Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rebuilding old lego sets

• 06-03-2014 5:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Stumbled across this board lurking around boards and it reminded me of something I wanted to do in back of my mind.

Iv a huge box filled with all my old lego from when I was a kid out in my garden shed... It's pretty much all early Star Wars lego I got when I was like 10 or 11 and forgotten about.

Recently I started thinking about going through the box and rebuilding some of the old sets myself just for something to do but then I remembered few setbacks to this:

i) lack of instructions
    ii) potential loss of pieces over time

From what I can remember, it was over 14 years ago since iv looked at these, iv a few big-ish sets in the box.

Mos Espa pod racer set
    Land speeder set from episode IV x2
    Gungan sub (surprised I remembered that)
    And then I think one or two small ones...

I'm just curious if anyone knows if it's possible for me to rebuild these sets? Is it worth while or will parts be hard to come by because of its age?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

crowther15 wrote: »
    Stumbled across this board lurking around boards and it reminded me of something I wanted to do in back of my mind.

Iv a huge box filled with all my old lego from when I was a kid out in my garden shed... It's pretty much all early Star Wars lego I got when I was like 10 or 11 and forgotten about.

Recently I started thinking about going through the box and rebuilding some of the old sets myself just for something to do but then I remembered few setbacks to this:

i) lack of instructions
    ii) potential loss of pieces over time

From what I can remember, it was over 14 years ago since iv looked at these, iv a few big-ish sets in the box.

Mos Espa pod racer set
    Land speeder set from episode IV x2
    Gungan sub (surprised I remembered that)
    And then I think one or two small ones...

I'm just curious if anyone knows if it's possible for me to rebuild these sets? Is it worth while or will parts be hard to come by because of its age?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

If you check out the Lego site they have build instructions. If they don't, some other Lego fan sites might.

I'm not sure how far back this goes but any Lego set I have has an inventory of pieces in the back of instructions. You could sort it, compare it & order the bits you're missing on the pick-a-brick function.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

If you can at all, try find the set number. This may entail a lengthy google image search but you'll get the set number eventually. The lego website has all the instructions for the sets and you enter the number to get the instructions you want in pdf format. You dont have to print them, just have the pc or laptop running while you build.
    I've done that with a few sets my kid wanted. We have so much lego here i figured we could build a lot of sets with only a few workarounds due to oddball pieces.
    If you have pieces missing then either bricklink or brickowl will have what you want. Just search for the part number given on the back of the instructions. I've used both websites and recommend them highly. Postage varies from wtf to very reasonable so watch that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Use this link to see if there are any sets that look familiar http://brickset.com/sets/theme-Star-Wars. If you can't find the set you can search by pieces and then see the sets that piece contains.

If you click into a set you can see the inventory, but it's not always complete, you are much better off using bricklink.com. You can use the set numbers you find on Brickset to list out the inventory of the set. The way I do it is add the parts from a set onto a wanted list and as I find the pieces I need I delete them from the wanted list. This way you have a list of parts that are missing and can use the bricklink marketplace to buy them, there is a how to guide if you search this forum that will show you how to use bricklink.

I usually sort the pieces into colour piles, I find it makes it easier to sort.

Once you have everything sorted then get the instructions and start building

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Advertisement