Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3000m training

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey I was just wondering if i could get some pretty hard 3000m workouts and training programs. Iam a sophmore in highschool and I would like to do well in the 3000m (sub 9:20). I a male, my mpw is 40 miles, i do 7k long runs on sunday, I run 6 days a week. My pr's are:

100m: 13
    200m: 27
    400m: 58
    800m: 2:15
    1km: 2:48
    1mile: 4:50

And i usually do core 3-4 times a week. I was working hard over the summer for xc and was in really good shape and did better than I thought I would and I hope to do the same thing in 3000m.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I assume that 1km time is a typo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Welcome to the forum. Just looking at the info giving. 7k long run on a 40m week is this right?

Looking at your times your strength is one of you biggest issues which probably needs to be addressed. My advice is probably that you are running to many times for the mileage you are doing during the week and would probably be better off by running your mileage over 5 days rather than 6

The thread that Ray has listed is a decent one to get started with as well as this one

In terms of the training I would advise not to look at the sessions in isolation but rather how they fit into a training plan. Each session is just one piece of the puzzle and its how you put them together that determines how successful the training will be.

I am also assuming you are American given the high school class system named also. Would your high school coach not be able to offer some insight? I would recommend trying to get a coach on board to monitor your training and give you opinion as doing up your own training can be hard enough to do at any age but when we are younger we tend to want to see results straight away (I know I did in the past and ended up running my sessions to hard and despite seeing improvements I have learned since that I was not getting the best out of my training)

Advertisement