Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

margo321 wrote: »
    So far I'm having a healthy pregnancy but I'm 41. Yesterday I got two appointments for an anamoly scan 10 says apart. Is this normal does anyone know? I can only guess they want to see the development in the 10 days. The scan I had at 13 weeks was fine.

That seems strange, it sounds like they sent you out 2 appointments by accident! Usually if there is anything they are concerned about or cannot see with the scan they will just bring you back a few days later, Maybe give them a call and double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭margo321

lainycool wrote: »
    That seems strange, it sounds like they sent you out 2 appointments by accident! Usually if there is anything they are concerned about or cannot see with the scan they will just bring you back a few days later, Maybe give them a call and double check.
    Thanks, you're probably right.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

How's everyone coping with the heat :-) def not helping the energy levels here!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

How's everyone coping with the heat :-) def not helping the energy levels here!

I actually just noticed I'm really tired this morning it must be the heat but other than that I can't complain! Have started to feel baby now which is nice! I can't believe how quick it's going!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭speckledhen

lainycool wrote: »
    I actually just noticed I'm really tired this morning it must be the heat but other than that I can't complain! Have started to feel baby now which is nice! I can't believe how quick it's going!

Felt a few 'swishes' too, makes it much more real!

• Advertisement

The heat doesn't bother me too much but I just have to remind myself to drink more water. I'm 20 weeks now so half way there. I think I've felt the baby a few time but not sure :) my bump has arrived finally though. Hope all ladies are feeling well

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Finding the heat really tough with my tree trunk ankles appearing by the end of the day- and it's only week 20! Last time I only lost sight of my legs from about 35 wks... Felt a few flutters and the odd jab, thought I should have been feeling more so it's reassuring to hear others are roughly the same (I remember nothing from 2 yrs ago!) Have my scan on Friday so really looking fwd to it and fingers crossed everything is as it should be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I'm usually the first one out in my bikini soaking up the sun, but have been finding it far too hot. Can stand about 10 mins before getting all sweaty and uncomfortable. I've been feeling twinges, not 100% sure it's baby movements. Can't wait to feel the proper kicks.

Good luck on Friday Julo. Are you going to find out the gender?

I'm usually the first one out in my bikini soaking up the sun, but have been finding it far too hot. Can stand about 10 mins before getting all sweaty and uncomfortable. I've been feeling twinges, not 100% sure it's baby movements. Can't wait to feel the proper kicks.

Good luck on Friday Julo. Are you going to find out the gender?

Thanks! No, going to leave it as a surprise. Hubby is adamant he doesn't want to know and I'm pretty much of the same view (tho I could probably be convinced!) It's nice thinking you know what it is but then changing your mind. Last time I was 95 per cent sure it was a girl-and it was. This time I'm thinking boy but not as sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

heat hasn't bothered me too much yet, just a bit clammy at times. Tomorrow should be interesting though since I will be out of the house all day! Seen a heavily pregnant young lady today in short denim shorts and string top and she looked AMAZING!! I wish I could look that good and im not even half way! 18 weeks now and have felt some movements alright but very hit and miss still!

Going for a private anomaly scan in two weeks so fingers crossed everything is all good! Bit annoyed doc didnt refer me as it is. I've had bleeding a few times now and my placenta was in shocking condition on my last pregnancy. There was no record of this though in my file so Dr just dismissed it when I said it! Its a bit annoying considering the words of the midwife when she delivered it were "my god you were incredibly lucky to have a healthy baby"!!!

• Advertisement

Hope your scan went well. Did the give you any advise on your ankles? I've a scan July 7th.
    Julo12 wrote: »
    Finding the heat really tough with my tree trunk ankles appearing by the end of the day- and it's only week 20! Last time I only lost sight of my legs from about 35 wks... Felt a few flutters and the odd jab, thought I should have been feeling more so it's reassuring to hear others are roughly the same (I remember nothing from 2 yrs ago!) Have my scan on Friday so really looking fwd to it and fingers crossed everything is as it should be

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭painauchocolat

Re ankles (apologies for not quoting properly - I'm on my phone and trying to quote using it tends to induce serious rage!) I'm in the process of trying to sign up for pregnancy yoga. The spiel I read for the class was full of the benefits,including reducing chances of fluid retention in hands and ankles. Might be pure BS but hopefully it'll get me through the summer.

So far, I'm not finding it uncomfortable as such, but if I sit out for a few hours in the sun, or drive for a good while in a hot car, I find it really drains my energy. Thankfully I'm on holidays at the minute and don't have any kids apart from the one under construction so I can indulge myself and rest whenever I fancy it!

Hope everyone's keeping well x

margo321 wrote: »
    Hope your scan went well. Did the give you any advise on your ankles? I've a scan July 7th.
    Yes scan was great. All looks good and she reckoned we've got a lively one! Think it could be a girl now tho I'm crap at telling what I'm supposed to be looking at so I could have just missed it if it is a boy! Poor hubby in a house of girls (we already have one) but he has 4 sisters no brothers so should be well used to it!

Didn't mention ankles as it was purely a scan, no BP taken, no doc appt. May go see my gp next wk anyway to get BP check as having a cr@p time in work which is leading to trouble sleeping and my next consultant appt isn't til July 31 so want to talk to a doctor about it all b4 then. Hope everyone else keeping well and scans going ok?

Julo, I'm getting swollen ankles too. Must be the heat. Dare I say, I hope it cool downs soon!
    Congratulations on your scan. Are you just guessing it's a girl or the sonographer said something? I'm dying to find out by my bf doesn't want to know. I keep trying to bargain that we find out one and leave the other one for a surprise but he's still not budging!
    We have an appointment at the pre- term clinic on Monday. Has anyone been to that before? Wondering if the wait will be long and if we will get a mini scan?

Glad your scan went well. I have one swollen ankle. I would have thought they came in pairs :) I think this heat doesn't help. I don't know what a pre-term clinic is. We learn as we go with this process I'm finding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Only thing I know about swollen ankles is to raise those legs when youre sitting down girls! But it's Defo the heat, so drink water too. Last time I went up a whole shoe size :/

Julo, I'm getting swollen ankles too. Must be the heat. Dare I say, I hope it cool downs soon!
    Congratulations on your scan. Are you just guessing it's a girl or the sonographer said something? I'm dying to find out by my bf doesn't want to know. I keep trying to bargain that we find out one and leave the other one for a surprise but he's still not budging!
    We have an appointment at the pre- term clinic on Monday. Has anyone been to that before? Wondering if the wait will be long and if we will get a mini scan?
    Mainly guessing cos I didn't see anything! We asked her not to say anything and checked that she wouldn't be inputting the info. She said she knew tho as I asked at the end!
    Think I would want to find out sex if I was having twins-too many name combinations to argue over!
    Not sure what pre-term clinic is. Maybe it's if u are having multiples? I presume u have more appts? At Holles st I find they give u a quick scan at every appt anyway.

God, I think if the sonographer told me she knew I wouldn't be able to contain myself!
    The pre- term clinic is when they think you will go into labour earlier(I think). Would be great to get a scan.

Anyone making purchases yet? Made our first yesterday and the bug has bitten. I can't stop internet shopping now!

Edit: had a mini scan at appointment. Was sent to the fetal assessment as also having some pains in my side and Wowsers! The new fetal assessment unit is so nice and modern. Has anyone else been? Not sure if waiting times are still as long, hopefully not as am back in two weeks for anomoly scan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I found out a few weeks ago we're having a girl, all our other kids are now coming up with names..!! My 4 yo lad calls her Rebecca and this morning i was looking at the chicco co-sleeper online and he stands beside me and says 'but mam, Rebecca can sleep with me!' and i asked him would her crying not bother him he says 'no, I'd just to this' and he sticks his fingers in his ears!! :pac:

As for swollen anything.. its just my belly looking about 10 months pregnant til i bend over and then its just bloated yuckiness!! Felt a good bit of kicking and turning over .. about a week ago she went mental one night turning over.. it felt so weird this early !
    The heat thank go doesn't bother me at all :) Looking forward to a few days away in a fortnight..just can't wait til its a proper bump! Although I'm getting a few funny looks in the gym and a few people have congratulated me..!:D

Ah siblings can be so cute at times! I love the way they come up with some names. Some of the suggestions make me laugh though. My daughter has said she's going to teach the baby to play fetch. I think she's a bit confused.....

GP reckons I'm maybe up to two weeks further on than I thought which would be great! Seemingly my uterus is past my belly button already. Will know for definite next week at scan.

There's nothing worse than being at that stage where people can't tell if your carrying extra weight or pregnant! I passed that phase ages ago! I'm massive, someone asked me today if I was due soon! :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

natty_asha wrote: »
    Ah siblings can be so cute at times! I love the way they come up with some names. Some of the suggestions make me laugh though. My daughter has said she's going to teach the baby to play fetch. I think she's a bit confused.....

GP reckons I'm maybe up to two weeks further on than I thought which would be great! Seemingly my uterus is past my belly button already. Will know for definite next week at scan.

There's nothing worse than being at that stage where people can't tell if your carrying extra weight or pregnant! I passed that phase ages ago! I'm massive, someone asked me today if I was due soon! :O

I look like I'm due too! I've seen other women look like this when heavy pregnant. Not me though. I'll continue to multiply in size :rolleyes: Congrats on getting 2 weeks off your sentance :p
    cbyrd wrote: »
    I found out a few weeks ago we're having a girl, all our other kids are now coming up with names..!! My 4 yo lad calls her Rebecca and this morning i was looking at the chicco co-sleeper online and he stands beside me and says 'but mam, Rebecca can sleep with me!' and i asked him would her crying not bother him he says 'no, I'd just to this' and he sticks his fingers in his ears!! :pac:

As for swollen anything.. its just my belly looking about 10 months pregnant til i bend over and then its just bloated yuckiness!! Felt a good bit of kicking and turning over .. about a week ago she went mental one night turning over.. it felt so weird this early !
    The heat thank go doesn't bother me at all :) Looking forward to a few days away in a fortnight..just can't wait til its a proper bump! Although I'm getting a few funny looks in the gym and a few people have congratulated me..!:D

Rebecca is a lovely name!! Your little man is good at picking them, and so kind forgoing his nights sleeps :o How do you know if your babys turning over? Last weekend we felt a lot of pressing against my skin, like a fist, or foot, or bum, who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Hi All,
    I'm due at the end of Nov, 18 weeks today. The hospital I'm with doesn't offer an anomaly scan, so i was thinking of having one privately. A couple of people, including my GP have put me off the idea, as they say if there is anything wrong, nothing can be done and it will just result in stressful pregnancy. Does anyone have an opinion or advice? I'm in two minds over what to do.
    Thanks.

I think if it will put your mind at ease knowing nothing is wrong then what harm in getting it done? I can understand their point of view but I would look at it as a way of mentally preparing for baby's arrival if something was wrong.

I'm in the same boat as you, hospital doesn't offer anomaly scans so I'm getting one privately next week. I'm a low risk pregnancy and my first baby was perfect but I'm choosing to get this done to put my mind at ease as I had a few minor issues early in pregnancy.

I think if it will help you relax a bit more about the pregnancy then go for it, just bare in mind they are expensive, but I dont think you can put a cost on peace of mind!

I would be getting one done too if the hospital didn't offer it. But then again I'm still freaking out every other day, convinced something is wrong..., if you won't be getting any other scans between now and delivery it would be worth it. From what I've been told it's best to get it done as close to 22 weeks as they will be able to see everything they need. You can get them done for about €140

Thanks for the advice. I'll talk it over with the other half and see what he's feeling as well.
    I imagine i will go for it, for a look at the baby again if anything :)

Yeah it can be a long time between scans if there's no anomaly scan done. Is just nice to see baby every once in a while! I'm paying €200 for mine but I'm going to kilkenny as I live in carlow so it's closer for me. Dublin has better value if you can go there.

Whatever you choose I hope you have a healthy happy pregnancy and baby!

Thanks natty_asha, same to you.
    I live near Sligo and have a quote for €145, so not too bad.

I was offered the scan based on my age and the midwife said it's offered as standard in some places/countries as it's good to be prepared. Hope it will go well. I get mine July 7th.

Can I ask opinions as this is my first and I'm going to trade in my car. Is a lower or higher car easier for getting a car seat in and out of? I'm fairly tall too, 5 8. Thanks, I

quote="emmcc;91027565"]Thanks natty_asha, same to you.
    I live near Sligo and have a quote for €145, so not too bad.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 44 cailindeasciun

I would say a high car is better. I ended up with a really bad pelvis and back pain after the birth of my first child in 2012 and it is so much easier to get in her and out if the car seat in my honda crv than my old yarris as I'm not stooping down the whole time.

• Advertisement

Thanks I was thinking of an Astra but they're low down. Hope you don't have the same problem this time.
    I would say a high car is better. I ended up with a really bad pelvis and back pain after the birth of my first child in 2012 and it is so much easier to get in her and out if the car seat in my honda crv than my old yarris as I'm not stooping down the whole time.

Advertisement