Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Me too! And I'm sorry ladies but I haven't stopped getting sick since 6pm last night. I can't even keep water down :(

Poor you, keep taking sips of anything so u don't get dehydrated. I was sick the morning I went into labour with my 3rd. If nothing happens but you're still sick I'd get on to the gp or the hospital just because the water is not staying down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

cbyrd wrote: »
    Poor you, keep taking sips of anything so u don't get dehydrated. I was sick the morning I went into labour with my 3rd. If nothing happens but you're still sick I'd get on to the gp or the hospital just because the water is not staying down

Went to gp and was sent into hosp with a letter! On a drip for dehydration & baby being monitored! All seems good though, thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Me too! And I'm sorry ladies but I haven't stopped getting sick since 6pm last night. I can't even keep water down :(
    Was really sick all fri night too so was convinced the weekend was going to bring me my baby but no :( Google is a bad thing... 24 to 48 hours to labour it promised me but no just 12 hrs of vomiting (which was hugely painful on my tummy) and then nothing... Can hardly walk the baby is so low now - surely not long????!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Sounds horrible, hope you all feel better soon x

I'm 36.5 weeks with gestational diabetes so had been having fortnightly appointments. Weekly from now on in though. They're inducing me at 39 weeks, as they expect my pancreas activity to be too poor by that point. Got my induction date yesterday, Sat 15 Nov. kinda scary having a finish line so close now. Her estimated weight is currently 6lb based on her measurements so all grand on that front. Right between the preferred lines on the graph.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

Its NOVEMBER!!! :eek: not long now hopefully for most of us! I'm so sore all the time now between cramps, achiness and this monster child pressing against my pelvis! Just want him out now.... I'm not able to do anything anymore! I get so breathless and light headed from doing the smallest things its so annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

natty_asha wrote: »
    Its NOVEMBER!!! :eek: not long now hopefully for most of us! I'm so sore all the time now between cramps, achiness and this monster child pressing against my pelvis! Just want him out now.... I'm not able to do anything anymore! I get so breathless and light headed from doing the smallest things its so annoying!

Can't believe it's finally November, It's great!
    9 days left for me at the most!
    Like yourself I'm getting lots of pains and aches and every night I'm convinced I'm going into labour! At least the end is in sight now :-)

Happy November ladies!

Long awaited NOVEMBER!! This will be the longest few days of your life ladies so if you have any energy left keep busy. I'm knocked out tired by 4pm the last couple of days but with 4 needing attention I don't get too much sitting down.

The GP said I'm measuring 40+ weeks and got my hopes up by saying 'put your bags in the car this one is cooked' unfortunately my babies get comfy, he said he'd be surprised if I'm allowed go beyond next Sunday.. With all of them saying 'big baby, higher risks of complications, stillbirth, count movements!' My head is melted now and I just want her out safe.
    He's a great GP and has a sense of humour, he was joking about ways to get labour started and said 'sex and curry, ' and winked at my parner, 'so seeing as curry will kill you, I'm prescribing sex!' :D my partner gave him the thumbs up :eek: men. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

Good luck to all it's so exciting to see the end in sight. I'm being induced Wed unless things happen before then so fingers crossed.

margo321 wrote: »
    Good luck to all it's so exciting to see the end in sight. I'm being induced Wed unless things happen before then so fingers crossed.

Good luck for Wednesday, Hopefully things will move along quickly for you!

Due date tomorrow and am definitely ready for it. Can hardly sleep, eat or walk between the various aches and pains. Also I keep stressing about how much holidays & maternity leave I've used already and am guilting myself with the thoughts that at this rate I'll be putting an 8 mth old into crèche while my first was nearly a year old 😢 stupid worries really I know- think it's just part of my impatience and my emotions are all over the place the last 2 weeks. Don't remember this from last time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

2 days over and definitely have had enough now!! Good luck to all who have inductions scheduled this week :-)

Baby girl born 4 Nov. 9lbs on the button! All smitten here

Julo12 wrote: »

Congratulations on your little girl!
    Such a great feeling when it's all over!
    My last appointment at my diabetic clinic today before my section on Monday.......Thank god!!!

Congratulations, enjoy every moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Congratulations Julo. Hope you are both well

Congrats Julo, enjoy all the cuddles!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Congrats Julo! Delighted to hear of November babies arriving.

So happy November is finally here, even though I still have just over 3 weeks left. I can't wait to finish work and put my feet up for a while. Seems like there aren't enough hours in the day to try and get things ready, and i'm wrecked by about 4pm every day.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

Congrats Julo, very exciting to hear babies arriving! Induction date for next Tue, when I'll be 11 days over. Doesn't look like anything is going to happen anytime soon :-(

Huge congratulations Julo12 and welcome to the world little one! ;)
    so jealous though :eek::D

• Advertisement

Baby Alex arrived today 13 days early, all 8lb 11oz of him! He's doing great, already latched on 3 times so don't know how I'm gonna keep him fed! Bit touch and go all day with bleeding before and after delivery and then fever post natal but all good now. Everything has settled down thankfully, and he's gorgeous!

Baby Alex arrived today 13 days early, all 8lb 11oz of him! He's doing great, already latched on 3 times so don't know how I'm gonna keep him fed! Bit touch and go all day with bleeding before and after delivery and then fever post natal but all good now. Everything has settled down thankfully, and he's gorgeous!

Congrats! Love the name-that was my favourite of our short list of 3 for the boy I thought i was having!
    Don't worry about the feeds-he will want little and often for at least the first 2 days... Not to scare you but this one pretty much didn't stop between 9 last night and 4 this morning!! Kicked my visitors out after 40 mins this eve as I was exhausted! Not that she'll sleep in her crib now anyway of course...
    If ur OH is there get him to hold him wind him and settle him while u sleep.
    Congrats again - it's all started now!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Congrats natty_asha. Love the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Congratulations natty, lovely name. And great weight for 2 weeks early!

Congratulations natty_asha
    That was some weight for 2 weeks early!
    Love his name :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Congratulations Natty! Best of luck with it all

Ah Congratulations natty_asha, welcome baby Alex!! So glad everything is good now.. enjoy him!!

I was hoping that I'd get a date yesterday but alas, no.. I have to wait another week!! :eek::mad::( I have an unfavourable cervix :pac: The first doc tried to do a sweep but couldn't so she was waiting for the consultant to come down to the clinic from the wards. She was giving me the 18th as a possible date for induction but wanted to check with him first.
    So when the consultant duly arrived to the clinic he wanted to do an internal to check for himself what to do regarding a date, and because he was about 7 foot 16 with hands like shovels he did the sweep. :o ouchies, my pubic bone for the rest of the day felt like it was broken!
    So i put myself into an epsom bath for about 2 hours and I'm grand today, needless to say the sweep didn't work, never worked for me before so wasn't expecting it too.
    So I'm no wiser, back next week and they'll check again, I was greatly reassured though that they don't want to induce me too early as they were concerned I'd only end up having a section. As I'm not on insulin and my long term bloods are down from 5.7 to 5.2 they said all is well with baby and see you next week... :rolleyes:
    They got my hopes up that she'd be out earlier but now I think I'll go back to my original 2 weeks over estimation!! :rolleyes:
    On the up side I lost another .8kgs :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Hey everyone,

Was originally in the October 2014 thread but went a week overdue and low and behold ended up giving birth to a beautiful baby girl on 5th November :-)

Labor went great and baby latching on well.

Baby of luck to everybody else and just remember that one last push will well be worth it :-)

Baby girl born wed nov 5th, she's just precious. So happy to have her here. Best of luck to everyone 😊

• Advertisement

Congrats mayo and Margo!

Advertisement