Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private user tags

Options
  • 06-03-2014 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

The Reddit Enhancement Suite provides a handy tool for tagging users with words so you can remember who you are talking to.

The tags are completely private so no one but the tagger ever knows they have tagged someone.

I think this will add a layer of familiarity to discussion without having to look through a posters history to get a read on the kind of person they are.

hT9gTUh.png?1
    As we can see here Ktulu123 "Smells like new tyres", I put this tag in as a demonstration only, but he does smell funny.

Now I know something about him without having to look up anything. If the tag were something like "Animal Rights", I would know not to make a joke along those lines, as it would likely offend.

In a more relevant vein, there are users that simply ignore good debate, being able to mark them as such would save me a lot of time searching for good links and stuff only to have them ignored.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Seems like something that would aid in harbouring grudges and perpetuating petty conflicts more than anything else. If someone deserves to be ignored then add them to ignore when you have an issue with them. Otherwise as annoying as they are on one topic they still might be worth listening to on another and having "Guys a dick" next to there name kind of reduces the chances that they will be anything other than a source of annoyance.

As for adding a layer of familiarity, I'm not sure anyone needs to know the type of person they are talking to. When people start searching others history to see what type of person they are it tends to get personal and that's not really a good thing for general discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Fine, I'll write my own extension!
    With Blackjack!
    And hookers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,339 ✭✭✭Artful_Badger

Fine, I'll write my own extension!
    With Blackjack!
    And hookers!

Hang on now..... nobody said anything about blackjack and hookers. After reassessing the situation I'd very much like to add my support for this new and exciting opportunity.

Advertisement