Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

looking to get my second hand iphone 4 unlocked from three

• 06-03-2014 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

I bought the phone like 3 years ago now so no contact with the original seller from adverts and have been with 3 on prepay since

Just wondering is it possible to get it unlocked I remember reading into it when i bought the phone but ended up just sticking with 3 anyways

Iv sent in an unlock code form and waiting for a reply back is there anyone else out there who has a second hand iPhone locked to 3 that's been unlocked for you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

Filled in that form myself for a secondhand iphone 4 a while back and more recently a secondhand iphone 5. They wouldn't unlock the 4 but did the 5!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

baldshin wrote: »
    Filled in that form myself for a secondhand iphone 4 a while back and more recently a secondhand iphone 5. They wouldn't unlock the 4 but did the 5!

damm did they say why they did not unlock the 4?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

biggebruv wrote: »
    damm did they say why they did not unlock the 4?

They will only deal with the original owner, according to Three. If they did the 5 for the above poster it was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

ok three emailed me back saying i will be unlocked in 24hrs :)

it says apple do this over the air or something so looks like im getting unlocked YAY

it says i need another non three sim card in the phone then turn it on
    connect to itunes
    restore the software

so should i attempt to do this at this time tomorrow need to get a meteor sim now haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

Good stuff, yeah give it the 24 hours anyway, it's a simple process from here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement