Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High volume of break ins around Carlow recently

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:31am

Just letting people know to be extra vigilant as there seems to be a lot of residential break ins around Carlow lately. It seems some group are going around targeting houses.

Three houses around my area have been broken into in the last few weeks with a fourth attempted break in only a few days ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Which area?

Blacknight wrote: »
    Which area?

As this is a public forum I do not wish to start naming particular areas. I just wanted to advise people to be extra vigilant especially if you notice any vehicles in your neighbourhood that you do not recognise.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Why not? No harm in saying "Carlow town?"or wherever?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Cobs

Well there have a been some in the Brownshill area last week and people should be on the lookout for strange cars or vans in your area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

A van and tools stolen from back of a house in Ballon 2 weeks ago if that helps people keep an eye out around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭fits

What is being targetted? I can't think of anything in my house that can easily be sold on....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

fits wrote: »
    What is being targetted? I can't think of anything in my house that can easily be sold on....
    Unfortunately I doubt burglars know what you have until they get in and snoop around. Most households will have something saleable such as small electronics (Bluray player, sat box, mobile phones, ipad/tablet) or cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Zeppi

my neighbour got burgled yesterday in Tullow at 4.30pm.

Advertisement