Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar IFSC: Female Sandwich Makers Needed. Sausages need not apply.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭fundi

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    Do you agree with quotas for political positions?
    no. you cannot change the marketplace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Do you agree with quotas for political positions?

I don't agree with quotas (either towards men or women) in any positions. But I would strongly advocate an equal opportunity to apply!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Anyone wrote: »
    Well done, now loads of men will apply for a job they cant get.
    Exactly, the job will still only be given to a woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

I read a study recently(based in the USA) whereby men had no problem voting for women, it was actually women who had a bias against voting for other women

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

He should be allowed to hire whomever he wants... male or female

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

sopretty wrote: »
    I noticed today that the Danish PM is a lady also.

Yes, she was the one in the Mandela remembrance ceremony "selfie" story a while back - and she's married to Neil Kinnock's son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Got a nice sandwich made up a while ago and the feckin eejit cut it in half but not diagonally. :mad:

With a knife still covered in butter leaving a butter line along the cut. :mad::mad:

Of course being stereotypically Irish I said 'thanks', went and paid for it and then decided to complain afterwards on a website. :pac:

I just wanted to talk about sandwiches, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Seems like the Spar in Leopardstown could be doing the same, if this thread is genuine.

Here's the title.

And here's the reply from the OP

That shop is fairly close to my office, and I head up there for lunch the odd day.

The staff profile is:
    Owner - Irish guy in his 50s/60s.
    Manager - Eastern European guy
    Till staff and deli staff - Chinese girls.

Been working out here for 3 years now, manager hasn't changed but there been a good few staff come and go - always Chinese girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

blackwhite wrote: »
    That shop is fairly close to my office, and I head up there for lunch the odd day.

The staff profile is:

Been working out here for 3 years now, manager hasn't changed but there been a good few staff come and go - always Chinese girls.

20% of the worlds population is Chinese, it's hardly surprising is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

He should be allowed to hire whomever he wants... male or female
    And others should be able to say it's a load of discriminatory shyte, and that the language used is stupidly inflammatory.

What kind of idiot thought to put a sign up in public with that sentiment, let alone language.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The staff profile is:

Ahh so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

I believe, I know many will be outraged on this point, but I believe in a perfect ratio of bread to filling. A fleeting, subtle, mythical goldilocks transfusion of sandwiche ingredients working in perfect harmony for the betterment of the lazy, unprepared deli-bar-fly.
    I reject the eternal upward graph of additional ingredients to refreshment.

Also maybe as a society we have been too slow and apprehensive to embrace the triple decker sandwiche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Gokei

Rang them there for the craic saying I was a researcher with rte and would they like to comment before it goes out on six one.

They hung up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

Gokei wrote: »
    Rang them there for the craic saying I was a researcher with rte and would they like to comment before it goes out on six one.

They hung up!

"The store was unavailable for comment"

GenieOz wrote: »
    "The store was unavailable for comment"

I think the usual line is that they 'declined to comment'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 892 ✭✭✭GenieOz

sopretty wrote: »
    I think the usual line is that they 'declined to comment'.

Ah you're right too, I knew it was along those lines!

Goes to show you though, the speed and power of social media! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Happy ending eh? Very Hollywood.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,471 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Sure that's nothing - 13% of Irish women are TDs apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

that's why me and the wife stopped having kids at number 4, we just didn't want to take a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I'll take it that you're a woman and take sexism against men lightly then.

actually no I am a man and if you see my earlier comments at the start you'll see what I think of the ad

but I am not a shoot first and ask questions later kinda guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

I think it would be an interesting experiment now for a middle aged, white, Irish man to dress up as a chinese woman and go into the shop and apply for the job. The results would be very telling. To fool the shopkeeper the applicant could pull their eyes wide and speak in a high tone, girl voice with east asian rhythm. On getting the job, and while being secretly filmed the applicant could reveal themselves demanding of the shopkeeper if they still had the job. And results on youtube. That'll be the sorting of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

wilser wrote: »
    Well the last place I worked had to sack the deli lad cos he was putting his Mickey into the meat slicer.
    but tbf they sacked her as well....

BOOM!!!!
    wilser wrote: »
    that's why me and the wife stopped having kids at number 4, we just didn't want to take a chance.

:D I like the cut of your gib Sir, post more often please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

And others should be able to say it's a load of discriminatory shyte, and that the language used is stupidly inflammatory.

What kind of idiot thought to put a sign up in public with that sentiment, let alone language.
    I agree, but its his own business. People can chose not to shop there if they dislike the shop, but no one should interfere on how he does business (unless he impacts on their natural rights).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭blackwhite

The majority of them are in China though, not Leopardstown (which wouldn't have a very large Chinese population - apart from Spar) :pac:

I'm not complaining about the shop BTW - I've rarely had any reason to complain about the service, and the girls that work there are normally quite friendly as well.

Just always thought it unusual that it was only every Chinese girls working there - most retail businesses out around here have at least one Irish student working in them! Seeing where they advertise for their jobs then it makes a bit more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Well this took off. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Dean0088 wrote: »

You're up there with Rosa Parks and MLK now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Dean0088 wrote: »

Tattle tale :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The majority of them are in China though, not Leopardstown (which wouldn't have a very large Chinese population - apart from Spar) :pac:

I'm not complaining about the shop BTW - I've rarely had any reason to complain about the service, and the girls that work there are normally quite friendly as well.

Just always thought it unusual that it was only every Chinese girls working there - most retail businesses out around here have at least one Irish student working in them! Seeing where they advertise for their jobs then it makes a bit more sense.

You are more likely to get a job with a reference from a friend that works there.

Advertisement