Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Steven Kavanagh - RIP

• 06-03-2014 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

1622030_654995634561879_1685357338_n.jpg

http://www.thejournal.ie/stephen-kavanagh-missing-1349034-Mar2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

21 year old (LIT Student) Steven left Thomond Student Village after a night out at 1.50 am this morning in a taxi headed for Clonlara. He got dropped off at the crossroads at the Killaloe side of Clonlara and hasn't been seen since. His family say it is extremely out of character for him to not return home. He was wearing blue jeans, a black jacket and black runners.

Anyone with any information is asked to contact Henry Street Garda Station on 061212400 or the Garda Confidential Line 1800 666 111.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trace-Missing-Persons-Ireland/143712565673714

If anybody will be in the LIMERICK AREA tomorrow and are available to volunteer with search and rescue please meet at the students union building in Moylish Limerick tomorrow at 09:30am
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Volunteers meeting at Clonlara N.S at 10.30am also.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jeuneespoire

Hi all,

Steven Kavanagh a student of L.I.T was out celebrating charity week with U.L students last night.
    He has not come home yet which is unusual.
    Please see the attached photo.
    If anyone has seen him or if he is sleeping on your couch can you please contact his family or ask him to phone home, please share this....

If you have any information please phone: 061 354320

1622030_654995634561879_1685357338_n.jpg
    The family of Stephen kavanagh have requested that we share his photo and that if anybody has seen Stephen or been in contact with him in the last 12 hours to contact Henry street or pm us here, his family are very concerned for his welfare

http://www.thejournal.ie/stephen-kavanagh-missing-1349034-Mar2014/?utm_source=twitter_self

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jeuneespoire

1897968_601539939929334_946070701_n.jpg

There is a sticky about Stephen already at the top of this forum but might be no harm to add those pics too it. Really hope this young fella turns up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I made a request over the radio tonight hon to get him to come home safe. Please god he is ok. xx

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Cerque

It couldn't be true, he was last seen in Limerick, not Galway, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post: Can we please keep this thread about Steven Kavanagh and information regarding searches/sightings. Have moved the off topic posts into the thread already discussing what they were about.

The Gardaí have advised that they will continue to liaise with Steven's family.

The Gardaí have now moved on to the next stage of the Garda investigation and will no longer be involved in organising search teams in Clonlara unless further information comes to their attention.

Water searches will be continued by the Irish Coast Guard.

I'm sure that everyone is hoping that there will be positive outcomes to the searches for Steven Kavanagh and Mark Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Sadly they found Mark Casey's body in the river this morning, Poor family must be distraught. May he rest in peace.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Sadly they found Mark Casey's body in the river this morning, Poor family must be distraught. May he rest in peace.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2014/0315/602509-mark-casey/

That's very sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

I hope Steven is found alive and well.

Volunteers are being sought for another land search this weekend.
    People are asked to gather at Clonlara Community Centre at 10am on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭ZomB13 F1Sh

Chucken wrote: »
    Volunteers are being sought for another land search this weekend.
    People are asked to gather at Clonlara Community Centre at 10am on Saturday.

Is there any requirements for people that want to help out?

God no. Just dress for walking in wet ground. Keep warm.Bring water etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

Any news?

Aragneer wrote: »
    Any news?

Nothing reported as yet I am afraid. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

My sister just text saying they found his body at ardnacrusha. She lives quite close to the family in clonlara

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

God rest his soul. Another young person who has departed this world far too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Sad news, the body of Steven Kavanagh has been recovered from the River Shannon.

Condolences to his family and friends - May he rest in peace.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/body-of-missing-lit-student-steven-kavanagh-is-found-1-5956444

• Advertisement

R.I.P Steven, Condolences to all that knew and loved him.

While it will not be the news that anyone will have wanted to hear, I hope that the finding of Steven allows his family to lay him to rest, and I hope that they all have someone close to help them through what has to be a horrible time for them all.

I will leave the thread here a little longer so that anyone who may have been checking the thread and wishing for good news can leave a message of condolence if they so desire. If any who knew Steven wishes for the thread to be removed sooner, please PM me and I will remove the thread immediately.

On that, I also hope that the search for a Limerick man in and around Lough Derg brings news soon, and I dearly hope that the news is positive. I shall refrain from naming the man, but I know him in passing and my other half would know him and his family.

May God keep and protect you Steven my friend. We will all miss you and your humour so very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭yankinlk

RIP

Absolutely heart broken here. We'll miss you so much Steve.
    Be at peace now xxxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

RIP

Advertisement