Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overnight Parking in KK City

Options
  • 06-03-2014 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

I'm not sure if this is going to happen but I have heard rumblings this morning that there are plans to charge for overnight parking in KK City.
    Does anyone know if this is true?
    Living in Callan I have always found it handy that if we are going out on a Saturday night I could drive in, park the car up and get a taxi home, collecting the car the next day. Having to pay for overnight parking would potentially see this ruled out and would potentially reduce the amount country people go out in the City.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Complete rip-off if true, and will hit Kilkenny night life and business. Why would you bother head into town for a dinner?
    I doubt it myself as you can park in Dublin city centre free overnight, never mind Kilkenny. Cost more to enforce I would think vs revenue.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Down with that sort of thing. Really hope that is not true. I'm around the city centre most evening and can't see the need for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

road_high wrote: »
    Complete rip-off if true, and will hit Kilkenny night life and business. Why would you bother head into town for a dinner?
    I doubt it myself as you can park in Dublin city centre free overnight, never mind Kilkenny. Cost more to enforce I would think vs revenue.

Parking prices in KK are a rip off at the best of times, €1.60/hr daytime at the council car park at Dunnes :eek: Mc Donagh is cheaper than that.
    Compare that to €0.80/hr daytime/free overnight for council car parks in Carlow (which are usually full) where the main shopping centres have free parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Silverscott

I thought I read somewhere it was scrapped cause business owners gave out that business was bad enough without charging late night customers etc for parking that would otherwise keep them away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Parking prices in KK are a rip off at the best of times, €1.60/hr daytime at the council car park at Dunnes :eek: Mc Donagh is cheaper than that.
    Compare that to €0.80/hr daytime/free overnight for council car parks in Carlow (which are usually full) where the main shopping centres have free parking.

Is it not 1.30 an hour? Not saying its cheap but still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

PaulKK wrote: »
    Is it not 1.30 an hour? Not saying its cheap but still.
    My apologies, you are correct, on both points :).

Advertisement