy players and the rest of the season is off limits.

I'm proposing the transfer window runs from wk 1 to wk35-36 and then no transfers until the next season starts ... (I think any longer would take away from the GW)

This is provided it also stops short term loans also.

Reasoning behind this to make the season end fairer, no transfers / loans into clubs that have qualified for playoffs or competition finals ... the squad that got you to that point will have to see it through.

Should a wk1 to wk35/36 transfer window be intoduced 14 votes

YES - makes for fairer play-offs / cup finals
    0%
    NO - Sure all teams in the Post season comps can do it
    50%
    Iagotom_kGT_TDI_150Techniques07Rayne WooneyPeanut Butter JellyJamboMac 7 votes
    YES - but there are other issues we voted on that are more important to implement
    50%
    ctrl-alt-deleteLord TSCtupac_healyManzoor14Mr BlobbyTheGunnseireannBEAR 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

This bit me hard last season playing a strengthened team in the playoffs so I'll vote yes, but I haven't read into it and don't know whether it can be done or not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

This bit me hard last season playing a strengthened team in the playoffs so I'll vote yes, but I haven't read into it and don't know whether it can be done or not

I was in another GW where in Season 1 they had a window opening from wk10, so you would be able to do deals but the players dont arrive until wk10

thought it was a good idea, forced the mgrs to evaluate the squads and try get results with the squad that is at the club to start off with

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

I've always believed teams shouldn't be allowed to loan in just for playoffs. If you're players were good enough to make the playoffs, they should be good enough to play in them. If you get injuries or bans just before them then that's just the way football goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

I've always believed teams shouldn't be allowed to loan in just for playoffs. If you're players were good enough to make the playoffs, they should be good enough to play in them. If you get injuries or bans just before them then that's just the way football goes.

I'd be of the same opinion but I'll hold my vote till I hear other opinions :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

YES - but there are other issues we voted on that are more important to implement
    Being honest, I'm just completly against windows.

But then, 95% of the game for me is buying and selling and trading and scouting. So when windows are shut, I think I'd pretty much not have anything to do. I think such windows would simply lead to people picking their team and then logging off and not doing anything else...since there wouldn't be anything else to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

People can buy all they want, when they want for me.

However I don't like the idea of loaning in or out players just for the playoffs, for me it is bad form.

I am voting no though, as I would not like a window just to try outlaw that stage of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

Being honest, I'm just completly against windows.

But then, 95% of the game for me is buying and selling and trading and scouting. So when windows are shut, I think I'd pretty much not have anything to do. I think such windows would simply lead to people picking their team and then logging off and not doing anything else...since there wouldn't be anything else to do.

Yup, voted no for this exact reason!

I get the idea behind it, to condense the period in which clubs can actually do transfers to force clubs hands as such...

But it could backfire, I.e. if the bigger clubs that are satisfied with their squads are happy with there squads then an open/closed window will have zero value to them. But the clubs under pressure and trying to get those better players would just have to work within those time constraints...

It would awe a flurry of transfer activity when the windows open which is always entertaining though!!

All of the no arguments seem to be missing the fundamental point of it, that only 12 teams make the play offs, and 4 teams make the cup finals, and the transfer window is proposed to stop people selling players to strengthen teams in the playoffs and finals which happened a good bit last season

It seems fair, if you've made it to the playoffs and your opponent gets on to someone they're friendly with and says "please sell me X player so I can have a better chance of getting promoted" the person will be more inclined to sell.

I'd like to hear arguments against the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

This is only a 2-3 game week period where buying would be off btw...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

All of the no arguments seem to be missing the fundamental point of it, that only 12 teams make the play offs, and 4 teams make the cup finals, and the transfer window is proposed to stop people selling players to strengthen teams in the playoffs and finals which happened a good bit last season

It seems fair, if you've made it to the playoffs and your opponent gets on to someone they're friendly with and says "please sell me X player so I can have a better chance of getting promoted" the person will be more inclined to sell.

Transfers are happening all the time during the league which strengthen teams in various divisions. That option is open to everyone all season round.

It strikes me that what is proposed is to close the transfer window, basically, between seasons, starting just before the playoffs. The thing is if that's right, it would close the window on what was the busiest time of the last two seasons.

I don't agree, necessarily, with teams loaning in players or whatever, but the option is there for everyone and it's not against the rules. Closing the window would at most cater to 12 teams, chances are it would only positively affect a small portion of those 12 teams. if there was a way to ban transfers for just those teams, I'd be all for it, but I don't see the need to punish the entire game world with regards transfers just to stop something which is an option to all 12 teams.

If monitoring was on, btw, such deals would be easy enough to spot and get reversed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,258 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I have no problems with that, what is wrong with buying and selling players?

I just don't like it when the above happens when it is "please loan me X player so I can have a better chance of getting promoted"

Transfers are happening all the time during the league which strengthen teams in various divisions. That option is open to everyone all season round.

It strikes me that what is proposed is to close the transfer window, basically, between seasons, starting just before the playoffs. The thing is if that's right, it would close the window on what was the busiest time of the last two seasons.

I don't agree, necessarily, with teams loaning in players or whatever, but the option is there for everyone and it's not against the rules. Closing the window would at most cater to 12 teams, chances are it would only positively affect a small portion of those 12 teams. if there was a way to ban transfers for just those teams, I'd be all for it, but I don't see the need to punish the entire game world with regards transfers just to stop something which is an option to all 12 teams.

If monitoring was on, btw, such deals would be easy enough to spot and get reversed ;)

All of the other teams don't have games though and transfers can still be done but players won't arrive at the club until after the 2 week period of the window

It doesn't make any difference to the other 68 teams in the GW, just those playing games in the playoffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I was very surprised that transfers are allowed for the playoffs. The loaning clubs don't have matches so have no reason not to loan their mates some players to get them promoted. It definitely shouldn't be allowed and wouldn't adversely impact the rest of us at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

I don't think a TB for two weeks to prevent this happening is neccessarily a bad thing, although it does mean punishing the many for the sins of the few - which I don't agree with at all

Advertisement