Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar IFSC: Female Sandwich Makers Needed. Sausages need not apply.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Dad: Well how did the interview at go?

Son: I didn't get it.

Dad: Well what kind of a c*nt were they looking for?

Son: A woman.

Dad: A bitch of a woman!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

In fairness to spar it is a franchise and while they have responsibility for shops using their brand it isn't like this is spar policy it is just a feckin eejit of an owner or manager. Be great for some male to go in a apply for it and see what they say to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭Seedy Arling

We should have a burn the jock strap protest outside that shop. I want my pendulous nads to swing unfettered by the female oppression of nut purses.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

FULL TIME DELI STAFF REQUIRED
    ENQUIRE WITHIN

WHITE PEOPLE ONLY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Where is the Facebook page so I can adequately express my outrage?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

I managed stores like that one for 20 years and I have to say, like it or not women are better in the deli than men (its a lot more than just makeing sandwich/rolls, hygiene and food safety regulations are 70% of the job), 99% of men I seen working in the deli hated it. Still a stupid f@ucking error on the manager to put a sign like that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭All Hail President Murphy

funny thing is there a lot of people on here taking this light-heartedly and making jokes. if it said men only there would be much more outrage and joking about it might even incur a ban or at the very least an infraction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

We should have a burn the jock strap protest outside that shop. I want my pendulous nads to swing unfettered by the female oppression of nut purses.

I wouldn't put my kacks anywhere near a naked flame today. Hazardous gases on board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,824 ✭✭✭Qualitymark

I can GUARANTEE you that if the sign said Men only, there would be uproar and then they would hire a female just to make themselves look good.

Or just because women are often paid less… ;)

It would be good fun to get a load of men dressed up in nice summer dresses and pretty shoes and handbags to go and line up and apply for the job.

Edit: Of course I mean a load of males.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Why are there so few male primary teachers and child minders .. because they are not interested in it as much as females.

Same applied for politics.

This means that the very few women who DO apply to politics will be guaranteed a job so as to satisfy the quotas.
    There is also a stigma about men around kids.......

The law profession is majority female although the people that run it are generally men because they are considerably older and now a lot of them can't retire after bad investments in the boom.

• Advertisement

Or just because women are often paid less… ;)

It would be good fun to get a load of men dressed up in nice summer dresses and pretty shoes and handbags to go and line up and apply for the job.

Edit: Of course I mean a load of males.

How are women paid less ?? minimum wage is minimum wage. Salary scales are universal within a business.

feminists are skewing statistics to make it look this way.

Women tend to take huge leaves of absences in comparison to their male counterparts which makes them lose seniority in comparison and hence be on the lower pay scale. If you too a man and a woman from the same company with the same qualifications and seniority they'd enjoy the same remuneration as each other... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

FTA69 wrote: »
    Which is b*llocks considering most chefs in professional kitchens are men and they all have to be trained in concepts of neatness in work and food hygiene.

You can't compare seasoned professionals to random schmucks who just want a few bob. He's right IMO, if I had to choose between an untrained lad or girl to be given 20 minutes training in roll-making to make me my roll/sandwiches you bet your ass I'd go for the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newport2

How are women paid less ?? minimum wage is minimum wage. Salary scales are universal within a business.

feminists are skewing statistics to make it look this way.

Women tend to take huge leaves of absences in comparison to their male counterparts which makes them lose seniority in comparison and hence be on the lower pay scale. If you too a man and a woman from the same company with the same qualifications and seniority they'd enjoy the same remuneration as each other... :confused:

Maybe not. Recent studies have suggested women without children earn more than their male counterparts.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-study-finds-gender-gap-in-irish-pay-women-without-children-earn-more-than-male-counterparts-184084061-237553991.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ClovenHoof

Probably the same types who are after the naked Fluoride girl.

http://youtu.be/J8Xgm1u_SF4

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

If a business had a male majority and needed to 'beef up' the female ratio, would the sign be acceptable then? is there a law in this country where a percentage of your workforce needs to be female / disabled / minority.

wanted: female Latino midget to work as a bouncer.

newport2 wrote: »
    Maybe not. Recent studies have suggested women without children earn more than their male counterparts.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/-study-finds-gender-gap-in-irish-pay-women-without-children-earn-more-than-male-counterparts-184084061-237553991.html

but suddenly it's not sexist.

So man earns more and the feminazis go mad

Women earn more ... and all men are sexist pigs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Why are there so few male primary teachers and child minders .. because they are not interested in it as much as females.

Same applied for politics.

This means that the very few women who DO apply to politics will be guaranteed a job so as to satisfy the quotas.

Yeah. Women are under-represented in politics and the higher economic positions because they're too busy crocheting or having babies is it? Patronising nonsense. Ironic that women are over-represented in universities but subsequently under-represented in business and the professions.

Yeah. Women are under-represented in politics and the higher economic positions because they're too busy crocheting or having babies is it? Patronising nonsense. Ironic that women are over-represented in universities but subsequently under-represented in business and the professions.

Because they mostly do arts whereas men tend to do Science, finance / business etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

If a business had a male majority and needed to 'beef up' the female ratio, would the sign be acceptable then? is there a law in this country where a percentage of your workforce needs to be female / disabled / minority.

wanted: female Latino midget to work as a bouncer.

Reminds me of an episode of Modern Family, where the two gay guys were trying to get their daughter into an exclusive pre-school. They thought they had it nailed because of the pre-school's social diversity policy as they were a homosexual couple, with an adopted daughter, from a country outside of the US and who wasn't caucasian.
    They were trumped by two lesbians with even more diverse backgrounds involved lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

And making hang sangidges don't forget!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,951 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Ironic that women are over-represented in universities but subsequently under-represented in business and the professions.

How is that ironic?

Women tend to go into education more so than men. Last time I checked, universities were institutes of education.

using your argument is it not sexist that men are under represented in education ?? should be bring in gender quotas for institutes of education and uni ??
    Would you be in favour of reduced points for men on cao?? or are you only in favour of schemes which help the "fairer" sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Because they mostly do arts whereas men tend to do Science, finance / business etc

Total ****.

http://www.iua.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IUS-04-2013-Gender-At-A-Glance.pdf

Page 9

Law - 70% Women
    Science - 65% Women
    Business - 59% Women
    Maths - 65% Women

So in other words, your notion that women are suited only to teaching/caring/arts etc is outdated and wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

(As a guy) I'm genuinely not too bothered by this. I don't really have a problem with people having an (sex/age/nationality) preference for a given position, even if it works against me.

I mean, I can honestly say I'm a little more likely to go to a restaurant that has good-looking female staff. If the management noticed that it were a common trend, and hence tried to hire more women, can you really blame them?

For me, it only becomes an issue were the discrimination goes so far that it starts becoming difficult to find any job. Not "I demand an equal chance to every single job".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Total ****.

Page 9

Law - 70% Women
    Science - 65% Women
    Business - 59% Women
    Maths - 65% Women

So in other words, your notion that women are suited only to teaching/caring/arts etc is outdated and wrong.
    Stop twisting every point made. He never said women are only suited to those jobs. He said they are the majority of the workforce. Which is true.
    Maybe they should have gender quotas enforced also :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

is the sign still up?

Total ****.

Page 9

Law - 70% Women
    Science - 65% Women
    Business - 59% Women
    Maths - 65% Women

using your argument is it not sexist that men are under represented in education ?? should be bring in gender quotas for institutes of education and uni ??
    Would you be in favour of reduced points for men on cao?? or are you only in favour of schemes which help the "fairer" sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Folks, there's already one thread in AH about equality of the sexes, so let this one stick to being about this specific case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭IrishEyes19

new is spreading fast lads, its up on 4fm's facebook now!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Women make smaller dainty sambo's, use less fillings so more profit for the owner

Men make sambo's to eat, stuffed to the gills with all the good stuff

Makes financial sense really :)

Is it not the case that they weigh the sandwiche when it's finished. So the more in it the higher the charge. The more profit.

Advertisement