Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kingfisher Renmore - over run by schools and sharks

Options
  • 06-03-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭

Is any one else getting annoyed with Kingfisher Renmore providing less time and swimming lanes to private members as they rip the benefits of Salthill swimming pool closure.
    Arriving of late to find Sharks taking over swim lanes and now today I find the pool closed as a School had booked it.
    Seriously considering cancelling membership and going to the Carlton.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

toothy-shark.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

All gyms seem swamped atm. Leisureland apparently is reopening in may so maybe hold off till then if you can. Does the kingfisher membership give you membership to the one at niug?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

All gyms seem swamped atm. Leisureland apparently is reopening in may so maybe hold off till then if you can. Does the kingfisher membership give you membership to the one at niug?

Ahh, I think Leisureland is the one that got "swamped" - somewhat literally :)

The clubs had to go somewhere, of course the loss of one pool from the city was going to have impacts.

OP, what did management say when you expressed your frustration to them? Perhaps they need to find better ways of communicating things to their on-going members.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

syl77 wrote: »
    Seriously considering cancelling membership and going to the Carlton.

small__g71CJsTk6od3vQhnPG9l1FHPdR-bGOqGE2EVIgb9Ok.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

@gordongekko: no unfortunately they just share the same name, not membership.
    @Mrs OBumble: On numerous times (with others) I have complained to staff, and to be fair they did open a another 2 swimming lanes, but depending on the number of sharks they sometimes take one (giving them 3) and leaving just 1 to general public no matter how fast/slow you swim.
    Today I went with my 3 year old daughter just to use the baby pool, but was denied since a school had booked the main pool. I had explained that I would only be using the baby pool but ended up having to pay 13 euro in Clayton Connaught.
    I have seen a lot of people annoyed about this and I do understand that Schools and clubs have to go else where after closure of leisure land, but to be honest I don't see it re-opening in the near future and the kingfisher management haven't communicated anything to us unless we complain.
    I also believe I would be with in right to cancel membership as they have changed the terms of the contract in changing membership times.
    @mikom: lol... I like it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,960 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I totally think you have a justified greviance.

But to be blunt, you need to start talking to the organ grinder instead of the monkey.

Staff can be sympathetic but they're not the ones making the commrrcial decisions about long vs short term customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Dutchess

Ah, Galway's pool situation. I would love a proper deep olympic swimming pool with a sauna/steam room on the side and no gimmicks. And make it adult members only while we're at it ( I know there's probably a million reasons why this wouldn't happen). I've tried various hotel pools. Avoided the Kingfisher because I've been annoyed by their sales staff too much.

If I was in your position, I would most definitely demand a cancellation of my membership because as you say, circumstances have changed through no fault of your own. You shouldn't have to pay for facilities not in use by you.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Dutchess wrote: »
    Avoided the Kingfisher because I've been annoyed by their sales staff too much.

The sales staff are VERY pushy, totally turned me off joining them. They were calling me three times a week at one stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Paddyfield

At the end of the day. it's a business. When schools came knocking on their door, they were hardly going to refuse the opportunity.

They are doing the same thing in Kingfisher at the University.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

From my experience of dealing with the Renmore Kingfisher staff it would be a complete waste of time complaining. I made several complaints regarding the pool usage and got no where with the staff. They put up signs stating the public times (non-members), but they don't consider the time that the pool is used by school kids as public time even tough the kids aren't members.

I would go outside of public times for a swim but still could encounter about 30 kids present. It's a joke. All you want is clear knowledge of when the pool is open to the public (non-members) so you can avoid these busy periods. Staff refused to outline all public and school times to me so it's just pot luck when you go whether there's going to be a pool full of small kids or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Shame the pool that was apparently due to be built in Doughiska never happened. I think the site became the wooden primary schooll

Advertisement