Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due November 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Put a deposit on the Chicco Next2me cot on Monday.. :D Its €199 in Mothercare, I got it for €185 in a toy store in Castlebar! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Flipply, I feel like a whale..I keep thinking it's impossible to get any bigger but I keep growing! I can't put on shoes anymore, apart from the fact I've gone up one shoe size if I bend over I feel like I'm going to faint! I've been living in sandals.A lot of the maternity clothes I bought are even starting to feel tight around my tummy:( we are nearly there though! Meeting the little ones is what keeping me going!

We didn't find out gender and I kind of wish we did, but it's saving us a lot of money in buying girly or boy stuff like clothes etc. we are debating if we should ask at our next scan but tbh we are going to find out soon enough anyway!

I really feel like a giant whale now....I'm even more humongous than I was when I started complaining! I blame lack of activity! Anything I do makes my legs ache, and I've stopped sleeping! I tend to wake at 3am and that's it!!! 3 more months...oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Are they the co- sleeping cot Cbyrd? We got a normal cot and took one of the sides off it and fixed it to the bed. It seems to work well but obviously won't know for sure until babies are here! Would of loved a fancy co- sleeper but they were just out of our price range. I love to have the babies in the bed with us, but my boyfriend is very heavy and sleeps like a log so would be terrified he'd roll on top of them. It's happened to me far too often and it's nearly impossible to move him!

Flippyfloppy I am wide awake by 5 every morning and that's it for the day :( I've pretty much got used to though. Max 10 weeks left for me. I can't wait!!!!

It is the co sleeper yes, bigger than a moses basket and neater than a cot so I won't have to re-arrange the bedroom furniture, plus moving her out to her own room she'll be sharing with either her 2 big brothers or her 12 year old sister.. It gives me extra time to decide :D
    I have my 2nd appointment with the diabetic clinic tomorrow and a scan.. Can't wait to see her again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

cbyrd wrote: »
    Put a deposit on the Chicco Next2me cot on Monday.. :D Its €199 in Mothercare, I got it for €185 in a toy store in Castlebar! Delighted :)
    That's a great price for a co sleeper. We have a crib already but I spent a lot of all night feeding sessions researching co sleeper cots on my first in the thoughts it might help with my severe sleep problems! In the end I couldn't justify it as I couldn't find anything under 300 euro but I'm getting tempted again remembering how many times I cried after she woke up as soon as I'd try to transfer her to the crib! Someone described it to me recently as being a bomb disposal expert which I thought fitted perfectly lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Ten weeks!! That will fly in orchardspretty!!!

I got an Armsreach cosleeper last time! So will use it this time from beginning and see how it goes.

Thinking of all the different things we tried to get some sleep last time, Moses basket, rocking travel cot, cot with side off and co sleeper! The only thing that really worked even in the hospital was her being in bed with me! Little monkey!!

Had a growth scan yesterday as part of the diabetes thing.. (only good thing about it :D) She's looking great !! She's weighing in at 2lbs 14ozs head down and i got such a clear picture of her face !! Delighted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

cbyrd wrote: »
    Had a growth scan yesterday as part of the diabetes thing.. (only good thing about it :D) She's looking great !! She's weighing in at 2lbs 14ozs head down and i got such a clear picture of her face !! Delighted :)

Ah brilliant! How many weeks are you now?
    I had a scan the other day and at 28 weeks he is 2 lbs 2 oz

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭natty_asha

aww you lucky ladies! Its always great getting to see the little ones, especially this far along since they are getting so much closer to arriving!

I'm hoping for a sneak peek next wed at my clinic appt. I'm not due a scan but my placenta was low at my private scan i got done so going to mention it and hope to get a look in there! fingers crossed! :D I do have 3 hours to kill afterall since im gettin my GTT done then. Wouldnt be a bad way to pass the time!

lainycool wrote: »
    Ah brilliant! How many weeks are you now?
    I had a scan the other day and at 28 weeks he is 2 lbs 2 oz

I'm 28+3 now, I was bang on 28 weeks getting the scan done..

• Advertisement

got a quick peek at junior today! he is doing great and was proudly displaying his boy bits for all to see :eek: the little exhibitionist!!

more detailed scan in 4 weeks so cant wait! :D

Congrats on all the scans ladies. We were at our growth scan yesterday. So tempted to find sex out but resisted as we are nearly there!
    Baby 2 seems to have caught up with their monster tummy and is coming in at over 95 percentile for all measurements; and is weighing in at 3lb3oz and baby 1 is 2lb14oz. Have a feeling they are going to be big babies!

Congrats on all the scans ladies. We were at our growth scan yesterday. So tempted to find sex out but resisted as we are nearly there!
    Baby 2 seems to have caught up with their monster tummy and is coming in at over 95 percentile for all measurements; and is weighing in at 3lb3oz and baby 1 is 2lb14oz. Have a feeling they are going to be big babies!
    Congrats orchid! You must be getting tired now at this stage? A friend who had twins when I had my first said she was so exhausted she had none of the usual pregnancy sleep problems as she conked out!
    I can't find out the sex as I think I'd go mad buying more baby clothes if I did and I really don't need any! Was buying a pressie for a friends baby last wk & couldn't get over all the gorgeous stuff in m&s, mother care and boots. In the end I had to buy myself, ahem I mean baby, a supercute neutral snowsuit and some babygros in boots... After all second babies deserve 'some' new things too right??!

ended up in hospital this morning due to reduced fetal movement over 24hr period. Turned out everything was fine, baby was just hiding behind my placenta so couldn't feel an awful lot of his movements.

As a result I got quite a detailed scan today and baby is perfectly healthy! Got a bit of a shock though as he's currently weighing in at approx 3lb 9 oz at 29+2 weeks!! :eek:

Placenta is still low and he is currently breech so I have to go back at 34 weeks for another scan to check placenta and weight etc....

this could be a whopper!!!

How stressful natty. Glad things are ok. I very rarely feel baby 1 move due to their position. Can be worrying.

Great you were able to get a good scan, must be reassuring! Was your first a big baby?

yeah it can be scary at times. he has always stayed to the right since he has more room i assume, but yesterday I felt him roll and thats when he must have gone behind my placenta on the left. he'd have less room to move and I wouldnt feel it as much either because its like a cushion between me and baby.

First baby was 8lb 5 and she was a week early. they were that concerned at first about his size they automatically asked if I had been screened for diabetes but my bloods for that came back normal today. I just make big babies I guess!

I felt mine turn around from time to time, feels very strange!
    I am the same with the weights but don't have diabetes either. Must be winter babies wanting to be as chubby as they can get!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 emmcc

Very stressful natty_asha. I had the same at the start of the week, but a scan reassured me everything is ok. The doctor explained that the placenta is like a mattress, so it makes sense you wouldn't feel much. I had my GT test as well this week, haven't heard anything back, so assuming it was negative -fingers crossed!

I remember being told on my first that she would have a birth weight of between 7 and 8 lbs .. she was 5lbs 8 and a half ozs :D
    I'm so tired the last 2 days.. I've had a busy week. the house I'm renting is being sold, it went sale agreed last year and I was told because both buyer and seller are in Australia it'd be slow. I got word on friday that the buyers are home and wanted to view on Monday, so a weekend of deep cleaning commenced and it wasn't too bad cos the kids were at their dad's.
    So on Tuesday morning I was told that I was receiving my notice and I have to go househunting.. :( I have til Dec 22nd .. then between gym, early back to school mornings and an ice bucket challenge, I just came crashing down last night.. but my 2 year old had other ideas for my nights sleep.. he's just potty trained and he's dry most nights but i still put the dry nights on him, he woke crying at 1am 2 am and 3 am , eventually I copped that he might need the loo.. he did and settled back to sleep but then the neighbours son arrived home from his debs with 4 or so of his friends and stood chatting outside tll after 4am.. I nearly went mad.. eventually my OH had to go out and run them .. so sometime around 5 I fell asleep only for the alarm to go off at 7.15am..I can't wait til the clocks go back...:D
    Kids are in their dads tonight, but my other half is bringing his over... no lie in tomorrow :(

I felt mine turn around from time to time, feels very strange!
    I am the same with the weights but don't have diabetes either. Must be winter babies wanting to be as chubby as they can get!

It must be a winter baby thing alright! Plenty of insulation ;) My sister in law had twins in Nov a few years ago and they were both around 7lb! :eek: I'm assuming you won't go past a certain date? think my sis in law was 37 + 1.

He appears to have flipped back to the right side again during the night thankfully, so I'm getting plenty of kicks again! I just keep thinking of how cute chubby babies are so I dont get too worried about his size! I was told my first was going to be approx 7.5lbs but she wasn't! Either way it has to come out now so no point worrying about that!

God Cbyrd I'm exhausted just reading that! I hope you find something soon. I can only imagine how stressful the next few months could be for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Hi ladies

I'd held off posting in here as a good few people on Boards know who am in real life, but I've been lurking in the background, keeping up to date with other posts. I figured, now I'm 29 weeks there's no longer any secret to keep :)

First baby - girl - Due 22 Nov (although my first scan matches my own date of 20 Nov so I'm going by that instead)

I've had loads of scans etc as I'm a BRCA2 carrier which means I am considered high cancer risk. I actually had ovarian cancer in 2012 & lost my left ovary as a result. It's fair to say we're very excited about this baby, as my gynecologist recommends the removal of my right ovary before the cancer comes back (it's very much expected to make a reappearance sooner or later).

Pregnancy has been manageable so far. Rough few weeks at one point but I find it hard to complain about self-inflicted side effects. Baby has been very active for the last few weeks & the nudges have turned into right little jabs over the course of the last week or so.

Anyway, that's my story ... best of luck to us all (especially for labour :))

Julo12. : 2nd Nov - Holles St - surprise
    Speckledhen. : 2nd Nov, 1st time - surprise - Cork
    Flippyfloppy. : 3 Nov, Coombe, surprise!!! 2nd baby.
    lainycool : 11th November Coombe 2nd baby-boy
    Cbyrd. : 13th (probably 27th) November, 5th baby, planned, Drogheda
    lisad90 :nov 15th portiuncla . 1st baby very excited
    Orchidsrpretty : 17th- holles street- 1st babies- surprises.
    Natty_asha. : 18th - st Luke's Kilkenny - 2nd baby - boy
    painauchocolat: 20 Nov, Holles St., first pregnancy, surprise
    One ill cat. : Due 22 Nov First baby - girl
    Emmac. : 28th of November, Portiuncula. First pregnancy, surprise

Cbyrd even reading your post makes me exhausted! Hopefully you will find somewhere suitable soon.
    After you saying about reduced movements natty, mine have been the same. I have put off going into the hospital as it a 2 hour drive and I have appointment today anyway. I still feel them moving, just not as much.
    I had my first Brixton hicks contraction on Saturday night. Well that's what I think it was, my tummy went rock hard and it was really painful. I was sobbing with the pain. Don't think I'm going to do well in labour :)

Welcome one ill cat! Huge congratulations to you. I went through fertility treatments to get here so know how it feels to be in this position when all the odds were against you. It's such a great feeling! Hopefully the rest of your pregnancy will go smoothly for you.

I think they say that movements usually peak around week 28 and after that there is a reduction in movement but more definite kicks etc. I would imagine thats possibly whats been going on, still though it can be hard not to worry.

I hope your appointment went ok today and all is well.

Thanks natty, you are right! Both babies are running out of space and facing inward, so not going to feel them so much :( sometimes I get the feeling that one is pushing it's foot out of my bum! Gross I know.

Hospital was really busy today was waiting 2.5 hrs for my appointment. There was a pregnant girl and her boyfriend, rolling grass joints in the waiting room and then went outside to smoke it.
    Some people........

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weather we have lately and not suffering too much from the heat!

Its been an eventful few weeks here which ended up with me stuck in hospital for 3 days! Think I over did it on Friday, even though it was only some housework, a light 45 min walk and some baking! Anyway i ended up having to go to hospital at 5am sat morning due to a bleed. Was fairly scary and unexpected as I had no pain etc.

Was given steroids for babys lungs as doc was concerned it was pre term labour and kept in for observations. Baby was thankfully perfectly fine and is quite content to stay put for another while.

Thankfully I wasn't put on bedrest but just told to take it easy and be sensible! Its very frustrating all the same because all I want to do lately is get the house ready for our new arrival!

On a more positive note baby is now head down and doc doesn't think placenta is to low so all looks good for another natural birth :D The cramps from all the stretching at the bottom of my uterus due to baby having switched positions is excrutiating at times though! can hardly move at times!

Omg natty, you're sure having a time of it! Glad everything is ok now.
    I am the same as you, pretty much immobile at this stage. Walking up the stairs has me knocked for about 15-20mins. I've given up and spend most of my time in the couch. It's so frustrating not being able to do more, but we have to listen to our bodies I suppose.
    How are you finding resting with your other child? Is it difficult?

Great news also about bubs being head down. Not long left now!

This weather is just amazing, isn't it!. I'm not able to sit out but just looking out the window puts me in a good mood!

yeah im loving the weather lately. if only we could move our couches out into it! :D

My daughter is great. shes 6 so doesn't take too much minding to be fair to her. she gets the bus to and from school outside the estate so I dont have any school runs. once shes home she just plays with her friends outside the front of the house or in the gardens and just pops in when she wants to be fed! She's not one for wandering off or getting into trouble so I don't have to constantly watch her.

One thing I realised from my stay in hospital is that I have a load of stuff still to get for my hospital bag! I thought I was fairly organised but how wrong was I?!

have you much things left to organise? My sister is bringing me to IKEA next week to get some stuff so looking forward to that.

God Natty that must've been pretty scary. I had to go in at 29 weeks cos I was getting contractions+pain. Got the steroids too but it eased off after a really horrible scary night and so I was able go home after just the one night. I vowed then to get my finger out and get my bag ready but 4 weeks later I'm still thinking about it! I have finished up work now tho as decided to take some holidays and mat leave a week early. I've just been so knackered and generally unwell I figured I had to do it. Would've loved to be put on bed rest but my doc seems so suspicious she makes me feel like I am just trying to trick her into getting out of work!
    Might check out the aldi baby event 2mro for more stuff I prob don't need. Also hoping to pick up cotbed saw on done deal today... I've never bought anything using it before so bit nervous I'll come away with a dud!

• Advertisement

Oh god I don't even have my hospital bag packed or anything. I was advised to have it ready from 28 weeks but just can't seem to get myself motivated. Still have to get a few bits for it. Our nursery is 3/4 finished. My boyfriend had a burst of enegry and put the floor down and cut the skirting board.... That was over 2 weeks ago and nothing since. I've painted and wallpapered it and put together the furniture. There are still shelving for the walls and skirting to be finished. Will probably never be done. We are planning on co-sleeping so I suppose it's not so major, but would of liked everything finished.

That's great about your daughter natty, I'll bet she's so excited about becoming a high sister and getting stuck in helping you!

Gosh Julo, you've had a hard time too. How's everything now? You should be grand buying off donedeal just as long as you have a good look before you buy! Enjoy your maternity leave! Time is really flying by now!

I'm not entitled to maternity leave as I took a week off unpaid before going on Health and safety leave. According to social welfare I don't qualify under the condition I don't have a contiunious record of paying Prsi between working and going on h&s leave. I worked constantly for the last 12 years but that counts for nothing.... Such s joke. Still haven't figured out what I'm going to do...

Advertisement