Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting tv to other devices

• 06-03-2014 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

Hi, just looking for a bit of advice. I have a 42" sony bravia tv and I want to connect my upc horizon box, samsung bluray player and a samsung soundbar to it. Could somebody tell me what devices do I connect to what. Also would it be best to connect everything using hdmi and do I need to use a hdmi cable and digital optical cable to connect up my soundbar. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Connect the Horizon box and Blu-Ray player to the TV using HDMI cables and connect the TV to the soundbar using an optical cable, assuming there are optical ports on both devices. You can then use the TV menus to mute the TV speakers.

Don't pay silly money for the HDMI cables, you should be able to buy 1.5m cables for around a tenner or less, the optical cables are about €14 in Harvey Norman and they're all much cheaper online. In both cases the data is digital so no amount of gold plating or other BS claims will make the signal any better.

Advertisement