Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employer refuses letter

Options
  • 06-03-2014 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi,

I am working for company on a zero hour contract. About 2 weeks ago I had a meeting with a manager that told me to look for other work as I would only be covering sick days, holidays and short staff periods. I have looked and found another job :) but I need a letter from all my employers in the last 5 years for a back round check. It is an airport security job and they need this. Since my meeting with my manager they tryed to put another employee on a zero hour contract and they left so at the moment they need me and I have full time hours but god knows how long that will last. I have gotten all my employment confirmation letters apart from this one from my current employer :mad: A manager fly's over from time to time for meetings but there is no one at base so it is all done threw emails. I have been emailing them for 6 days now and there just completely ignoring me. Im afraid im going to lose the job :( Is there anything I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

Afriend of mine couldnt supply an employers letter has employer left country when he lost his job, so he was told he needed a letter from Gardai/solicitor/doctor has a character reference, and it worked..many people have lost their jobs and have gaps in enployment on their cvs..best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If it's just confirmation of dates and job-title that you need, is there an HR person you could ask instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

I had a similar situation for a security job, so in the end I went to revenue and they gave me a letter with all the start and end times on it over a 10 year period. May be helpful as proof that you were in employment and are currently in employment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 purplerain1990

It was HR I was writing to. I finally got it :) thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 13 purplerain1990

does anyone know how i delete this thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

We don't delete threads as they may be of use to other people in a similar situation.

Advertisement