Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

UFC DUBLIN 19th JULY **Start time info in post #1**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Paddy Holohan grabbed him (the SBG lot were sat behind) to get a photo with him at one staged. Great craic!

There was a camera crew filming and doing interviews at the queue on the way in to the O2 (about 5pm), entrance 3. Anyone any idea who that was? Interviewed but forgot to ask what it was for. Would be good to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Jog my memory, what did Pendred come out to again?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Put em under pressure

Go back a page Scudzilla posted a video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

It's not a horrible interview.

Ray seemed somewhat unprepared, but Conor Conor Cathal came across very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just watching the Q and A again some very funny moments from the crowd. Forrest looked actually pissed about the whooing.

He hadnt a clue what was going on with that to be fair and it kept going long after 'Ric Flair' sat down. There was some awful cringey stuff in it to be fair and some of the booing and comments were a bit childish and probably made by the bandwagon fans but all in all it was a good laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Forrest is such a funny guy always, intelligently funny. He also seen the whole Q&A for the ridiculousness it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Just watching the Q and A again some very funny moments from the crowd. Forrest looked actually pissed about the whooing.

Link to this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭d4b

Hope you don't mind me posting here. My hubby was at the fight last Sat night and he got a programme which he foolishly left on his chair and when he came back from the toilet it was gone and then as it was over everyone was rushed out. After paying 15 Euro. He was absolutely gutted! I was wondering if any of you could help me as to where I could purchase one or if anyone had one spare that I could but from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

T3gpSaw.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

T3gpSaw.gif

Latifi is a hero, such a nice bloke!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭DK224

There was a professional guy taking pictures inside and outside the o2 on Friday of the Weigh Ins. I wonder did anyone happen to get a name or a website he was working for as he took a few pics of me and a few mates and I was foolish enough to lose his details!!

d4b wrote: »
    Hope you don't mind me posting here. My hubby was at the fight last Sat night and he got a programme which he foolishly left on his chair and when he came back from the toilet it was gone and then as it was over everyone was rushed out. After paying 15 Euro. He was absolutely gutted! I was wondering if any of you could help me as to where I could purchase one or if anyone had one spare that I could but from.

Contact the O2 and see if they have any left or ask who did the print run and you might get one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Do they start dehydrating that far out? I would have thought that would just be from about 48hrs before the weigh-in, with everything before that being genuine weight loss. I'm no expert though, so feel free to point out where I'm wrong.
    Not claiming to be an expert but I'd expect water cut to start 5 or 6 days out.
    One approach is;
    Glycogen depletion (v.low carbs) from Monday (or weekend before).
    Water loading and sodium restriction starts 5 days out (Monday), tapering to sat. Food cut 24 hours out, baths friday night, and ideally pi$s the last bit away on sat. If needed, sauna sat afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

i saw on the screen for Gunni's fight that it was 3 rounds, shouldn't it have been 5 rounds for co-main as well or will they only have 1 fight that is 25 minutes?

Any vid of the Mexican Wave?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

sheehy83 wrote: »
    i saw on the screen for Gunni's fight that it was 3 rounds, shouldn't it have been 5 rounds for co-main as well or will they only have 1 fight that is 25 minutes?

Any vid of the Mexican Wave?

Only co-main's that are title fights are 5 rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

dickwod1 wrote: »
    Only co-main's that are title fights are 5 rounds.

This would mean that McGregor vs Poirier would be only 3 rounds, if it happens on the Jones/Gustaffson card as expected. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

CM24 wrote: »
    This would mean that McGregor vs Poirier would be only 3 rounds, if it happens on the Jones/Gustaffson card as expected. :(

I wouldnt expect the fight to last longer anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

adamski8 wrote: »
    I wouldnt expect the fight to last longer anyway!

Poirer thinks the same:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Listening to Poirier talk about Conor on the MMA Hour is getting me fired up already for that fight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

scudzilla wrote: »

I remember hearing the start of the music and was thinking "it couldn't be could it?". Surreal to hear 9000 odd people at an MMA event sing "We're all part of Jackie's army". Really added to the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Funk It

Having watched the Fightville documentary, I was a big fan of Dustin Poirier, he's a good dude. A match.up with Conor would be awesome, would love to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Axwell wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Just gonna report this in case some of you missed it yesterday - also Ariel Helwani gave it a mention on twitter so hopefully a few more will get to tag themselves on it!

I work for a company called Huggity - we take huge panoramic 360 images at sports events which allow you to zoom in and find yourself, tag yourself and then share it on social media. We have done the GAA semi finals and finals last year, most of the rugby and soccer games for Ireland and then numerous sporting events abroad.

We were delighted to get to do the event last night, another first for the UFC and to be able to have it done here in Ireland was great.

If you were at the event check it out and see if you can spot yourself. If you tag yourself you will get sent a promo code which will allow you to get a free months access to UFC Fight Pass - If you werent at the event you can still use the Virtual Arena to show your support and still get a promo code.

You can also play the treasure hunt game and find the UFC belt which will enter you in a draw for a years subscription to UFC Fight Pass.

Make sure to tag yourself and share it so that the event becomes and even bigger success.

Cheers

http://www.ufc.com/fanpic

Well done on this lads, unfortunately i'm behind the referee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,460 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Lol, I just had another look on a pc rather than phone and found myself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Out of curiosity, when was the picture taken? Unsure* why we're standing up and cheering when most aren't.

*could well have been the drink

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Lost a phone in the arena after the Q&A session if anyone happened to find one, long shot I know!

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, when was the picture taken? Unsure* why we're standing up and cheering when most aren't.

*could well have been the drink

Its not one picture - its over 300 images stitched together to make one big image. Usually at an event we take those in a 7-10 minute period and its all around the same time in the event but with the UFC we werent allowed shoot when the fights were on so we had to shoot in the short space in between fights when the light came up. So we would have shot sections of the crowd at different stages, so you may have been standing at the time your section was shot.

Or you were just hammered drunk and cheering on your own :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭seadnamac

Its not one picture - its over 300 images stitched together to make one big image. Usually at an event we take those in a 7-10 minute period and its all around the same time in the event but with the UFC we werent allowed shoot when the fights were on so we had to shoot in the short space in between fights when the light came up. So we would have shot sections of the crowd at different stages, so you may have been standing at the time your section was shot.

Ah, so that's why I have two heads.

Just watched the event back on Fight Pass.

Even though it can't compare to the live event, the crowd came across really well. The cheering of the kicks in the Seery fight and the Ole chants for Pendred etc. Great fun.

Dan Hardy used to annoy me as a fighter, but I must admit he's doing a star job as a commentator and ring interviewer. Really good. I'd far rather listen to him than Florian. Can't say the same for Gooden, makes a lot of mistakes. Also couldn't believe at the end of the Seery vs Harris fight, after a complete domination by Seery, Gooden was pondering whether Seery had "done enough to steal the win". WTF???

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭thehairyone

Went to sign in with twitter (dont have facebook) the terms and conditions lead me to believe you wanted my soul aswell (I may be wrong but I didnt feel comfortable accepting).

Great idea and I hope you get more work out of it but no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Curious New ufc fan here...what ya think of this next McGregor bout? To me it looks perfect...this is where we'll see what conor is made of yeah? To me they both seem equally as driven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Curious New ufc fan here...what ya think of this next McGregor bout? To me it looks perfect...this is where we'll see what conor is made of yeah? To me they both seem equally as driven.

Big step up for Conor, Poirier is on a 3 fight streak and his last defeat was a points loss to Cub Swanson.

He's beaten both Conor's last 2 opponents in the first round.

Think Conor will take him but it may take him 2 rounds this time :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

If you're new, go grab Netflix or... other methods... and watch the Dustin documentary Fightville. He is a great little fighter. Personally I think Conor is too fast and dynamic on the feet for Dustin. I don't think it'll be a Round #1 battering by any means, but I think he'll pick Dustin apart and take the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭CM24

Dustin is equally as big as Conor for a featherweight and while he's certainly tough and talented I just don't think he has that X-factor that seperates the very best guys from the also-rans. His only chance would be a win via submission if Conor decides to take his chances on the ground like he did against Brandao.

I got Conor by decision or a 3rd rd stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

This time last week we were all getting amped for the weigh-ins the next day..... I'm having a severe withdrawal reaction since it is over. All that build up (months and months) and a keeerazy event , and now ... NOTHING!

Vegas is a no-go this year, but most definitely gonna pop on over when he fights there again next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

This time last week we were all getting amped for the weigh-ins the next day..... I'm having a severe withdrawal reaction since it is over. All that build up (months and months) and a keeerazy event , and now ... NOTHING!

Vegas is a no-go this year, but most definitely gonna pop on over when he fights there again next year.

Cage Warriors is on in August in the Helix. Plenty of SBG and Irish lads on that card too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭deisedude

MagicIRL wrote: »
    If you're new, go grab Netflix or... other methods... and watch the Dustin documentary Fightville. He is a great little fighter. Personally I think Conor is too fast and dynamic on the feet for Dustin. I don't think it'll be a Round #1 battering by any means, but I think he'll pick Dustin apart and take the win.

Watched this tonight. Great documentary. Certainly a very different character from Conor!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

One of the best nights ever. I think unfortunately, even if/when UFC return with Conor headlining, it'll be very tough for the crowd to replicate that atmosphere. It was a blend of the hometown hero, alongside with brilliant undercard fights, along with the fact that we'd not had an event in 5 years.

When the lights went down for Baba O'Riley...absolute goosebumps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cathal Pendred @PendredMMA

A few years ago my best mate said he would get a tattoo of my name & the date of my UFC debut when it happened...

BtY88YUIYAApnNz.jpg:large

"19th July 34" LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

ShaneU wrote: »

A few years ago my best mate said he would get a tattoo of my name & the date of my UFC debut when it happened...

BtY88YUIYAApnNz.jpg:large

"19th July 34" LOL

Should be MMXIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭Easy Rod

ShaneU wrote: »

"19th July 34" LOL

I can see Pendred trying to do a Mark Coleman and fight on a Dublin card in 20 years time to make his friend look less of an idiot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

He was clearly going for the 20-14 way of saying it but that clearly hasn't paid off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

McGregor v chad mendes is a fight I'd like to see

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Saints#33

Did anyone ever get their free month on fightpass for tagging into the fan pic?I haven't yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Saints#33 wrote: »
    Did anyone ever get their free month on fightpass for tagging into the fan pic?I haven't yet.

Nope.

Look what I found today!

1422645587376-jpg.552648

Didn't think they released DVDs for Fight Nights, just numbered events.

Delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Look what I found today!

Didn't think they released DVDs for Fight Nights, just numbered events.

Delighted.

Saw it in Golden Discs today they were selling it for 9 yoyo not bad

• Advertisement
Advertisement