Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 7 games and footy show

• 06-03-2014 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Well lads, is it possible to get this in Ireland? I hate fox footy presenters and reckon channel 7 do a better job of it. Love to get the footy show to. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Well lads, is it possible to get this in Ireland? I hate fox footy presenters and reckon channel 7 do a better job of it. Love to get the footy show to. Thanks

Can't stand channel 7, adds everywhere. I love the magazine shows on Fox Footy, AFL 360 and the couch. There is a severe lack of decent commentators in the AFL world though.

A torrent website is probably your best bet for that one. Can you access the replay function on the AFL website in Ireland? Could use that for the games. I don't know whether they use the Fox Footy or Ch7 broadcast for that though.

Do Ch7 have an online player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Mad4simmental

Ya the adds drive me mad to, oul Basil Zempilas has growen in me a bit and Sam Newman on the footy show is good to. Only thing that annoys me about fox footy is Eddie McGuire with his one sided presenting anything
    Collingwood. Must see if I can streem channel 7. By the way go freo!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Most of the games shown here on ESPN are through the Channel 7 and Nine broadcasts. some of the games, that I assume in Australia are only of Fox sports anyway, are shown through that broadcast. I'm nearly sure that the online live streaming through the official AFLTV site are also through 7 and nine.

btw, Go Eagles!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Any idea if TG4 are showing highlights this year?
    The afl site does have live radio streams.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

You can pay for access to all the games and highlights on the AFL website. Can't remember how much it is but I found pretty good when I subscribed a couple of years ago.

I find the Fox coverage very good in general although when you're covering every game there's going to be a few dud commentators.

• Advertisement

Last nights footy show Sam Newman made a bet with Dane swan if collingwood make top 8 he is going to tattoo swans innishels to his ass. Was very good.

As I say every year.

I can provide an invite to an invite only torrent site for anyone interested.

Every game, and every related programme is uploaded.
    No spoilers are added to the game videos or allowed around the site.
    Most videos would have the ads pre cut out too for convenience.

The rules of the site are very straight forward: No leeching without seeding in return, but even if the vids aren't uploaded from you, you receive 1 point an hour for every open torrent which can be exchanged for ''upload'' data.

If anyone's interested drop me a PM.
    It's a great site, has everything you'd want as an AFL fan, even old games from years ago are knocking around.
    I've been using it for a few years now, not sure what I'd do without it at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

The NRL version of The Footy Show is shown in Ireland on Setanta Sports 1, so in theory Channel Nine may also make the AFL version available for overseas sales. But I suspect BT aren't so in interested in acquiring it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Hi Lads

Is there any way of watching the footly show from Ireland? I tried using Hola Better Internet and watch it on the afl footy show player but not working for me!

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    Hi Lads

Is there any way of watching the footly show from Ireland? I tried using Hola Better Internet and watch it on the afl footy show player but not working for me!

Love to see it to. I might try email them and see if I can get an answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Loopylaa

I can provide an invite to an invite only torrent site for anyone interested.

Every game, and every related programme is uploaded.
    No spoilers are added to the game videos or allowed around the site.
    Most videos would have the ads pre cut out too for convenience.

The rules of the site are very straight forward: No leeching without seeding in return, but even if the vids aren't uploaded from you, you receive 1 point an hour for every open torrent which can be exchanged for ''upload'' data.

If anyone's interested drop me a PM.
    It's a great site, has everything you'd want as an AFL fan, even old games from years ago are knocking around.
    I've been using it for a few years now, not sure what I'd do without it at this stage.

Advertisement