Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Replacement Iphone 5

• 06-03-2014 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭

Hi guys during the xmas I dropped a piece of timber onto my phone on a site I was working on. It smashed the screen to bits. I have had the phone in two separate phone repair shops and both have come back saying the replacement screens they fitted doesn't fix the phone and it's probably the motherboard is damaged as well..

I dont have insurance on the phone and my network three are unwilling to help me out. Is there any way to get a replacement Iphone 5 without paying 500 or 600 for a new one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

i got my iphone 5 replaced after damaging the screen for 260 euro by fonfix in sandyford. it was for a full unit replacement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

What had you to do to get that? Any paperwork? Are they an authorized apple repair place?

What had you to do to get that? Any paperwork? Are they an authorized apple repair place?

fonfix.ie

i am in dublin so could drop the phone into them. I remember being told when i rang them that they have a freepost service.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Whiterbel I'm almost certain that my phone is less than a year old. Does that still apply to me?

• Advertisement

Whiterbel I'm almost certain that my phone is less than a year old. Does that still apply to me?

if the phone is in warranty and undamaged, it would be replaced

if it is out of warranty or else damaged (as in this case it is) then there is an out of warranty service available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

How bad condition is it in?
    An iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. For example, an iPhone that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details. Refer to this article to check if the Liquid Contact indicator on your product has been triggered.

If your iPhone is not eligible for warranty service, you may wish to contact your carrier for other options.

It's missing the home button and there is a load of glass missing from the screen as well

It's missing the home button and there is a load of glass missing from the screen as well

Contact Apple so and explain the situation and see can they arrange and OOW repair for accidental damage. Give an honest description of the damage too & you will get an option & price.

Thanks for that. I will get in contact with them. Is there a phone number that I can ring them on?

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I will get in contact with them. Is there a phone number that I can ring them on?

http://www.apple.com/ie/support/contact/

Advertisement