Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

PauloConn wrote: »
    Yeah, if you're front of the top tier then you will have a good view. I was up there last time and it was a good view. Since they only come back occasionally i splashed out for the 150 seats and am pretty damn happy with it too.

I can't wait for this already. All excited and getting nothing done in work today.

That's reassuring to hear. Do you have any photos from when you were there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

A friend of mine got seats right next to the cage, he said it was a waste of money.He spent most of the night looking at the big screen.Camera men in the way and if fight was at other side of the cage he couldn't see them on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Dave 101 wrote: »

Very handy website. Right at the back for us.... Hmmm.

Positive: Quick access to beer/toilets.
    Negative: *squint* "We must really be up high. All those people down there look all tiny"

Are the seats not arranged different for MMA/Boxing events?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

dave1982 wrote: »
    Are the seats not arranged different for MMA/Boxing events?

Yes, There is generally floor seating where the stage is. Dunne / Cordoba had an entrance ramp so there was a small stage there. 93 had elevated seating where the stage is and the fighter entrances below it.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

I take it for €100 and less you're going to be in the green section.

Would like to be in the yellow but I just don't have the budget for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Dave 101

I take it for €100 and less you're going to be in the green section.

Would like to be in the yellow but I just don't have the budget for it.

ye yellow seems to start at 125

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bpm1989

Howya fellas, I'm having a look at the ticketmaster page and the cheapest tickets available are 100 quid! I'm wondering whether all of the 50 and 75 tickets are gone completely OR just all of the UFC Fight Club tickets have been snapped up..... ie there will be more released tomorrow and Friday. Does anyone know what the story is?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

bpm1989 wrote: »
    Howya fellas, I'm having a look at the ticketmaster page and the cheapest tickets available are 100 quid! I'm wondering whether all of the 50 and 75 tickets are gone completely OR just all of the UFC Fight Club tickets have been snapped up..... ie there will be more released tomorrow and Friday. Does anyone know what the story is?

As far as i know they only have a limited amount on sale in the pre sale meaning they will have more on sale tomorrow and friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

phishcakes wrote: »
    As far as i know they only have a limited amount on sale in the pre sale meaning they will have more on sale tomorrow and friday.

Source?

phishcakes wrote: »

Fingers crossed I'll be up early tomorrow morning anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭tonymontana82

Lads will there be any autograph signing besides the chuck q&a the night before? Just looking to get a few gloves signed, would there be any chance at the weigh ins to get a few??

Theres a hotel maybe 5 mins up from the 02, I met shogun, Ninja, Coleman, Franklin, Kapman, Lytle, Wayne McCullough, Buffer, Goldberg and the ring girls.That was on the Friday I was surprised that they were willing to mingle in lobby/bar

More often than not the fighters hotel will have security on the door. Only guests allowed in.

That's why the hardcore autograph stalkers fans will try to scout in advance which hotel it is, and book in themselves.

There's always a crowd outside the hotel trying to meet fighters on the way in, or chancing their arm and getting the fighter to bring them in as part of their group. :pac:

Ticketmaster is such a pile of ****e! Had three 75e tickets in the basket with a minute left on the counter and when I go to click continue I get the message 'sorry we are unable to process your request at this time'. What a wonderful system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Ticketmaster is such a pile of ****e! Had three 75e tickets in the basket with a minute left on the counter and when I go to click continue I get the message 'sorry we are unable to process your request at this time'. What a wonderful system.

It is b0llex! It does this for all gigs!!

srumball wrote: »
    It is b0llex! It does this for all gigs!!

Does it actually? I'm tempted to ring them up and give em a mouthful. Surely the tickets are yours till the timer runs out? Disgraceful.

Does it actually? I'm tempted to ring them up and give em a mouthful. Surely the tickets are yours till the timer runs out? Disgraceful.

Yeah its a ****e system it cant handle the load so it doesnt know what to do. I can still see o2 priority tickets with my code, i bought 100euro ones and now its giving me 175euro ones. The whole time i selected best available! grrr

Now its giving me 150euro ones

• Advertisement

According to o2 all the priority tickets are gone. No hope of getting tickets now. Pile of w4nk system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

According to o2 all the priority tickets are gone. No hope of getting tickets now. Pile of w4nk system.

Newsletter presale might still be availible.
    The main release is always bigger anyway. Don't give up.

Mellor wrote: »
    The main release is always bigger anyway.

How do you work that out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Newsletter presale is a bust by the looks of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I got some poor seats for 100 euro, passed and now there is none left. Feck it.

Edit: found some more crap 100 euro seats, they can stick the event ill watch it in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

I just took one 150 ticket in block E ..panic buy I think :/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 D35

Had great seats in G and my Visa verified password didnt work and I lost them GRRRRRRRRR

F U VISA and your extra BS security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Glad I went halves with my mate on fight club membership ! Knew this **** would happen, unlucky lads

still tickets being offered but only singles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭DonRosco

D35 wrote: »
    still tickets being offered but only singles

Thanks for that, I switched from two to one and got one...for 150 euro :( I feel violated. Bad luck for my mate but I think he was only interested in 50 euro seats anyway. At least it's a good seat I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Got one block K Row 44, anyone have any idea if this will be a decent view? Any idea what time the fight starts and end at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Had the chance to buy 2 together this morning but let them go to see if i could get any better, stupidest decision ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

DrPhilG wrote: »
    How do you work that out?

It always is for all events, gigs, etc - not just UFC.
    The idea is that the limited presale sells out, quickly. And this builds up momentum for the main sake, creates a bit of a rush.
    It's the same principle behind an artist announcing dates one or two at a time. There a name for the tactic but I can't recall it right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Got one block K Row 44, anyone have any idea if this will be a decent view? Any idea what time the fight starts and end at?

Should give you an idea of the layout here http://www.theo2.ie/the_o2/new-page/seating-plan

Still one ticket left but its in the rafters for €100. UFC are maggots the price they are charging for crap seats. I now toying with the idea of just going to the pub and watching it and use the €150 I was planning to spend on drink.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

The last time the UFC was in the 02 they had a section of fans on the other side of the cage as well. Made it look better for TV. They were the VIP seats.

Wonder what song McGregor will come out to?

BLOCK E Row 19 €150 seat on my own Ticket still there will I take it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJackAttack

D35 wrote: »
    BLOCK E Row 19 €150 seat on my own Ticket still there will I take it ?

I've taken one in Block E in row 19. the rows extend from 1-20 in lower tiering for E. The next one up is 125 i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Davei141 wrote: »
    I got some poor seats for 100 euro, passed and now there is none left. Feck it.

Edit: found some more crap 100 euro seats, they can stick the event ill watch it in the pub.

is anywhere showing it?

D.Q wrote: »
    is anywhere showing it?

Everywhere will be showing it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

It'll be on in most pubs in the country I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Some young go getter, potentially a poster on here, set up a UFC Fight Night Facebook page. Its not an official page, simply someone taking the initiative to set a FB page up for the event.

The torrent of abuse this person is getting now is hilarious. People thinking its an official page and just unleashing a tidal wave of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Got a link to it? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Got a link to it? :P

I don't think as many are visible on the mobile site. Posts to the page and scattered comments on pictures and posts too. Here you go:

https://m.facebook.com/ufcDublinIreland2014?refsrc=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.ie%2F&_rdr

Mellor wrote: »
    It always is for all events, gigs, etc - not just UFC.
    The idea is that the limited presale sells out, quickly. And this builds up momentum for the main sake, creates a bit of a rush.
    It's the same principle behind an artist announcing dates one or two at a time. There a name for the tactic but I can't recall it right now.

Except I have seen a number of events sell out completely in the presale. UFC 100 did, one of the big Canadian ones too.

The FC have always insisted that all tickets are available in the presale. Although they are both liars and useless on most things...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Severe MMA giving 2 VIP tickets. Unreal prize!

https://www.facebook.com/severemmacom?fref=ts

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Severe MMA giving 2 VIP tickets. Unreal prize!

https://www.facebook.com/severemmacom?fref=ts

Just entered it thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Does anyone have any idea, what side the entrance might be on? On the side with block H, or block P?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

dave1982 wrote: »
    Just entered it thanks!

You know who to bring so if you win :pac:

dulux99 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any idea, what side the entrance might be on? On the side with block H, or block P?

Block A/H side is where the entrance to the dressing rooms is usually for gigs

• Advertisement
Advertisement