Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mhf55

DoctorBae wrote: »
    Cute, but I got 85th last year so I reckon my bets are safe. Like I said, its just June I need to worry about

Are you repeating your leaving too?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭woopah92

Well, perhaps if you actually had some ambition and drive like I do then you might try to put some sort of incentives in place for yourself too.
    And, for your information, I have an offer already from Kings College London, so I will, in fact, be doing med - the only question is where.

I'm gonna call you out on this one. Pretty sure you'd need 6A1's to get an offer to King's [I think you said you got 525?], and they often don't take students who they deem to be "repeating" i.e. anyone who doesn't come straight from secondary school. Fair play if this is actually true, but I can tell you this. As someone who's in med school currently, you need to seriously check your attitude. A bit of decency and respect gets you a long way in this world.

yeah, keep up doll face.
    If you went through what I went through last year then you'd be repeating too. I reckon you shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about

'Cute' hun but I'm repeating too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DoctorBae

woopah92 wrote: »
    I'm gonna call you out on this one. Pretty sure you'd need 6A1's to get an offer to King's [I think you said you got 525?], and they often don't take students who they deem to be "repeating" i.e. anyone who doesn't come straight from secondary school. Fair play if this is actually true, but I can tell you this. As someone who's in med school currently, you need to seriously check your attitude. A bit of decency and respect gets you a long way in this world.

Oooh awkward for you because I got it based on last years results. Sorry but you are misinformed. What med school are you in, may i ask?

mhf55 wrote: »
    'Cute' hun but I'm repeating too.

sorry, its just the people here seem ready to attack over everything. I honestly didn't mean to come across as rude! Good luck in June :)

• Advertisement

Oooh awkward for you because I got it based on last years results. Sorry but you are misinformed. What med school are you in, may i ask?

Well considering I just googled the entry requirements, it came back with 565 points when added together. So not really sure how you got in?

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/medicine/entryrequirements

A Dublin one. I don't like to give out all my personal information online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 asdfrewq

Gutted about the 5 minute thing myself... :/ Left two blank cause the paper was yanked off me! Everyone in Trinity should genuinely complain...

In which exam centre in Trinity did this happen? :/

Well considering I just googled the entry requirements, it came back with 565 points when added together for entry requirements. So not really sure how you got in?

A Dublin one. I don't like to give out all my personal information online.

interviews count too.. sorry but the general entry requirements are a guideline. Honestly, I wouldn't lie about this. I certainly would not have a leg to stand on if I didn't already have a place, so I appreciate the concern but it isn't necessary.

sorry, its just the people here seem ready to attack over everything. I honestly didn't mean to come across as rude! Good luck in June :)

Haha no defo not something I'd throw in someone's face! Thank you you too :)
    Ah no honestly fair play to you for getting in in the uk and your great hpat last year. No one here is trying to attack you personally. It's great that you found the exam relatively easy but just try to see how other people can be upset. I'm sure you (like myself) remember how devastating it was not getting medicine last year

• Advertisement

Goldsmith :/

mhf55 wrote: »
    Haha no defo not something I'd throw in someone's face! Thank you you too :)
    Ah no honestly fair play to you for getting in in the uk and your great hpat last year. No one here is trying to attack you personally. It's great that you found the exam relatively easy but just try to see how other people can be upset. I'm sure you (like myself) remember how devastating it was not getting medicine last year

I see your point, I hope people understand that Im not doing it to put them down. Though my skills as a future doctor have been called into question so it is kind of personal. Honestly though, Im sure you'll do great! Thanks so much

asdfrewq wrote: »
    Goldsmith :/

That's where I sat it last year, quite a big number of people to be hard done by with time. :/

The only thing to do is e-mail them and hope for the best! Hope everyone on this thread gets in ;)

asdfrewq wrote: »
    The only thing to do is e-mail them and hope for the best! Hope everyone on this thread gets it ;)

Did you not hear me say its not worth your time? they won't/ can't do anything.
    Not everyone here will get it. Not everyone that sat it will get it. This is serious. This isn't a cake made of rainbows and smiles. I hope I get it. You hope you get it. Thats how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 donegal262

Wow I can't believe Dublin messed up so bad ,I know if someone pulled my paper off me five minutes before the end I would have been in a right state!
    Really have to praise Sligo though, they were very efficient and professional and the supervisers were lovely:) The waiting begins here :s

• Registered Users Posts: 23 fitzyg

Did you not hear me say its not worth your time? they won't/ can't do anything.
    Not everyone here will get it. Not everyone that sat it will get it. This is serious. This isn't a cake made of rainbows and smiles. I hope I get it. You hope you get it. Thats how it works.

seriously can you stop already? there's nothing wrong with a bit of optimism like calm down

fitzyg wrote: »
    seriously can you stop already? there's nothing wrong with a bit of optimism like calm down

See where that gets you.

haha... no I did read your posts but ignored them on purpose ;) The whole test is about trying to make a fair system for everyone trying to get into medicine and a group of people got less time than the rest of the country. Regardless of whether you think emailing them will make a difference or not it is important to highlight this issue as if they don't do something about it they are essentially showing their own hypocrisy!

See where that gets you.

Optimism gets you everywhere. You should try looking up the law of attraction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Stop the snide comments and insults towards eachother. You can discuss the HPAT without insulting other people based on how they found the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 futuremedic19

Hi guys I sat the HPAT this morning.
    Overall I found it very challenging.

S1 went well. I answered about 95% of the questions and then the others were just blind guesses.

S2: My worst section of the day by far !!!
    I don't think it was overly difficult however I spent soo much of my energy on S1 that my mind couldn't think properly for S2 and I guessed a substantial amount of the section and found myself running out of time.

S3 was a bit more challenging than the ACER practice tests, but overall it wasn't too bad, but again I guessed about 20-30% of the paper.

k. like, I found it easy because Ive been doing HPAT practice exams since I was in the womb. Like literally, I was born with a ME sample paper in hand. I sold my own mother to pay to do ME and if I don't get it this time then I will have to sell my own non-essential organs. I really need this and I hope I get it. Im aiming for at least 98th percentile just to secure my place and if I don't get it then I will just give up on life (and probably do law or something?). So please, cool it with the hate. HPAT is love. HPAT is life.

I think this clarifies the trolling issue :rolleyes:

As someone who has previously done the HPAT, I'd be pretty worried about anyone coming out of it claiming to "know" that they've done exceptionally well. Its a difficult exam and most people are unsure about how they've done - its not the sort of exam where you know for sure exactly where you went right and wrong.

Well done to everyone who did it today. That's half the battle, go concentrate on the LC ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

On a mobile so without a full arsenal. Please remember there is an 'ignore user' option which may be of use.

lol okay soz, didn't do hpat this year. Did it last year. Got in. thought this would be funny - and it was. You bunch of tits

lol okay soz, didn't do hpat this year. Did it last year. Got in. thought this would be funny - and it was. You bunch of tits

i hope you're not in my year....

Holy moly

i hope you're not in my year....

Probably not, don't go to RCSI

DoctorBae, you've already received an infraction for personal insults. Stop derailing the thread with insults and trolling. Any further discussion along this line will result in bans.

• Advertisement

chrisol83 wrote: »
    Really disturbing how a supposedly medical student (possibly aspiring medical student) would spend their time trying to annoy and frustrate people who are up in a heap and trying to band together after the 1st or 2nd most important exam of their lives and, for some are trying to get their focus back onto the leaving cert. And also got/aspires to get into medical school whilst typing like some kind of inbred. "soz bae"

Woah, chill your beans bro! This exam is nothing compared to whats coming. Finals, USMLE.. our life is going to be one big exam from here. Also, its kind of obvious that I don't actually talk like that but coming from someone who is so inbred they're practically a sandwich I would understand why that did get through to you. If this exam is going to leave you in a heap then I honestly feel you need to reassess whether or not you will make it along this career path. Also, ban me for all i care. Im burning this bridge to the ****ing ground and all you **** can burn with it xoxo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement