Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need to remove 5 big tree stumps in clarecastle

• 06-03-2014 12:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭

Is there anywhere in Clare or elsewhere that has the facility or know how to remove 5 tree stumps. tree surgeon not interested.

Old conifers that had to come down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

I dug out four tree stumps a few years back and to be honest its a slog to remove them manually. :D

I would advise against pulling them out with a tractor as conifers tend to have long flat roots and you could easily rip up pavement, underground piping etc.

Last year we built an extension to the house and we had to remove two conifers in the process.

This time after felling the trees we got a guy to remove the stumps with a grinder.

Its not cheap but the grinder can save you a lot of work.

Unfortunately I don't know anybody in Clare that does this type of work.

Be sure that the stump is cut as near to the ground level as possible before you get in quotes for the grinder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,529 ✭✭✭swoofer

Can you remember the name of the grinder company??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Brennans Row

Sorry swoofer it would be no help to you, as I’m working / living outside the country at the moment and therefore so is the guy who I got to grind the tree stumps too.

no problem and thanks again. I have found 2 companies online, one is called STUMPBUSTERS so will get a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

swoofer wrote: »
    no problem and thanks again. I have found 2 companies online, one is called STUMPBUSTERS so will get a quote.

Get a quote from Michael Fahey Tree Surgeon of Thurles.. Tel 050 444 541. He does quite a lot of work for Clare Co. Council.

• Advertisement

top man, rang him and he is in ennis tomorrow so will call to see and give a quote! best bit of news I have had this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Bastard of a job. I tried to do this manually before, I spent 2 days digging and chopping and even blunted the chainsaw blades on 2 occasions. It's not really worth the blisters, with the amount of work that goes into it though it should be a doddle for someone with the experience and the right tools for the job.

grinder is the way to go but with the storm getting someone is the problem. stumpbusters have replied and price is very good. michael did not show but he did ring to say why.

an update, I used stumpbusters ie and the guy was brilliant, highly recommend him.

Advertisement