Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

srumball wrote: »
    Block A/H side is where the entrance to the dressing rooms is usually for gigs

Cheers fella

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I have two tickets for sale at cost price thanks to a great gf who bought them for me as a surprise while I frantically tried and was successful after about an hour !

They are Block M, Row 45, Seats 171 - 172.

Total 212.20

PM me if interested.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

I have two tickets for sale at cost price thanks to a great gf who bought them for me as a surprise while I frantically tried and was successful after about an hour !

Total 212.20

PM me if interested.

Cheers

Ha these are the row behind me, brilliant!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

srumball wrote: »
    Ha these are the row behind me, brilliant!

Better drop the price so! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

Total 212.20

PM me if interested.

Cheers
    Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The Bunk

If you still have them tickets id love to take them . cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

Easy Rod wrote: »
    Fair play to you.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Total 212.20

PM me if interested.

Cheers

this mans gf is a boardsie who knows his username so :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Total 212.20

PM me if interested.

Cheers

Awesome.

I hope these tickets go to a proper fan and not some blow in who just wants to see Conor McGregor "walk through" some fella and who has no idea who ian McCall & Brad Pickett are!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Awesome.

I hope these tickets go to a proper fan and not some blow in who just wants to see Conor McGregor "walk through" some fella and who has no idea who ian McCall & Brad Pickett are!

McCall Picket most likely be FOTN until Conor shouts 60 G's Babyyyyyy and then it's tough shyte lads.

The Bunk wrote: »
    If you still have them tickets id love to take them . cheers

Hey mate, drop me a pm with your details and I'll arrange with you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

would it be just as good watching it with a load of friends or in a pub with mma fans than venue seat with a bad view? football isnt so bad as the pitch is massive so you see some action from any seat, whats it like with the octagon?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

would it be just as good watching it with a load of friends or in a pub with mma fans than venue seat with a bad view? football isnt so bad as the pitch is massive so you see some action from any seat, whats it like with the octagon?

****e .in Belfast we were watching the tv screens for a better view .

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

Didn't get tickets and I doubt i will. Me and 2 mates waiting with a laptop each. Settled myself for none. Foul mood all day.

Seeing the man sell two for normal price has made me happier. Knowing a nice proper fan sold to a pride fan.

I'll try tomorrow but if yyou can't try presale you won't get general.

Be more likely to find hen's teeth

Enjoy who has a ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭kg703

I think they'll keep some back for general sale, there are signs up at my local ticketmaster today saying ufc tickets Friday etc etc

• Advertisement

Didn't get tickets and I doubt i will. Me and 2 mates waiting with a laptop each. Settled myself for none. Foul mood all day.

Seeing the man sell two for normal price has made me happier. Knowing a nice :eek:proper fan sold to a pride fan.

I'll try tomorrow but if yyou can't try presale you won't get general.

Be more likely to find hen's teeth

Enjoy who has a ticket

Hey Chrisbag, that's a very kind thing to say. As a long LONG time fan I know the frustrations people are feeling. My first UFC was 50 in Atlantic City in 2004, they were giving tickets away outside to bump up numbers and the weigh in was attended by 12 (TWELVE) non- UFC people. I long for those days and the hardcore fans, not to mention stacked cards.

I'll make a promise to you now pal, if the other boardsie doesn't take the tickets by say, next Friday I'll give you first option, and will do the same if I can get an extra two elsewhere.

It meant a lot for you to say those nice words, didn't realise it was against the norm.

Cheers bro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

kg703 wrote: »
    I think they'll keep some back for general sale, there are signs up at my local ticketmaster today saying ufc tickets Friday etc etc

I would think they have too otherwise would it not be unfair against the general public

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭bennyl10

its just how many will they keep back?.. anychance there'd be €50/75 tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭chrisbag1986

Hey Chrisbag, that's a very kind thing to say. As a long LONG time fan I know the frustrations people are feeling. My first UFC was 50 in Atlantic City in 2004, they were giving tickets away outside to bump up numbers and the weigh in was attended by 12 (TWELVE) non- UFC people. I long for those days and the hardcore fans, not to mention stacked cards.

I'll make a promise to you now pal, if the other boardsie doesn't take the tickets by say, next Friday I'll give you first option, and will do the same if I can get an extra two elsewhere.

It meant a lot for you to say those nice words, didn't realise it was against the norm.

Cheers bro :)

no prob mate. Just good to see good guys helping good guys out

You will get a lifter for the tix no problem. No prob. good luck and enjoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

This is definitely one for the pub now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Sold out in 2 minutes, according to the twitter machine :)

Yeah, I checked at 10:02. All gone!

I bet Conor will be screaming "SOLD OUT IN TWO MINUTES BABY!" when, in fact, the tickets have been on sale for more than 2 days (In fact, longer than that)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Cant wait now atmosphere will be epic, any ideas what time the fights start, know tickets say 16.30?

Sure its the same for every event, they all have pre-sales.

Stuxnet wrote: »
    Sure its the same for every event, they all have pre-sales.

Yup! Which is why it bugs me when they actively try to make people believe that every ticket was snapped up in a 2 minute (or whatever) period.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yup! Which is why it bugs me when they actively try to make people believe that every ticket was snapped up in a 2 minute (or whatever) period.

I hear ya, PR sure, what can ya do !!

Bit like the guards putting the street value of drugs when they stumble across a stash, in reality the drugs are worth a while lot less then stated lol

Wha'?

309862.jpg

Stuxnet wrote: »
    I hear ya, PR sure, what can ya do !!

Bit like the guards putting the street value of drugs when they stumble across a stash, in reality the drugs are worth a while lot less then stated lol

That's why I never buy drugs from guards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

should be held in Croke Park next time..

looks like we will be watchin it in the pub, four of us tried with laptops and PCs from different locations,
    probably only 10 high price tickets left anyway with all this "presale" action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

After 10 minutes of hitting the search button like I got 1 ticket at 10.15. Anyone know how far up block a is row 28?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 dgibbon

Depends what block you are in!! it has the row numbers on the right hand side of the venue picture

dgibbon wrote: »
    Depends what block you are in!! it has the row numbers on the right hand side of the venue picture

He said Block A

• Registered Users Posts: 10 dgibbon

lertsnim wrote: »
    He said Block A

oops my bad. Its 3rd row from the back

Cage warriors is back in August... I'd rather pay Cage warrior prices for a cage warriors standard event!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Cage warriors is back in August... I'd rather pay Cage warrior prices for a cage warriors standard event!

How many of the bandwagon jumpers will go to CW, not many i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Huge demand for tickets. Tried at exactly 10 to buy 4 tickets. Then 3.then 2...Nothing available.the pre sale exclusive club ****e is a money spinner. Love to know how many tickets were actually available at 10 today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Huge demand for tickets. Tried at exactly 10 to buy 4 tickets. Then 3.then 2...Nothing available.the pre sale exclusive club ****e is a money spinner. Love to know how many tickets were actually available at 10 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 D35

After 10 minutes of hitting the search button like I got 1 ticket at 10.15. Anyone know how far up block a is row 28?

Good seats you will see the fighters coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 42 D35

The trick is to go for 2 only at a time and have a few people doing it

we had 6 computers all trying at the same time and got 3 sets of 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

cartman-tears-o.gif

I can't wait for this! Might head off to Cage Warriors as well. Will it be in the Helix or what's the suss? PM me a link if ya have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

scudzilla wrote: »
    How many of the bandwagon jumpers will go to CW, not many i guess

This is a UFC event so not sure why this even matters? Are you saying your not a true MMA fan unless you go to the CW event?

MarkJD wrote: »
    This is a UFC event so not sure why this even matters? Are you saying your not a true MMA fan unless you go to the CW event?

I'm saying that a load of these people are just going because it's UFC and will not bother their arses for CW or some of the other smaller promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Jamie OD

Tickets are still available if you try searching. Got one for Block A at €125.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

D35 wrote: »
    Good seats you will see the fighters coming out

Class! its only dawning on me how lucky I was to get any ticket!

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Jamie OD wrote: »

one ticket .billy no mates

• Advertisement

Jamie OD wrote: »

I wouldn't pay more than €50 and even that's pushing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 dforde

You would only pay 50 euro for a ufc ticket are you taking the piss?

Also I've no sympathy for people that didn't get tickets today...it was simple to get the newsletter code yesterday and even simpler to sign up to fight club before hand!

dforde wrote: »

Also I've no sympathy for people that didn't get tickets today...it was simple to get the newsletter code yesterday and even simpler to sign up to fight club before hand!

No, i'm the same.

I know the value of money and i know what a card is worth, i will not pay more than i think the card deserves.

Of course for the 50quid i wouldn't expect cage side, just in the gods

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

dforde wrote: »

I think the bigger picture here is why this is on in the O2 if the demand is this high.

I think both casual and die-hard fans should get a chance to attend an event like this for a decent price. There will always be people trying to make money off a situation like this (be it the UFC or douchebags selling tickets online) and honest fans will be hurt and disappointed.

scudzilla wrote: »
    No, i'm the same.

I know the value of money and i know what a card is worth, i will not pay more than i think the card deserves.

Of course for the 50quid i wouldn't expect cage side, just in the gods

I agree, I saw Liddell fight Franklin in Vancouver for about the equivalent of €75,
    that was a PPV (in the states) card which had some quality match ups on it featuring some decent names, this card is going out on free TV with considerably less quality match ups.

That being said, you really cant blame the UFC for charging so much for tickets if the demand is there regardless of quality. I think a bigger venue and there would not have been as much haste to purchase as people would be less worried about missing out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement