Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurooptic anyone?

Options
  • 06-03-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭

Has anyone of this ever purchase a scope of http://www.eurooptic.com/?
    If so how did they get on, how long did it take to arrive, did the customs seek tax's? Why im interested is they have extremely good prices up.
    Is there licenses needed for importing them etc.
    Looking forward to feed back on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

I bought 2 good scopes from them last year first rate service and very good prices. You will get done for customs and duty. My first scope was $1600 and cost €1600 after import you will have it in about 2 weeks including time spent going through customs

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

I contacted them previously and they wanted $65 to post a pair of rings that you could post for a couple of quid. I queried it and they were quite rude and abrupt in the reply so I didn't bother dealing with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

Yes. A number of years ago before customs got so enthusiastic about stopping everything from the US so no duty, with duty would still have been cheaper.

More recently also bought from http://www.theriflescopestore.com/. Seemed to know a lot more about what he's selling and very helpfull.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭4200fps

Thanks very much for the feed back lads. Fecks these customs anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

Got many an item from them, found them great to deal with,if you can take the customs on the chin then go for it you will still save a good chunk.

• Advertisement

Great value on eurooptic at the moment on Nightforce scopes NXS models starting at $1248 new

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

Great value on eurooptic at the moment on Nightforce scopes NXS models starting at $1248 new

I think nightforce are a different kettle of fish ,they are usually not allowed by nightforce to shipped from the Us ,so as not to upset the European distributers,i spend a few weeks trying to get an atacr and in the end up I went through Canada for it ,but a friend is collecting it and bringing it back himself as they cant export nightforce either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭BillyBoy13

I dealt with them a few times and would highly recommend them. Great company to deal with.

However.....

As the other lads have said, make sure you work out how much you are liable for at customs ***BEFORE*** you even think about putting your order through. If your not careful that great bargain you're looking at could end up costing a lot more than you expected.

Also, yes, for some scopes there is a licence needed. My own understanding (from memory) is if its somehow deemed 'military', the American customs want an export licence) but eurooptic will look after all that you dont have to worry about it at all. This is why some of the smaller US companies cant ship here. Its a shame when you see some small guys over there building gear (like Kyle with XLR for example), whos just a small guy selling rifle chassis from his garage- but cant ship them out of the US (well not at a reasonable cost he cant).

The links below is one of the scopes I bought from euro optic, I saved over €550 on the deal it cost me €1600 and is on sale on optictrade.eu at €2199

http://www.steiner.de/military/rifle-scopes/03_telescopic-sight-tactical-3-12x56.php

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzx3DscRvwo

They had it advertised for $1600 and with shipping, tax, duty and import charges it cost just over €1600 total.

Euro optic sent me an email stating I would not re export the scope to another country and I replied with one back agreeing to this. That is all it took the scope was in the post next day.

As a rough guess add 30% to dollar price to get a idea of what it will cost you in euro

Advertisement