Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop constantly disconnecting from router

Options
  • 06-03-2014 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone has come across this or could recommend a solution...

Wireless connection from laptop to router keeps disconnecting temporarily & usually it reconnects itself almost immediately.
    This could happen 10 times in a minute or 10 times in an hour but it is constantly happening and very frustrating.
    Sometimes I have to manually refresh available networks & reconnect.
    Also (rarely) I have to disable/enable wireless adapter on laptop in order to be able to reconnect manually.

This only happens in my house & not when connected to other wireless routers in other locations so it's probably not the laptop that has the problem..

Could it be my router or its settings? Suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

It's not the black Eircom Zyxel by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

It's not the black Eircom Zyxel by any chance?

Yes it is!

Yes it is!

It's a known issue with that router where it makes your device re-authenticate every few minutes, momentarily kicking it. There is a firmware update that fixes it: http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/firmware/

It's a known issue with that router where it makes your device re-authenticate every few minutes, momentarily kicking it. There is a firmware update that fixes it: http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/zyxel/firmware/

Fantastic thanks :D

Balls, tried 3 times now & it get to 100% before posting this message.

A file system error was detected on the RomPager Advanced server.

• Advertisement

Balls, tried 3 times now & it get to 100% before posting this message.

A file system error was detected on the RomPager Advanced server.

Did you reboot it and check the version number to see if it upgraded? Could just be a browser refresh issue. Did you try another browser?

Did you reboot it and check the version number to see if it upgraded? Could just be a browser refresh issue. Did you try another browser?

Rebooted, switched router off/on, also tried to do the upgrade from laptop with same result.

F1000 Firmware (100AAHA4b2.bin) is the only file used.

There is 2 other .bin files there P-660HN-T1A_IPv6 & P-660HW-T1_v3
    Maybe I also need these?

Rebooted, switched router off/on, also tried to do the upgrade from laptop with same result.

F1000 Firmware (100AAHA4b2.bin) is the only file used.

There is 2 other .bin files there P-660HN-T1A_IPv6 & P-660HW-T1_v3
    Maybe I also need these?

You need the one to suit your router model no, it's definitely not the f1000, that is the one for vdsl (fibre)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Hoof_Hearted

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread Kent Brockman but I'm having a similar problem. Sporadic dropping of wifi, so i downloaded Win8.1 and now no connection whatever, though my iPad's still finding it. My Router's a PEAK. Could it be the router? Thanks in advance for your valued opinion.

You need the one to suit your router model no, it's definitely not the f1000, that is the one for vdsl (fibre)

Annnnnnddddd we're back :D

Did the correct s/w upgrade but then lost internet connection, tried to roll back to the previous version but ended up resetting the router to a previous time when we were eircom customers!
    Had to get onto vodafone support to reset the username & password.

Everything back working now. I will wait and see if the s/w upgrade worked, if not the helpdesk suggested I change the wireless channel in case there is interference.

Thanks for your help.

• Advertisement

Hope I'm not hijacking your thread Kent Brockman but I'm having a similar problem. Sporadic dropping of wifi, so i downloaded Win8.1 and now no connection whatever, though my iPad's still finding it. My Router's a PEAK. Could it be the router? Thanks in advance for your valued opinion.

My download seemed to change some of the settings on the router. Perhaps the same has happened in your case?

Advertisement