Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is 6 grand a good price?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭

27.5 metre square shed for just the block work and a single pitch tile roof. Im getting windows and door myself. No electric or skimming. Just floor , walls and roof and site is not level so bit of digging and getting rid of earth to factor in. . Im not sure so any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Does not sound bad to me! You'd hardly get a Barna type shed at that size (pro rata) for the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭dor843088

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Does not sound bad to me! You'd hardly get a Barna type shed at that size (pro rata) for the same price.

Gorgot to mention its cavities still good value tho ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

I certainly think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

I'm assuming that's labour only?
    The raft labour should be around €800
    The block work should be around €1500
    The roof €1000
    Site dig out €1000 - €1500
    + vat on all prices @13.5%
    It's not far out and if the quality of work is good then your getting a good deal
    Cc

ccsolar wrote: »
    I'm assuming that's labour only?
    The raft labour should be around €800
    The block work should be around €1500
    The roof €1000
    Site dig out €1000 - €1500
    + vat on all prices @13.5%
    It's not far out and if the quality of work is good then your getting a good deal
    Cc

No thats materials aswell . I guess its pretty good then .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

dor843088 wrote: »

Ok
    So let's work out the materials
    Dig out ground €150
    1 load of fill €150
    Steel for raft €300
    Concrete €700
    Blocks €1800
    Sand €500
    Cement €200
    Wall ties and fixings €100
    Cavity closer €100
    Roof timber €500
    Slates €500

Total € 5000
    And he is going to do all the labour for €1000

I can see a lot of head scratching half way through this project
    I would get a itemised quote first or you could end up in trouble.
    Cc

ccsolar wrote: »
    Ok
    So let's work out the materials
    Dig out ground €150
    1 load of fill €150
    Steel for raft €300
    Concrete €700
    Blocks €1800
    Sand €500
    Cement €200
    Wall ties and fixings €100
    Cavity closer €100
    Roof timber €500
    Slates €500

Total € 5000
    And he is going to do all the labour for €1000

I can see a lot of head scratching half way through this project
    I would get a itemised quote first or you could end up in trouble.
    Cc

Im not sure mate but thats the quote I got. Its just floor and cavity block walls with a single pitch tile roof. Site dig out wont be more than a couple hours with a mini digger it wont be too extensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

If you're in the West, please send me this dudes number!

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭joeirish

I just got a garage/shed built for €8k. It was 7.5 by 5.5 sqm. Cavity block, pitch roof. That included €2.5k for slates as I wanted these to match the house.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

27.5 metre square shed for just the block work and a single pitch tile roof. Im getting windows and door myself. No electric or skimming. Just floor , walls and roof and site is not level so bit of digging and getting rid of earth to factor in. . Im not sure so any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    6k euro is a good price.8k euro got me an 18 x 19 x 10.5 foot block garage built recently.Pitched roof with nordman tiles,plastered externally,2 upvc windows,large electric roller garage door,2 padestrian doors,steel wired armoured cable with 5 double sockets and 2 lights,new fuseboard,hard wired alarm and the water/plumbing.
    So 6000 euro is a good price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭air

Definitely a good time to be getting work done, sounds like great value on all fronts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Thanks
    Is that 6k euro price a "cash" price or is it vat included?You can claim the vat back if your are fully paid up with Revenue on the LPT charges.Also your builder must be fully legit and vat/tax complient with Revenue.You will get the vat back from the Goverment and Revenue around 2 year after you send in the application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hoodrats

wouldnt surprise me , plenty of busy fools out there now. i wouldnt be expecting quality workmanship for that sort of money though.

Advertisement