Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Everything HPAT and Medicine 2015*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Best of luck to everyone on here getting results tomorrow. It may sound horrible but if things don't go your way you can always give it a second shot, be it LC, HPAT or both.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Gabrielazap

Good luck with results tomorrow! And remember, life goes on! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Guys I got 725 combined any slim tiny teeny chance of hope of UCD or TCD?

Guys I got 725 combined any slim tiny teeny chance of hope of UCD or TCD?

Hate to break it but I cannot see it happening at all. Could easily get RCSI with that though.

Gallagher1 wrote: »
    Hate to break it but I cannot see it happening at all. Could easily get RCSI with that though.

Don't have RCSI down but thanks anyway for the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

762, UCD here I come :)

Gallagher1 wrote: »

Unless she has HEAR/DARE would there then be a chance? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Embem95

Combined 714. Gone. Dead. Dusht. Heartbroken.

Unless she has HEAR/DARE would there then be a chance? :)

Again not HEAR/DARE but I'm sure Galway will be lovely anyway.

And hard luck to anyone who's didn't work out.

Again not HEAR/DARE but I'm sure Galway will be lovely anyway.

And hard luck to anyone who's didn't work out.

Enjoy your day and celebrate your results! :)

• Advertisement

762, UCD here I come :)

You might want to get rid of that 'hopeful' in your username then :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Doctorhopeful

Gallagher1 wrote:
    You might want to get rid of that 'hopeful' in your username then

I can keep it and just become known a the most optimistic doctor in the country :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Mary63

ds got 600 points and has a hpat score of 190.He put UCD and Trinity down as his first two choices,for some unfathomable reason he didnt want RCSI or Galway.I wouldnt have been keen on Galway either because of the accomodation costs.

Has he enough to get UCD or Trinity.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

Mary63 wrote: »
    ds got 600 points and has a hpat score of 190.He put UCD and Trinity down as his first two choices,for some unfathomable reason he didnt want RCSI or Galway.I wouldnt have been keen on Galway either because of the accomodation costs.

Has he enough to get UCD or Trinity.

He has more than enough to get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mlfaw

Does anyone know when the CAO statistics will be up for 2015, or what they are? Last year I remember they were up on the day or the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 78795

Honestly guys theres no use in stressing about it until the offers come out! Unless you're a psychic you have no way of knowing until monday. I was in the same situation last year and I know its easier said than done. I had 585 and 89th in the hpat and I cleared it fairly comfortably so anyone over 715ish might still be in with a chance somehow.

Just relax and celebrate all the hard work you've done and the excellent results you got.

Also, second and third round offers will always be there and this year people got into both RCSI and UCC with about 8ish less than first round (which is a lot all things considered).

Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 carrie1884

Hope people are happy with their results, remember there's always different paths to where you want to go if not.

Delighted with mine, UCD here I come!

Congratulations to those who are happy, commiserations to those who aren't, and good luck to everyone both on Monday and for wherever else life may take you. 🎊

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Embem95

Anyone going to do pharmacy at RCSI?! Can anyone tell me what the craic is with accommodation?! Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 emma35

galway with 725? I pray not to have my dreams dashed at the final hurdle of the actual offers :L

78795 wrote: »
    Honestly guys theres no use in stressing about it until the offers come out! Unless you're a psychic you have no way of knowing until monday. I was in the same situation last year and I know its easier said than done. I had 585 and 89th in the hpat and I cleared it fairly comfortably so anyone over 715ish might still be in with a chance somehow.

Just relax and celebrate all the hard work you've done and the excellent results you got.

Also, second and third round offers will always be there and this year people got into both RCSI and UCC with about 8ish less than first round (which is a lot all things considered).

Good luck :)

99% sure Cork and RCSI did not go down 8 in the second/third round last year..

• Advertisement

"In early August there will be an issue of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not competing with those awaiting 2015 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature, deferred and Access applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2015) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage."

Does this mean that those who were sitting the HPAT this year but not the Leaving Cert got the offers early this month?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 iamtheonewho

mlfaw wrote: »
    "In early August there will be an issue of offers of places which go to certain categories of applicant who are not competing with those awaiting 2015 examination results or who are assessed on other criteria, i.e. graduate entry medicine applicants, additional mature, deferred and Access applicants and applicants presenting FETAC (2002-2015) for consideration for entry to courses with a quota for FETAC applicants may also be included at this stage."

Does this mean that those who were sitting the HPAT this year but not the Leaving Cert got the offers early this month?

No because they're competing with people that get their LC this year.

No because they're competing with people that get their LC this year.

OK thank you, I thought I missed out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭alaskayoung

emma35 wrote: »
    galway with 725? I pray not to have my dreams dashed at the final hurdle of the actual offers :L

I'd say very very likely! I'll be in your year :P

emma35 wrote: »
    I'd say very very likely! I'll be in your year :P

Make that three of us :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 doctordreams

I got 155 in hpat and 605 in leaving cert (total 716)..is there any chance of me getting med this year? Maybe in 2nd round offers or 3rd even

I got 155 in hpat and 605 in leaving cert (total 716)..is there any chance of me getting med this year? Maybe in 2nd round offers or 3rd even

If you have some sort of scholarship bonus or HEAR/DARE you
    would have a chance. Otherwise...only time will tell! Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Murphy3

Any predictions for points needed on Monday! 😠Roughly the same as 2014 would we say?

Murphy3 wrote: »
    Any predictions for points needed on Monday! 😠Roughly the same as 2014 would we say?

They should remain roughly the same but intuition leads me to believe they'll drop a point or two in some places. Pure speculation but this is what I think they could be.

NUIG 720*
    UCD 732
    TCD 732
    UCC 724
    RCSI 725

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 superduckdude

Points - 731

My choices:

TCD
    UCD
    RCSI