Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is happening at convention centre?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭

AGS all along quay, and the divers van on opposite side?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

European People's Conference. I'm guessing there will be dignitaries there so the divers are to make sure there's nothing in the water.

http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=12813

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The Samuel Beckett bridge is closed in both directions, if anyone is planning on being down there any time soon. I bet the traffic is murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I was down there about half an hour ago. About 30 protesters blocking North Wall Quay and even preventing traffic from turning from NWQ onto Guild St.

Gardai allowing the protest presumably to avoid the usual calls (from the usual suspects) of police brutality.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I was down there about half an hour ago. About 30 protesters blocking North Wall Quay and even preventing traffic from turning from NWQ onto Guild St.

Gardai allowing the protest presumably to avoid the usual calls (from the usual suspects) of police brutality.

It's grand, the tugs are on the way to brake that gathering up :pac:

img_2995-630x332.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

One of the Klitschko brothers there, so I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

I've no problems with people protesting but i just can't understand why the Garda don't just keep them off the streets and on the path, 30 people causing traffic chaos it's a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭rameire

site16Camera136.jpg

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Ran by there earlier as its lovely to go for a run there when all the roads closed off, about 150-200 protesters and 150-200 gardai down there. The Gardai look bored solid but the protesters are about 100 yards away from the centre.

Advertisement