Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Honestly I'm blown away how well this card has gone.. F**k yeah!!! MMA ♥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Looked like Brando hurt his knee ? He seemed to be dragging his right leg backing into the cage there !!

Thats what i thought too, def dragging it like a snared animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

So who would be the next logical opponent for McGregor?

Another bum in the o2 to set up the next bum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Slattsy wrote: »

The kick to stomach done that I think, he got winded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Connor doesn't protect his head enough imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm a believer bigtime now
    heading into the top five and after that who knows

great performance

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

So who would be the next logical opponent for McGregor?

Swanson or Poirier would be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Billy86 wrote: »
    Aaaaaand TV3 just lost all rights to all future UK events ever again.

To remind us of The Purge.

Good job lads.

and that Travago ad :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Brandao absolutely lied down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,931 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

funny how nobody mentioned parke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭EireGreg

your man took a dive, its clear as day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Not to take away from Nelson but I thought Cummings defended that choke poorly, when that kind of grip is used all he had to do was reach up with both hands and pull down the hand on the top of his head :confused:

Edit: I mean I don't train and even i know what to do with that kind of grip.

evil_seed wrote: »
    Brandao absolutely lied down.

Theirs lying down when you know you are beat then there's Mike King lying down... That was shocking stuff from him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭passatman86

Very happy he got the win. BUT I can't stand the american put on accent and manner. Think he should express his Irish heritage more considering he flys the flag

EireGreg wrote: »
    your man took a dive, its clear as day

He got the wind taken out of him he was hurt, then Conors punch after he just couldn't take anymore.You could see he was hurt after the kick was only matter of time and Conor went for it

calex71 wrote: »
    Not to take away from Nelson but I thought Cummings defended that choke poorly, when that kind of grip is used all he had to do was reach up with both hands and pull down the hand on the top of his head :confused:

That sub stinks of something...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Very happy he got the win. BUT I can't stand the american put on accent and manner. Think he should express his Irish heritage more considering he flys the flag

His accent is definitely fake as fook!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

I think he tries to speak a bit clearer since he's shown internationally so people have to understand him. Marketing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Slattsy wrote: »

I think he might have twisted it when they went to ground and Conor and him were trying to get ankle locks on each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭BofaDeezNuhtz

I think he tries to speak a bit clearer since he's shown internationally so people have to understand him. Marketing etc.

Yeah man he's just tryna e-nun-see-ate k bud so leevorouh :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭jodaw

It is one of the best things he could do. He would not be very marketable in the state with a Neil Seery type accent. To water it down is a masterstroke and i think he will rake in the cash because of it.

Skys the limit for him now really. Fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

60 gs baby.... not really, lost my accumulator on Pickett :(

But all in all a great night of fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

About the first kick - I disagree that it was dirty from what I saw. Before the fight began, a quick shot of the camera showed Diego looking across at Conor and shaking his head as if to say "no". I reckon that was some communication to agree to no glove touch and the first actual touch was a feel-out.

But maybe I'm biased...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭bing3

user2011 wrote: »
    Theirs lying down when you know you are beat then there's Mike King lying down... That was shocking stuff from him.

Surprised at that. Didnt see Pendred/King fight but King showed heart in TUF. Didnt imagine he would roll over.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

About the first kick - I disagree that it was dirty from what I saw. Before the fight began, a quick shot of the camera showed Diego looking across at Conor and shaking his head as if to say "no". I reckon that was some communication to agree to no glove touch and the first actual touch was a feel-out.

But maybe I'm biased...
    I was reading that on sherdog too, a replay should clear everything up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Anyone know where I can watch the post fight press conference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

How much would Conor get paid for that?

Post presser is on over on bloodyelbow.com
    (can't post link...)

bing3 wrote: »
    Surprised at that. Didnt see Pendred/King fight but King showed heart in TUF. Didnt imagine he would roll over.

I would think that.. But for the fact that this is in Ireland.. Count how many seconds it took him too 'pass' out then I have to question the out come. I started a thread for this topic. To separate things out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057252630

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

But maybe I'm biased...

No you're not..

IllRealIndianelephant.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

I would think that.. But for the fact that this is in Ireland.. Count how many seconds it took him too 'pass' out then I have to question the out come. I started a thread for this topic. To separate things out.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057252630
    blood choke takes only seconds to stop you

jodaw wrote: »
    It is one of the best things he could do. He would not be very marketable in the state with a Neil Seery type accent. To water it down is a masterstroke and i think he will rake in the cash because of it.

Skys the limit for him now really. Fair play

I read somewhere that 7/10 americans claim to irish ancestry.. what's more marketable - a true irish fighter or a american twang , fxxk if he even spoke a bit of irish the hype would be mental....
    I understand he's money driven you could tell by his behaviour in the documentarys - but jesus don't forget what you came from

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Gunnar and Conor got the performance bonuses, Cathal's fight was fight of the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 123 ✭✭osl

I read somewhere that 7/10 americans claim to irish ancestry.. what's more marketable - a true irish fighter or a american twang , fxxk if he even spoke a bit of irish the hype would be mental....
    I understand he's money driven you could tell by his behaviour in the documentarys - but jesus don't forget what you came from

I can't think of an Irish sportsperson EVER, who talks about being Irish or promotes Ireland as much as he does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Great fights :D first time watching UFC live, besides getting Beer spilled on me at the end, I enjoyed it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Never seen a fighter gas in the first round, joke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Gunnar didn't deserve the performance bonus he looked shíte.
    He was bang out of shape too and was getting beat on his feet.

He looked like me with my top off, not an MMA fighter.
    He needs to move down to LW cause he's gonna get battered when he finally fights someone who isn't a can.

Tigger wrote: »
    blood choke takes only seconds to stop you

I've been watching UFC fights for a long time and never seen a RNC being stopped so quick.. That is my question.. With it.

To be rendered totally unconscious in 3/4 seconds I'v never seen it in the UFC. So I'm :confused:

Is it possible...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Conors being brilliant in the press conference.

• Advertisement

I've been watching UFC fights for a long time and never seen a RNC being stopped so quick.. That is my question.. With it.

To be rendered totally unconscious in 3/4 seconds I'v never seen it in the UFC. So I'm :confused:

Is it possible...

I'm confused now as to if you you are trolling or not :confused:

That stop was no quicker or slower than many I've seen,the guy was clearly out cold , there is no rule that says you have to be limp and lifeless for more than 5 seconds before it can be ruled a valid choke out :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Is it possible...

if he wanted to fake he'd have tapped? no shame tapping a rnc
    i reckon he was slightly light headed and is susceptible to fainting from b2b blocks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

osl wrote: »
    I can't think of an Irish sportsperson EVER, who talks about being Irish or promotes Ireland as much as he does.

To be honest that's to build the hype here and get sponsorship/endorsement opportunities.

I'm confused now as to if you you are trolling or not :confused:

That stop was no quicker or slower than many I've seen,the guy was clearly out cold , there is no rule that says you have to be limp and lifeless for more than 5 seconds before it can be ruled a valid choke out :mad:

First off I'm not trolling!!!

I'm questioning was he out.. From when it got locked in to him looking like he was out it seemed very quick for me. I'm questioning was it a legit 'stoppage' I've seen many MMA fights and many RNC's and have never seen a locked in (RNC) being counted as he was out in 3/4 seconds no fight back or nothing..

I am not trolling hand on heart.

First off I'm not trolling!!!

I'm questioning was he out.. From when it got locked in to him looking like he was out it seemed very quick for me. I'm questioning was it a legit 'stoppage' I've seen many MMA fights and many RNC's and have never seen a locked in (RNC) being counted as he was out in 3/4 seconds no fight back or nothing..

I am not trolling hand on heart.

AH here, the guy was limp as could be, they were still picking him up when the winners hand was being raised after 10 ad breaks :pac:

osl wrote: »

Irish sports people
    Padraig harrington
    Robbie keane
    Bernard dunne
    Steve collins

Theses in there day were as irish as a bag of tayto crisps,

I want to understand my :confused:ing that is why I'm asking these questions I'm not trolling the forum. I love the forum too much to be getting on the wrong side.

I just want to understand what I seen. That is all. Plz stop with this troll bs stuff.

Of topic David O leary GAA star and man utd player????:confused::confused:

AH here, the guy was limp as could be, they were still picking him up when the winners hand was being raised after 10 ad breaks :pac:

It's easy 'to be out of it' but can it be proven from the rnc, that rnc was way too easy for me to be 'out'. That is my point. It may not be provable on either side but It can be questioned, if you want to question it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

dave1982 wrote: »
    Of topic David O leary GAA star and man utd player????:confused::confused:

It was Kevin Moran in the crowd, ex Dublin and Man Utd

Advertisement