Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

asics GT 2000

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has feeback on these compared to the GT2160 range.

I've gone through 4 pairs of the 2160 and never had a bother with them. Cant get them anymore and didnt get the 2170 shoe as I bought 2 pairs of the 2160 in kildare village last time. I can get the GT 2000 online for 80 euro but had read somewhere that they were quite different feel to the older 2160 shoe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

tomred1N wrote: »
    Hi there,

I've gone through 4 pairs of the 2160 and never had a bother with them. Cant get them anymore and didnt get the 2170 shoe as I bought 2 pairs of the 2160 in kildare village last time. I can get the GT 2000 online for 80 euro but had read somewhere that they were quite different feel to the older 2160 shoe.

Had both 2160's and 2170's, moved to DS racers and DS trainers. The ds trainers 19 are a nice shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Hi there,

Moved from 2160's to 2170's with no issue and found them to be reasonably similar. However when I graduated from 2170s to the GT2000's ended up injured - completely different runner to the 2170's - ended up replacing the GT2000's with GT3000's after about 50 miles. GT2000's still sitting at the back of a press at home. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

I tried the GT2000 on in the shop felt they are not anywhere near the same shoe as the GT2160/70.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The 2000 is a good bit lighter than the 2170, and I found it less supportive. I loved the 2170, but I'm back to (last year's) Kayano now because I do need that support.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

rom wrote: »
    Had both 2160's and 2170's, moved to DS racers and DS trainers. The ds trainers 19 are a nice shoe.

I had a few pairs of 2160's which I still use a bit but any new ones have been the DS Trainers. As I try to get them cheap haven't made it to the 19's yet but have a shiny new pair of 18's in a box at home for use later this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭tomred1N

opus wrote: »
    I had a few pairs of 2160's which I still use a bit but any new ones have been the DS Trainers. As I try to get them cheap haven't made it to the 19's yet but have a shiny new pair of 18's in a box at home for use later this year.

Think ill skip the gt 2000 and try the 2170 if they still have them in kildare vilage next time I pass there. Might see if they have the ds trainer 18. Never tried them and but seem well reviewed. Last years fashion does me fine if it keeps the price down

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Dukie

I've gone through 2 pairs of 2160's & 4 pairs of 2170's without any issues. Decided to go with the 2000's before Dublin last year & although I'm after picking up a couple of hamstring injuries I dont think I'll blame the runners.

What I have noticed though is that the 2000's have worn out a lot sooner than the old 2170's. I was getting ~ 450 - 500 miles out of them but my last pair of 2000's felt dead before I even hit the 400 mlile mark

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

I switched from GT 2170s to a pair of GT 2000s, and they're definitely not the same shoe. Haven't had any problems in them thus far, but I haven't put them under anything like the pressure I put my 2170s under.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

From reading reports on the new GT2000 v2 runners I decided to buy a pair as I have previously owned GT2160. Got a pair on wiggle for €66 yesterday, which is a savage deal.

boydkev wrote: »
    From reading reports on the new GT2000 v2 runners I decided to buy a pair as I have previously owned GT2160. Got a pair on wiggle for €66 yesterday, which is a savage deal.

Cheers for the heads up. At that price I ordered a pair as well . Can use them for walking if all else fails . Kildare village were out of size 10 2170's. 91 euro as well ....their outlet pricing is not like it was before .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭munkee

boydkev wrote: »

That's a serious discount for a brand new shoe. Makes me wonder if have they have had problems with that particular model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I got a pair of GT-2170's in Kildare Village a few weeks ago Tom. I absolutely love them.

Beef wrote: »
    I got a pair of GT-2170's in Kildare Village a few weeks ago Tom. I absolutely love them.

Cheers Beef,

I have worn nothing else but asiscs with years even when I was only using them to keep out of nightclubs!

I will be pasing Kildare again over next few weeks so will try again for the 2170. Will definatley need them for my next marathon attempt so I might get a pair for storage too as the GT2000 definatley feel different. I nearly bought them in lifestyle last week for 130 euro such is the feeling i get off the roads lately from my current one's.

reading ur log you look in good shape for manchester. Don't underestimate the rest ....less is more now i'd say. its one of the things I remembered from last year, Twice I erred on the side of less for taper when i was feeling anyway tired/niggles......its easier to justify too in ur head when you have the work done ....u have..... and on marathon day i was like I got new batteries .....just make sure to order duracells from your brain .....that bunny will get tired !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Cheers for the heads up. At that price I ordered a pair as well . Can use them for walking if all else fails . Kildare village were out of size 10 2170's. 91 euro as well ....their outlet pricing is not like it was before .
    I got these delivered today for €66,checked the wiggle website now and they are €99 so maybe it was a mistake:)

Advertisement