Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turners Cross Tavern

Options
  • 06-03-2014 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

Is this pub still open? I am going to the city match tomorrow night and have arranged to meet someone there first. I heard rumours it was closed down?
    I haven't been up around there for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Its still closed. But the Evergreen, Beer Garden and the Horseshoe will all be bouncing before the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

CHealy wrote: »
    Its still closed. But the Evergreen, Beer Garden and the Horseshoe will all be bouncing before the game.

Thanks. I hate the Horseshoe and I've never been in the Beer Garden. The Evergreen is a nice pub though.

lukin wrote: »
    Thanks. I hate the Horseshoe and I've never been in the Beer Garden. The Evergreen is a nice pub though.

If you've not been in the Beer Garden I'd recommend getting yourself in there, best pub in Turners Cross, if not Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

If you've not been in the Beer Garden I'd recommend getting yourself in there, best pub in Turners Cross, if not Cork.

It really is. There's no atmosphere in the Evergreen and the Mountain isn't frequented before the game. The Beer Garden is definitely the best spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

I'd recommend going to the Friars Walk or the Tory Top before a game.. If you have a family or if the weather is decent then the later is definitely a good option with all the outdoor area.

Either way, plenty of options for you

• Advertisement

OK I'll change it to the Beer Garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Who's running the Mountain now?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

I think the Beer Garden will be selling match tickets behind the bar, other places might be too. Will save you queuing at the ticket huts outside the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Cape Clear wrote: »

Muhammad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I actually find the beer garden completely soul less.

Afaik the TCT has been taken over and due to reopen soon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 38 jdawson

gimmick wrote: »

Every pub in the area will be buzzing tonight.

True. 3 points and it will be all the more.

D1stant wrote: »
    Muhammad

I walked into that one!

gimmick wrote: »

I'm not going against you cause every has their own opinion, but why do you think its soul less? For me its probably the most comfy, warm and atmospheric pubs I've been in.

jdawson wrote: »
    I think the Beer Garden will be selling match tickets behind the bar, other places might be too. Will save you queuing at the ticket huts outside the ground.

That would be dead handy.

I'm not going against you cause every has their own opinion, but why do you think its soul less? For me its probably the most comfy, warm and atmospheric pubs I've been in.

Just never took to the place. Too many nooks and crannies. Find the bar staff rude as well. Can be kinda rough as well.

That said I am a very set in my ways/opinions person so all of the above could be complete bunk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Don't like the beer garden either staff are not a bit pleasant and have time only for bar flys-rough enough spot also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

2 people who were involved in the ardmanning for years. Lovely bar now with a nice pint

Builders working here everyday any one know what's going in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Builders working here everyday any one know what's going in there?

Assuming it's a bar. Think I heard it might be Gately.

Will be handy for the City run in to the title. It's a shame the Horseshoe is still closed. It wasnt pretty but it was pure City matches.

• Advertisement

kcb wrote: »
    Assuming it's a bar. Think I heard it might be Gately.

Will be handy for the City run in to the title. It's a shame the Horseshoe is still closed. It wasnt pretty but it was pure City matches.

Gately's new place in Ballincollig seems to be doing very well heard he had previously pulled out of a deal for the TCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭emeo

Gately's new place in Ballincollig seems to be doing very well heard he had previously pulled out of a deal for the TCT.

It's gone. Everything cleared out last Friday morning wherever happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

emeo wrote: »
    It's gone. Everything cleared out last Friday morning wherever happened

of Ballincollig or Turners Cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

of Ballincollig or Turners Cross?
    Ballincollig. They seemed to be doing really well. Bar and restaurant were certainly very busy at weekends. I feel for the staff, who by all accounts were blindsided by the closure. :(

I certainly hope he's not involved in the TCT because he's left Suppliers owed money for services / work supplied to Ballincollig. :mad: Loads of comments (60+) left on the JD Gately FB page (including from a Supplier) have all been removed.... just like the furniture etc he removed at 6am last Friday week! Presumably this will be put in storage until his next venture.

Ballincollig. They seemed to be doing really well. Bar and restaurant were certainly very busy at weekends. I feel for the staff, who by all accounts were blindsided by the closure. :(

I certainly hope he's not involved in the TCT because he's left Suppliers owed money for services / work supplied to Ballincollig. :mad: Loads of comments (60+) left on the JD Gately FB page (including from a Supplier) have all been removed.... just like the furniture etc he removed at 6am last Friday week! Presumably this will be put in storage until his next venture.

Passed by on Monday night and the place looked closed which I thought was a bit odd but then again some restaurants do close on a Monday so I didn't make much of it. Pity because if it's one thing Ballincollig lacks it is restaurants and decent bars.

Looks like its opening soon. New signs saying bar and restaurant

Opening today before the City game by all accounts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

wahey

Opening today before the City game by all accounts.

Ya? Might go there so for pre match beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In for a couple on a local crawl Saturday night. Really liked it. Bright and spacious, love the bar in the middle of the room. Fairly packed it was too.

Advertisement