Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Weshtlad

Really? That's class; who do you bank with if you don't mind me asking?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Weshtlad wrote: »
    Really? That's class; who do you bank with if you don't mind me asking?

I have a Ufirst account with ulster bank. It's not available anymore unfortunately.

Conor done a conference call today with the media. A link to the call itself is half way through this article. Just listening to the first 15 minutes he sounds a bit more reserved, controlled and thoughtful in what he's saying.

http://msn.foxsports.com/ufc/story/conor-mcgregor-i-m-looking-to-go-down-as-the-greatest-of-all-time-060314

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Why are the UFC Fight Club pre sale tickets tomorrow only €100 and up? thats a bit rich. Iv upgraded and will buy 4 tickets tomorrow but a bit annoyed if we can only buy the expensive seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MarkJD wrote: »
    Why are the UFC Fight Club pre sale tickets tomorrow only €100 and up? thats a bit rich. Iv upgraded and will buy 4 tickets tomorrow but a bit annoyed if we can only buy the expensive seats.

Ya is this definite? One of the lads signed up to fight club to get some 50 quid tix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

As mentioned in the other thread by myself and Scudzilla (both long term FC members), neither of us have ever seen a price limit on the tickets available through the FC presale.

Might happen, but I doubt it.

Miller is out. Brandao will fight in his place.

http://www.ufc.com/news/miller-out-of-dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Wasn't expecting that! This could be a great fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ouch, a LOT harder for Conor here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

figs666 wrote: »
    buffer makes the UFC

Personally i think he is a **** but he adds so much to the event

I'd be delighted not to have him there.

• Advertisement

Holy $hitballs!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

DrPhilG wrote: »
    As mentioned in the other thread by myself and Scudzilla (both long term FC members), neither of us have ever seen a price limit on the tickets available through the FC presale.

Might happen, but I doubt it.

thanks thats a relief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Cole was never going to be a walk in the park but Brandao is definitely a test for Conor. Looking forward to this fight even more than the Miller one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

any hope of fifty euro tickets being available on thursday??

The fight would appear to have a more explosive dynamic to it now. Brandao last beaten by, who's tipped to be Conors next opponent, Dustin Poirier.

It will be interesting to see how Brandao's fitness will be on the night. Here's hoping he makes weight unlike last time. Can't see this going to a decision anyway, so hopefully that's an indication in itself it's likely to be an entertaining fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

I will be having a small wager on Brandao to knock out Mr Mcgregor in the first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

He was supposed to be fighting last weekend, now he has 6 weeks extra to prepare. He really has no excuses for not showing up. Diego Sanchez is jumping at the opportunity to help me get in shape ;)https://twitter.com/DiegoSanchezUFC/status/474024386920325120

I do think he is mentally weak though, gets over invested emotionally etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Brando to gas after the first and Connor to pick him apart in the second. Connor, TKO Round 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

How much was it to sign up for fight club?

In my opinion you guys would have been better paying a months membership at certain gyms in Dublin, cheaper or slightly dearer, a months training and your tickets guaranteed a few days ago.

Hope everyone gets tickets though!

SDTimeout wrote: »
    How much was it to sign up for fight club?

FC was about €50.

SDTimeout wrote: »
    In my opinion you guys would have been better paying a months membership at certain gyms in Dublin, cheaper or slightly dearer, a months training and your tickets guaranteed a few days ago.
    Except I'm in Donegal, already a member of a club, and I got 25% off my ticket cost via Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

FC was about €50.

Except I'm in Donegal, already a member of a club, and I got 25% off my ticket cost via Ulster Bank.

cool, enjoy the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭PauloConn

Can't wait, got my tickets, block C, row 15.....

PauloConn wrote: »
    Can't wait, got my tickets, block C, row 15.....

Looking forward to the back of your head. Hope you're a short arse...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

F*ck, that was stressful. Right from the start I was getting 'No tickets available'. Ended up the good side of Block G, but half way down the lower tier. If it was a concert I'd be slightly disappointed with the seats, but with the octagon being in the centre of the floor I think they're actually going to be really good. Should get a good panoramic of the scene.

Relieved that's over though. Despise using Ticketmaster and I remembered why today.

Hope everyone got/gets sorted with tickets :)

Bring on the 19th July!

• Advertisement

Looking forward to the back of your head. Hope you're a short arse...

It's ok, I'm no Stefan Struve, you should be able to look over me if i'm not jumping out of my chair that is:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

Block A row 1...... I'm very excited

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Good luck to any lads still waiting for their tickets. With new main event the night looks a lot better than before. Unfortunately I'm not making the trip down but I'll be watching from the sofa :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Got our tickets sorted. Block P which seems to be the highest block, 100 euro. Anyone know if the seats are alright? Would have paid an extra 25 to get down a tier but it was my friend who booked.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

jese you paid 100euro and got top tier. where the hell is the 50euro tickets seated? outside the venue????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

jese you paid 100euro and got top tier. where the hell is the 50euro tickets seated? outside the venue????

Yeah seriously that is mad.

50 is back of top tier, 75 is middle of top tier and 100 for front of top tier....mental!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    50 is back of top tier, 75 is middle of top tier and 100 for front of top tier....mental!

WOW

They never actually posted a proper breakdown of the pricing layout, but I would guess that there were actually very few €50s at all. They just probably stuck 3 or 4 rows at the back of the arena just so they could advertise as "from €50".

Then when people arrive expecting cheap seats and find them gone, they quickly panic and go up a bracket or 2.

I'd guess that the majority of the seats are €125 and €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

sheehy83 wrote: »

Ya I got 50 last time, up the top at the back, with a steel colum right in my view as well, was terrible ! Others have said they had decent views with the 50 seats.

Block B row 2 this time, should be able smell the Octagon girls from my seat this time round :D

Cant remember what side the walk outs come from, should be close if they come from the RHS looking at the map :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Yeah I was shocked when I found out we were still in the top tier after forking out 100 quid. Very steep. 125 all together with the service charge. Hope the seats are decent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Ya I got 50 last time, up the top at the back, with a steel colum right in my view as well, was terrible ! Others have said they had decent views with the 50 seats.

Block B row 2 this time, should be able smell the Octagon girls from my seat this time round :D

Cant remember what side the walk outs come from, should be close if they come from the RHS looking at the map :)

They will come from the Left top corner side looking from the top seats. that is where the dressing rooms are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Got block C row 32 they were €125 ones, could've faired better but not bad for doin in work havin to do so on sly using a cheap alacatel yolk of a thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

TBF compared to the nosebleeds in the O2 London the back seats in the O2 aren't too bad. All the seats are fairly decent.

• Advertisement

Yeah, if you're front of the top tier then you will have a good view. I was up there last time and it was a good view. Since they only come back occasionally i splashed out for the 150 seats and am pretty damn happy with it too.

I can't wait for this already. All excited and getting nothing done in work today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have a geberal idea as to what time the card is likely to start?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

PauloConn wrote: »
    Yeah, if you're front of the top tier then you will have a good view. I was up there last time and it was a good view. Since they only come back occasionally i splashed out for the 150 seats and am pretty damn happy with it too.

I can't wait for this already. All excited and getting nothing done in work today.

To be honest, I can see them coming back more and more especially with Mc Gregor and the other Irish fighters on the rise. Sure, there even starting to talk a stadium card here.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭IrelandDylan

Charlie wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone have a geberal idea as to what time the card is likely to start?

Berlin card started at 6:30 local time last weekend, so probably around the same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Charlie wrote: »

At UFC 93 doors opened at 4:30 first fight 5:30 but that was a numbered event, This time everything depends on the time difference between Ireland and the US and how many fights will be on the card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Locomotion

dickwod1 wrote: »
    At UFC 93 doors opened at 4:30 first fight 5:30 but that was a numbered event, This time everything depends on the time difference between Ireland and the US and how many fights will be on the card.

Says on ticketmaster that start time is 16:30 so I'd say it's still likely to be

Doors: 16:30
    First fight: 17:30
    Main card: 8pm
    Finished: Approx. 10pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

rivalius13 wrote: »
    Anyone else manage to get tickets through ufcvip.co.uk and then get told that it was a mistake? Super annoying...

I take that back, they offered me my original seat today so I managed to get that, front row sorted for it, get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Block J, Row 53. €50 seats.

To the binocular store. ;) Don't really mind. Happy to just get the lads out for an MMA event. That and it falls on my birthday so I'll probably be too drunk to give a shíte about potentially being waaaaaaaaay back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Apologies if it has already been asked/answered, but will this be on TV anywhere at all?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

That_Guy wrote: »
    Block J, Row 53. €50 seats.

To the binocular store. ;) Don't really mind. Happy to just get the lads out for an MMA event. That and it falls on my birthday so I'll probably be too drunk to give a shíte about potentially being waaaaaaaaay back.

Row 50 here. Stupidly picked best available thinking it would be just that. At least the 02 isnt that big a venue..

Advertisement