Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC bill complaint...

Options
  • 06-03-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone guide me to he regulatory authority for formal billing complaints against UPC.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

all complainted woudl need to go via a formal complaint to the company themselves first.

what is the exact issue OP maybe if you explain the situation and what has occured we can assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

uhassan wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone guide me to he regulatory authority for formal billing complaints against UPC.

Thanks

To answer the question, Comreg.

As has been posted above, make sure you have exhausted the internal complaints procedure at UPC. Try chatting to their reps at their Talk to... forum

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭uhassan

D3PO wrote: »
    all complainted woudl need to go via a formal complaint to the company themselves first.

what is the exact issue OP maybe if you explain the situation and what has occured we can assist.

I have been refused the discount for first 6 months offer although a customer service agent said that it will be applied after my package was switched last month.

Apart from this I was over charged in may last 3 bills as well and every time I had to spend a lot of time for getting money back.

I talked to UPC reps on boards but they always directed me back to customer services.

I have requested for a formal complaint from UPC as well.

so you had over charged bills but the problems have been sorted ?

and you have an issue whereby you havent had a discount promised applied ?

Assuming the overcharging isnt the result of the discount being applied which you also call out then the overcharging problem is done and dusted. You cant go to Comreg to complain you have been over charged if infact the problem has been rectified.

Regarding the discount that would have either been agreed with you over the phone or if you switched from another providor would have been called out on paperwork.

if its the former then formall write a complaint to UPC and request a copy of the phone conversation.

if its the latter well then you should have the paperwork to prove the discount should be applied. Copy it and include it with a formal complaint on the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I've had a few issues with them, I wrote by registered letter and always got an email reply, all from the same person, resolving the issue.

I got a new deal the other day because of the new charges and I told the person on the phone I was recording the call, she noticed a note on my file about last time and said she didnt mind at all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

D3PO wrote: »
    so you had over charged bills but the problems have been sorted ?

and you have an issue whereby you havent had a discount promised applied ?

Assuming the overcharging isnt the result of the discount being applied which you also call out then the overcharging problem is done and dusted. You cant go to Comreg to complain you have been over charged if infact the problem has been rectified.

Regarding the discount that would have either been agreed with you over the phone or if you switched from another providor would have been called out on paperwork.

if its the former then formall write a complaint to UPC and request a copy of the phone conversation.

if its the latter well then you should have the paperwork to prove the discount should be applied. Copy it and include it with a formal complaint on the matter.

You obviously haven't a clue about how UPC operate!! Paper work from UPC is rarer than Moondust.

I think the point is that the OP is fed up with UPC and wishes to take the current problem further.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I've had a few issues with them, I wrote by registered letter and always got an email reply, all from the same person, resolving the issue.

I got a new deal the other day because of the new charges and I told the person on the phone I was recording the call, she noticed a note on my file about last time and said she didnt mind at all.

Registered letters shouldn't be necessary and cost a lot of money.

dub45 wrote: »
    You obviously haven't a clue about how UPC operate!! Paper work from UPC is rarer than Moondust.

I think the point is that the OP is fed up with UPC and wishes to take the current problem further.

and you obviously dont have a clue how the complaints procedure works.

Weather the OP is fed up woth UPC or not is irrelevent. They have to exhaust all avenues with UPC before COMREG will deal with a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

uhassan wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks

You can complain to ComReg but you must have exhausted all other options, and have evidence of this before they will consider a complaint. So, where you had an overcharge, and this has been refunded, it would be a non issue for comreg. As for the discount, you need to contact UPC first.

Registered letters shouldn't be necessary and cost a lot of money.

Can you help the OP take the issue further, or are you just here to belittle other suggestions?

kc90 wrote: »
    You can complain to ComReg but you must have exhausted all other options, and have evidence of this before they will consider a complaint. So, where you had an overcharge, and this has been refunded, it would be a non issue for comreg. As for the discount, you need to contact UPC first.

Can you help the OP take the issue further, or are you just here to belittle other suggestions?

The op got the information that they requested. They weren't looking for other advice and they had already recorded complaints with UPC - it is obvious that the op has "had it" with UPC and wishes to take the matter further. UPC are extraordinarily reluctant to give anything on paper.

And no one should have to send a company registered letters to get their billing corrected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement