Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA to do a Postgraduate Diploma

Options
  • 06-03-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

I currently hold a degree in commerce level 8..

Wondering could I get BTEA to do a Postgraduate Diploma in accounting.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Yes, so long as you are 24 and receiving welfare payments for 9 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

I thought it needs to be a post graduate 'approved' course according to the application form? I'm not sure what they mean by approved. Does that refer to the institution or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

They change the rules every year. At the moment they read that you can only avail of it for a higher diploma. That doesn't cover very many courses as it would seem to exclude postgraduate diplomas and masters (unless you do a masters in education). They might have some flexibility if they think you'll get a job.

I assume "approved" means not the 'college-of-my-uncle's-best-friend-that-I-just-made-up'. So a major institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭MrSzyslak

only for a Professional Masters in Education apparently.

I couldnt get it for mine this year anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Young Blood

Monotype wrote: »
    They change the rules every year. At the moment they read that you can only avail of it for a higher diploma. That doesn't cover very many courses as it would seem to exclude postgraduate diplomas and masters (unless you do a masters in education). They might have some flexibility if they think you'll get a job.

I assume "approved" means not the 'college-of-my-uncle's-best-friend-that-I-just-made-up'. So a major institution.

I think your right. 'Approved' seems a tad bit ambiguous since there are many postgraduate courses out there which don't have 'Higher' in their prefix yet still are Level 9's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement