Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH CENSORSHIP

• 06-03-2014 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭

Seemingly 7 scenes have been cut out of the new South Park game in Europe (I presume that means us?)

They've replaced the scenes with a pause on this:

south-park-stick-of-trut-h-censorship-650x0.jpg

The 7 banned scenes are here:

I feel like i'm 10 and not allowed to do something:( Boo our Euro overlords:mad:

What ye all make of the censorship?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Epic1337

Sucks the fact when you pay for the games content you dont get the games content!!! And its south park of all games its expected to be this raw!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea it's a stones, maybe time to leave Europe this kind of thing is only going the one way.
    I wonder would the US version work over here if you had the disc?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I don't think the US disks will work here on the 360, apparently they do for the PS3 though.

It's not censored on PC either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Epic1337

Ive it on my PS3 yet to play it will be cracking if its not there I have seen a lot worse and am an adult can handle south parks banter!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

if the above is anything to go by, then the Australian version of the game is going to be cut to around ten minutes of playtime.

Anyway, can't people not just buy the American game off Amazon and play it?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tony EH wrote: »
    if the above is anything to go by, then the Australian version of the game is going to be cut to around ten minutes of playtime.

Anyway, can't people not just buy the American game off Amazon and play it?

On videogameplus.ca there's a warning on the xbox version saying you need a NTSC-US console but there's no such warning on the PS3 version.

It was the publisher Ubisoft who opted to remove the content and not some censor. The decision seems to have been made so as not to have to print different versions of the game for different countrues. It sucks but they were upfront about it and its easy enough to get an uncensored version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On videogameplus.ca there's a warning on the xbox version saying you need a NTSC-US console but there's no such warning on the PS3 version.

I've bought US disks before and never had an issue. Now, I know that that's not an absolute, just my xp so far.

Anyway, I'll check before I buy in any case.

Either way, it's an absurd piece of censorship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Tony EH wrote: »
    I've bought US disks before and never had an issue. Now, I know that that's not an absolute, just my xp so far.

Anyway, I'll check before I buy in any case.

Either way, it's an absurd piece of censorship.

Some Xbox 360 games are region free but far from all.

The PS3 is region free.

And for this game specifically, play-asia is saying the US version is not region free but the Asian version is. So check to see if it is censored or not I guess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

It's hilarious that this got censored but incredible scenes of gore and violence in some FPS are fine!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    It's hilarious that this got censored but incredible scenes of gore and violence in some FPS are fine!

It didn't get censored. The publisher decided to remove content, most likely so as not to have to produce different versions of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It didn't get censored. The publisher decided to remove content, most likely so as not to have to produce different versions of the game.

They will have to make a different version anyway because they forgot to remove the swastikas and now it's been delayed in Germany and Austria :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,322 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Africa, Middle East and Australia all get the censored version as well.

Has anyone found out about the Asian version? Anyone got one on the way from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

I can't believe that
    the part where you need to kill the Nazi Zombie aborted feotus of khloe kardasian wasnt on the list

Advertisement