Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank selling houses

Options
  • 06-03-2014 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

I've been looking at a property lately that I know is being sold by an estate agent on behalf of a bank. I'm wondering if it's possible to find out which bank has this property or how where would you go to find out. The estate agent is not saying that it is directly, just saying he is selling for a solicitor but I'd like to be able to go directly to the bank if possible. All help appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

knowing which back it is is pointless. They wont deal with you directly so by knowing you canot do anything different anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Isityourself

D3PO wrote: »
    knowing which back it is is pointless. They wont deal with you directly so by knowing you canot do anything different anyway.

Is there any specific reason for not dealing directly??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Well as D3PO said its pretty pointless. The bank are not estate agents hence why there using one. You will not gain anything by knowing and even if you found out they'll just tell you to contact the estate agent.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭davkel

Does anyone know if it's possible to do a deal with a bank to buy a house via an estate agent or does the bank just wait for the best price?

Advertisement